Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Thinking of getting out of R/C (Bored)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Thinking of getting out of R/C (Bored)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Medrivfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting out of R/C (Bored)

For some reason R/C has just gotten to be more of a chore rather than a hobby for me. This morning i woke up at 9:30 forcing myself to get out of bed just to prep up my trucks to go out today. I really wanted to sleep in. I've been in this hobby for 3 years now and i find no more excitement in it. I think i'm just going to sell off everything for the exception of my Electric on-road. Just because my wife & daughter like to play with it. Has anybody else felt this way?

This site has been very helpful for me in the past. I thank everybody for their input and advice.

P.S. This is definitly not a money problem. I'm just Bored of it all.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:46 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Thinking of getting out of R/C (Bored)

You gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Makuku68

You know I got bored of it to several years back and I'm back again spending more money for the better RC's out there. I still have all my old RC's and I will probably break them out of the box and reguvenate them all.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:58 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few years ago I quit racing and sold all my offroad stuff. Wound up with a couple of planes. They were fun for a little while but I really missed the competition of racing. When the new MN Traveling series kicked off last year I bought a truck but didn't quite make it last summer. I raced a bit through the winter in a monthly series and now am in full swing having the most fun I ever have had! The trick is you have to know what you really love to do. I absolutely love racing. If I can't race then I get bored. Between races all I can think about is how long it is until the next race. I feed off of the competition and as long as it is there I will be racing. Its perfect now because I'm trying to chase down a couple of Losi factory drivers who are in the series. Last race I finished within 17 seconds of one at the end of a 15 minute main and having a two vs. one pit stop disadvantage so I am stoked to have another chance at him in a couple of weeks. With any luck I'll be right on his bumper, or him on mine! Maybe a hiatus will allow you to remember what you really love about r/c and then GET TO IT!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:18 AM
J_D

if ur bored at the moment, and theres no money issues, dont sell ur stuff.

just pack it all up, u never know when u might feel like pulling them out again one day.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:02 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

You'll be sorry
Old 06-05-2006, 03:32 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try changing something, get a plane or try your hand at heli flying. I have the same thing that your mentioning. I find that if I have a change then the interest is sparked again. I do not know if you race your cars but if you don't then you could give that a try.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:43 AM
EpoweredRC

he said it wasnt money not he was rich LOL, getting into helis would be a lot more work then owning cars, I think hes just bored with the hobby, dude take all your stuff for glow make sure the afterrun procedres are done right ,clean everyone up really good, take all tx batterys out and put all the stuff in your garage or basement or atic.. Keep all of it and in maybe 1,2,5,8, years you might want to get it out and play around with it. maybe when your daughter is older...

My father has flown airplanes since the 60's , in 1989 when he got me into the hobby he still had his old planes and radios, we flew the old stuff for a while.
now we get in and out of this hobby all the time. we have planes glow and E,helis, slot car stuff,Nitro boats,.and now once again More cars. well prolly get tired after a yr but we will just stick them in aa coner never sell cause you never know when you want to play again. I have been happy that if i ever want to play I know its there.

Good luck to you.

ORIGINAL: GRANT ED

Try changing something, get a plane or try your hand at heli flying. I have the same thing that your mentioning. I find that if I have a change then the interest is sparked again. I do not know if you race your cars but if you don't then you could give that a try.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:05 PM
boltech

Yes I did.. when I turned 13 and hormones kicked in.. then females became my hobby and my Marui Samurai got boxed away never to see light again for almost 15 years.. come March 05 when I purchased a new house and was opening old boxes and came across it. I decided to charge it up and take it for a spin... the battery pack lasted for crap but I was bitten by the RC bug again and well here I am almost a year and a half later still going strong.

ORIGINAL: Medrivfast

For some reason R/C has just gotten to be more of a chore rather than a hobby for me. This morning i woke up at 9:30 forcing myself to get out of bed just to prep up my trucks to go out today. I really wanted to sleep in. I've been in this hobby for 3 years now and i find no more excitement in it. I think i'm just going to sell off everything for the exception of my Electric on-road. Just because my wife & daughter like to play with it. Has anybody else felt this way?

This site has been very helpful for me in the past. I thank everybody for their input and advice.

P.S. This is definitly not a money problem. I'm just Bored of it all.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:02 AM
cheeseclip

9:30 is a sleep in!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:02 AM
125cchyperman

Yeah as stated earlier i wouldnt sell yur things if it's not a money issue. Just clean it all up and put some after run oil in them and store them away. I had the same problem a couple of years ago and i got really bored of it all. Just wanted to seel all of it but no one wanted to buy it so i just stock it in the closet and about a year later got bored one day and took the old t-maxx out and well started back up again.

And if you dont get back into it maybe your daughter may get into it or maybe even your wife. I mean who know's but if it's not a money issue then i would keep it who know's maybe 6 months from now you'll be kicking yourself in the butt cause you got rid of it all and you have to spend all that money to get back into it.

But sometimes you just got to move.

But anyways best of luck in whatever your decision is.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Medrivfast

Now you all got me thinking of just keeping it and just storing it away. I might just need a few months to a year break from it all.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:02 AM
tadracket
My Feedback: (1)

I am 32 and have been playing with cars, trucks, boats and planes for almost 20 years now. I'll buy a car and run it, mod it, run it and then sell it after about a year or 2. I always come back. My boy is 2 and LOVES airplanes so I am back into airplanes now plus I am rebuilding 3 gold RC10s at the moment to bring back old memories. I don't remember all the stuff I have been through, but I keep coming back. I will get out for a year and then I am back again. Take a break or try something new. But don't be in a hurry to get rid of your stuff. I regret selleing everything I ever sold. Lots of regret there.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Dudelive

Well first off can you sell them and get 50% of your money back? If you can then selling may be ok. Personally if you know how to store them and it would seem as though you do, then thwere is know way in the world I would sell them. It is a way for you to unwind from a normal week at work right by yourself or with the family. Selling might not be good but you gotta decide that.

Thanks
Dudelive
Old 06-06-2006, 09:25 PM
revo=fast

i think competitive racing (like series racing) really is the true fun (and justification)of rc and spending money.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:07 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

When your a real professional racer, I'm not sure how you can consider it a hobby anymore.