Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Happy Father's Day

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Happy Father's Day

Old 06-18-2006, 10:34 AM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Father's Day

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/dragon.html

First of all I just wanted to say happy Father's Day to those of you who are Fathers & Grandfathers. I qualify in both categories.

I had plans to attend a nearby club's Father's Day Fly-in & bar-b-q. Until my wife got me this airplane in the link above as my Father's Day gift. So now I am torn between going flying, & assembling my new plane. The picture in the link does this plane no justice at all. It really is a finely crafted, beautiful ARF. One of the nicest I have ever seen & it is a no-name. As far as we can tell it looks like the manufacturer was 456MB. That is the only name on the box & the instructions other than the model name itself, Dragon 40. It is a fantastic flier & very nicely built. I am told that it is no longer available.

The way this plane came into the picture was because of 3 friends in our club. They had gone up to Sacramento to RC Country, (a large LHS) last week or so & found 4 of these ARFs still there & I believe at some type of clearance price. They bought all four of them between the 3 guys. I first saw one this last Wed morning. I fly with this group of guys on Wed & Fri mornings. By Fri two of them were built & flying. I was really impressed with them both, which is a little odd as I generally don't care for high-wing aircraft much unless it has another wing below the fuse too! Anyway two of them had their new Dragons at the field Fri morning & they are great fliers!! They are also very nice looking planes up close & in person, like I said the pic doesn't do them any justice but they really are quite nice looking. When I found out that one of my friends had bought two of them of course I started asking what was it gonna take to talk him out of the other new one he still had in the box at home.[8D] He didn't sound very interested in re-selling it though. Then yesterday he called & let my wife buy it for me for Father's Day at a very reasonable price. I have done quite a few ARFs now & everything I've seen that even comes close to the quality of these ARFs has generally been a little pricey to say the least. So I am very happy to get my hands on the last one at a good price. So I hope everyone's Father's Day turns out to be as good as mine, now if you excuse me I am going to go tinker with my new toy.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Happy Father's Day

lucky... My wife complains when I just look at other planes weather I am planning to get it or not.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:54 AM
elenasgrumpy

lol I hear ya Brother. I did get very lucky in the wife department!! Especially for a Grumpy old fart like me.[&:]
Old 06-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Mitty

Well,Thank you for the FD congrats.

My wife don't really care if i look at the planes or buy them cuz i got no wife! lol I scrapped mine a while aso so being single there is a lot of things i do that she wouldnt like
Old 06-18-2006, 09:15 PM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mark, I reviewed that plane about two years ago. It is fantastic!!!

You'll love it!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had planned to do some flying today, but the weather was lousy, and anyway it's also my daughter's birthday. So she comes first.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:28 PM
elenasgrumpy

Mike that's great news to hear, I was sure I was going to be very happy with it after watching it fly for the first time! I watched 4 deadstick landings where it darn near landed itdelf each time. I was impressed to say the least.

Happy Father's Day!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Missileman

Nice FD gift Grumpy. I do like the looks.
My oldest daughter bought a Blade CX for me, since it was super windy yesterday I broke it out and hovered all over my living room, 4 flights total and one more this morning. Yay, now I have an inside toy for bad weather days
Old 06-19-2006, 03:45 PM
elenasgrumpy

Blade CX, Very cool gift!! Lot's of fun on those rainy, windy days.