Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

MalayAsian Hangar

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:04 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MalayAsian Hangar

X Man - you darn LIAR!!!

Captain Glo - if you are lucky the Extra is arriving on Friday! A nice RED one ya.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:06 AM
X_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Rottie's heated replies.... I guessed... Overheat the server.... Hahaha...

The wing was kept in a homemade canvas bag secured at 4 corners to the rack.
ORIGINAL: tIANci

RCU server was down earlier on ... the thing crashed I think. Fuse on top should be ok, not the wing! A friend of mine carried his pusher F16 on top of his car, I mean it was meant to fly faster than the car travelling on the road.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:13 AM
RottieBoy

ORIGINAL: CaptainGlo

ORIGINAL: RottieBoy

ORIGINAL: fuzzlee

Flare,
Does 9M-KEW have any meaning??
9 Moneywises - Kena Every Woman ?
Rottie,

It's his wife's surname, so better not make fun.
Oh sorry Flare, no disrespect intended. Did'nt know it was your wifes name. my aplogies.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:18 AM
GAGAK

Cap'n & Brambus,

Received my tracking # from Edwin of EFASIA....hehheeh! Yours should be with you by tomorrow too I think.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:28 AM
CaptainGlo

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Captain Glo - if you are lucky the Extra is arriving on Friday! A nice RED one ya.
Tianci,

Ya, I am feeling lucky. Please let me know the moment she arrives. I can't wait to get my arms around her.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:19 AM
V power

i have not been here for quite some time
hey rottiboy
please excuse my this friend Mcfuc*@#, he came from Singapore Geyland. At the moment he is jobless, he just hand out here hopeing someone can give he(she) a good FUC@ from behind. Anybody, SPA Tan ???[X(]
Old 05-24-2006, 06:51 AM
tIANci

Gagak - next week batteries arrive! Will ensure its sent to you. Also should get the servos by then too!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:33 AM
RottieBoy

well Pure Nitro,,, I can see why SpaTan loveees Singaporeans so much, As for MacIdiot Neil... I have'nt seen him online for the last few days?...good riddance to bad rubbish I say.!!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:47 AM
tIANci

I think I am spending too much time in here!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70670.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	465817  
Old 05-24-2006, 08:35 AM
CaptainGlo

SAFETY SUGGESTION

I hope this post will not start another round of (&%#@*(+~ what-you-call-it). Thought I'd share this idea with you guys for the benefit of all.

This is what I was taught at scuba class. Before you scuba dive, you have to check all your equipment. You then check our buddy's equipment and he checks yours. After putting on the equipment, there is another round of checking to see that everything is put on correctly. You check him and he checks you.

I think it is a good idea to practise this procedure in RC as well. We check our planes (servos, horns, linkages, cables, etc, etc) and radio. Then ask another pilot to run thru' the check again.
After you put on the wings, both of you check to ensure that it's put on securely.

Some of you might be already doing this (that's good) but I'm sure most will just unpack the plane from the car, setup and fly.

This extra round of checking won't take more than 5 minutes. No harm to be extra careful, right?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:16 AM
GAGAK

A VERY SOUND SUGGESTION. Saya SOKONG, I'm doing it at my field.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:22 PM
moneywise

Hey! Roti-man. Now that you mention it, I shall take out my MVVS so called lesser HP and replace it with that Alfa Romeo 3 litre V6 engine which is idling at home to my plane. Wow! now I have 190HP to my pylon plane!.
Aha! you sure lose with this set-up.
You sure you no want anymore G-strings?. Got good range and some nicely stained to match your CRABBY pylon.

I RELUCTANTLY BUILD TO FLY AND COULDN'T BE BOTHER TO REBUILD TO FLY. ITS CHEAPER TO GET AT AH WONG SHOP!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:37 PM
sigrun

ORIGINAL: CaptainGlo

SAFETY SUGGESTION
This is what I was taught at scuba class.
I think it is a good idea to practise this procedure in RC as well.
Next you'll be wanting a co-pilot required on the flight line reading out checklists and demanding an "I'm not comfortable with your decision Captain" CRM style ''let's all be friends" discussion' prior to commencing any manoeuvre.

Leave the nonsense where it belongs, on the bottom of the ocean.[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 05-24-2006, 06:50 PM
tIANci

Sigrun - heheheehehee
Old 05-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Flare

Hi Rottie,

Thanks. Appologies accepted.

Speaking of registration markings, did the wing registration marks last night. Not happy with the water rudder pushrod assembly as it seems to be sticking a little. Very irritating. Going to replace the stock assembly supplied with the sullivan flexible nyrod assembly later tonite and see.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:52 PM
GAGAK

I still support Cap'n suggestion especially with a new plane or a beginner's or those that wants to do it. Its a free world here last I checked in M'sia.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:44 PM
CaptainGlo

ORIGINAL: sigrun

Next you'll be wanting a co-pilot required on the flight line reading out checklists and demanding an "I'm not comfortable with your decision Captain" CRM style ''let's all be friends" discussion' prior to commencing any manoeuvre.

Leave the nonsense where it belongs, on the bottom of the ocean.[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Hhmmm....co-pilot? That's a good suggestion too. Anything to improve safety for flyers and spectators alike.

My suggestion is what it is....a suggestion. Malaysia is a free country. You don't have to do it if its too cumbersome for you. It's not law.

Gagak,
Thanks for your support. I would think its good for older planes too since servo mounting could have come loose, control horns crack, control surface hinges loose, etc, due to fatique.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:03 PM
fuzzlee

CG,
I think what you suggest is great!! In fact a lot of the guys have been practising for awhile now.... Myself and wan have seen a lot of mishap in the past which can be avoided... So, when we have our new plane out the standard things applies.. Both of us will see what we've done to the plane.. I check his and he check mine... flight control movements.... range check... And finally, during the maiden we'll be beside to support and give inputs on how the airplane is behaving and help with the trim if required.. He he..
Old 05-24-2006, 11:12 PM
CaptainGlo

Fuzzlee,

Great! Please help rub off this 'culture' to those around you.

But do not do this just for new planes before maiden. Let's make it a habit and do it all the time, esp. the older planes.
We must not assume that once a plane has flown, everything is OK for the next flight next week.
As a professional pilot, you are accustomed to Maintenance Checks, and you do a walk round your plane before every flight.

An extra 5 minutes check before flight will save you lots of time and $$ doing repairs.

...Think Safety First...
Old 05-24-2006, 11:24 PM
fuzzlee

Thank God, no injuries or damages to 3rd party on any of the incidents I've seen!
The most typical error that I've seen so many times: (feel free to comment on this)

1. Didn't check flight control direction.. I know someone crashed it more than once because of this and never learn!!!
2. Didn't do a range check... Some uses different brand receiver and still did not bother to check
3. Forget to connect the aileron wire... this could be avoided if flight controls were checked
4. Lack of understanding of own transmitter... I've seen guys that didn't realize that they had programmed certain switch to do certain things.. On one incident, that guy programmed that the servo will reverse with the flip of a switch!!!
5. Forget to put the screw at the servo horn... Happened to me once, and thank god it was the throttle, had to fly it at full throttle until ran out of fuel.... I've seen some that happened on primary flight controls which ended up with a disastrous result!!
6. Already checked frequency and already identified the other same frequency user, And still forget when he turns his transmitter on... Unfortunately, I didn't only see this happen with new flyers.. It also happens to senior flyers with more than 20 years experience!!!

He he... Just some thoughts....
Old 05-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Flare

Ok, this is fun. Lets compare notes on personal mishaps due to technical failures..here is mine...

1. Throttle Linkage jammed
-> Flew at Full throttle till ran out of fuel.
-> MY REMEDY : Only use flex-cables with ball links for throttle now

2. Aileron 'Y' harness failed
-> Crashed. But cut engine and let aircraft settle as gently as possible
-> MY REMEDY : Removed aileron 'Y' harnesses on all aircraft and used Flaperon instead

3. Servo screws came loose during flight for Elevator and Rudder Servos
-> Noticed aircraft behaving weird, landed immediately. No damage
-> MY REMEDY : Added extra ply to base of servo tray so self tapping screws fit more snugly

4. Fuel tank leaked into fuselage
-> Noticed aircraft behaving weird, landed immediately. All servos FRIED!
-> MY REMEDY : Use good quality tank, tank stopper, silicon seal tank stopper and wrap tank and/or receiver in plastic

My personal safety checks..

1. Range check before first flight
2. Clean up plane completely after flight to remove oil residue from control linkages, servos etc.
3. Use servo ciser (checker) to run servos to continuosly before installing into aircraft and sometimes as preventive maintenance
4. Tie and run servo wires neatly in fuselage and ensure antenna cable runs by itself, does not loop back and has no kinks in it
-> All my aircraft antenna wires runs in an antenna housing within the fuselage.
5. Only use branded receivers. If I can't afford a branded receiver...I don't buy the plane!
6. Make sure RX & RX battery is properly & neatly insulated and tied-down in aircraft

Old 05-25-2006, 01:01 AM
new wing man

You know what guys, I feel the problem at most flying field is not related to anything else but "EGOistic PROBLEM".
If only everyone can leave this problem of theirs where it's suppose to be, then the flying filed will be a better place.
Almost all of us know that saftey is the utmost important issue in every aspect, so why can't some people understand that what is being stressed upon is for the benefit of all ie. flyiers, spectators, (may be not for the hobby shop) cause no damage to aircraft means " no sale mah". What about loved ones at the field " GOD forbid" having to go to the hospital with an TT46 mounted on the head.
Guys I believe that this issue can be talked even till the "donkey tries to finds it's way back home" (changed) will not make a difference until the individuals see's their true self in the mirror.
To all out there who wants saftey to be enforced (if it needs to) i'm with you guys.

LET'S ENJOY THIS HOBBY AND NOT KILL IT BECAUSE OF SOME IRRESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL WHO CARES TO HOOTS FOR OTHERS
Old 05-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Flare

Well, I for one believe in safety..and most important is maintaining an awareness at the flying field, being aware of your surroundings, and happenings. I have also learnt the hard way, that like most hazardous past times..you should not to fly or even be at the flying field if you are tired or your mind is pre-occupied.

I am sure most of you know what happened to my poor little finger. After dissecting the incident carefully, I admit it was purely my own stupidity as a result of 2 factors, complaisancy & tiredness.

The night before the incident I was up late finishing a plane, only had about 3 hours sleep. The next day, helping a buddy run in a new engine I had gone back a few times to the plane in between flying and chatting to adjust the needle. On the 3rd / 4th return, I had gotten complaisant and just approached the aircraft without thinking and while chit chatting still stuck my hand right into the prop which was probably turning over 11k at that time...anyway, most of you who were there knows what happened next. [&:] At that moment, I had forgotten the basic rule of approaching a running engine from the rear only probably due to a combination of things mentioned above.

For those of you who don't know, CaptGlo rushed me to the hospital. The prop went right thru just grazing the bone but severed 2 tendens. It cost my insurance company about 5.5K. The surgeon had to remove bits of prop, grass & sand from my open wound and re-attach the tendens. I had about 35 stiches in total and it took nearly a year before I could fully extend finger. And until today, the finger is a little crooked.

But what was quite funny was when the nurse asked me how I cut my finger so badly and I told her "Kena Kipas Kapal Terbang". She had no idea I was referring to a model!

So checking equipment and is definately a must, but you gotta check yourself too and make sure you are always alert.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:36 AM
RottieBoy

checks are a good idea, but let not get all legalistic or we're going to be another singapore!!

The basics are whats importantsie: take care of your plane (nothing lose, everything tight) stay away from prop, don't land or take off close to people. Understand your limits & those of your plane.

The above is what safe or safer / better modelers subconsciously practise. Don't think we need to turn it into a set or do/don'ts except possibly for beginners so they learn the basics.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:32 AM
Mac Neil

ORIGINAL: new wing man

Guys I believe that this issue can be talked even till the "donkey tries to finds it's way back home" (changed) will not make a difference until the individuals see's their true self in the mirror.
To all out there who wants saftey to be enforced (if it needs to) i'm with you guys.

LET'S ENJOY THIS HOBBY AND NOT KILL IT BECAUSE OF SOME IRRESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL WHO CARES TO HOOTS FOR OTHERS
BINGO!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.