Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
seanm729

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

hey entity, whats the cheapest charger you can get for the roto?
Old 06-24-2006, 06:55 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

buy a roto bit and if you have a cordless drill your set.. if not.. I can show yah a place to buy a nice cordless drill and of course you can use it for all sorts of stuff around the house
Old 06-24-2006, 06:57 PM
futabaed

Yhea I like the 16 tooth too, plenty of mid/high performance.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:59 PM
entity
Banned

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91396
Old 06-24-2006, 07:01 PM
entity
Banned

18th.. is just a step above.. worth try the next time you order..
Old 06-24-2006, 08:13 PM
TruckFreak

Hey I'm also getting the 18t clutch bell and the hpi roto start(just the back plate though) at my LHS for 18 "buck's"
Old 06-24-2006, 08:19 PM
futabaed

Thats a great price jump all over that!
[8D]
Old 06-24-2006, 08:42 PM
TruckFreak

Yeah,the clutch bell is used(That's why it's so cheap) but in good condition.I think the whole roto start kit (minus the battery) is 40"bucks".Not that .bad either.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:16 PM
seanm729

i just turnned my low speed needle in about 10 or 15 degrees and went to start it and the truck(volcano) staled out when I took the glow plug starter off. i thought about this thread that i read that said to put a new glow plug in if it did this so i did and it ran better than ever!!!! i started it up and held it (with out sticking my finger into the gears through the hole on the bottom) and hit the gas for about 30 to 40 seconds and set it donwn and to my suprise, it was running perfect!! i was going fast and stopping and going (without hesitation) I LOVE MY VOLCANO!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:41 PM
seanm729

sorry i think i spelled stalled wrong. i think it's two L's i'm just so happy all my hard research paid off
Old 06-26-2006, 10:10 PM
futabaed

Good I'm really glad you read through the posts before asking............. it shows you have a real interest in learning the Hobie!
Now that you've got the gloplug figured out slowly start tuning the lsn & you will be able to hit a good 40-45mph run!
(remember only small adjustments in the lsn quarter turn at most each time then run for at least 5 min after adjustment)
Old 06-27-2006, 11:22 AM
TruckFreak

Hey, good to here that seanm729.Even though I'm new to nitro RC's I have learned alot and one thing is to always have extra glow plugs on hand just in case.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Bananaboat

Hello everybody !! Chubby, you are going to LOVE THIS !!!! another chapter of "how the hec did he do that????" LOL

The other day I went out with both trucks.... but my Himoto broke again before I could record anything.... ( I can't get those rear axes holder to remain in ONE PIECE!!! still waiting for the spare ones ! Anyway, when I got back home the universal shaft finally arrived !! ONce again I fixed the rear axes holders... and installed the new shafts (they look good) so now I am back to 4x4!!!!

well .... for some mystery of the universe I decided to check the carburetor to see it there was anything wrong with it (still don't know WHAT THE HEC I WAS LOOKING FOR)... it turns out that it got stuck and wouldn't leave the engine !!!! so after some minutes (OF RAGE) I gently remove it .... WITH A DRILL !!!! end of story: for 125 Real (50 bucks) I'll get a new carburator (ALL METAL) tomorow !! I think it is from OS engine and fits perfectly. I know it is expensive, but it is better than order a new engine (would cost me MUCH MORE)... and there is a lesson from all of this: DON'T BE SO STUPID BANANA !!!!

Best regards,

PS - today I'll finally post some pics
Old 06-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Popper252

lol.... you took a drill to the carb.... wow good job man. Did you happen to notice the little screw with a nut on it that held the carb in place before you mutilated the thing?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:43 PM
futabaed

I like to use a 10 pound sledge hammer to remove any lose screws 1st .
Hope you get the thing back together ok.
And cant wait to see pics.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:00 PM
entity
Banned

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_190/tt.htm

Help me to support our troops.. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Bananaboat

It was loose already !!! don't know what the hec happened... the screw was loose but the carb woudn't come off !!! :-( I even get to a point to just forget about it and tight it again .... but for some reason it wond not get still again !!! the screw was really tight and the carb was totatly loose .... It was a hell of mess I did !! that's what it was !! LOL

Forgot to tell you guys !!! last weekend I went to a really nice hotel up in the mountains with my girl and I've proposed to her and (thx God) she said yes !!! :-) so now I am engaged!!! and my birthday is tomorow... so I could say that I am having a GOOOOOOOOOOOD month !!! (besides the truck incident uhahuahuauhahu)

Regards,

ORIGINAL: Popper252

lol.... you took a drill to the carb.... wow good job man. Did you happen to notice the little screw with a nut on it that held the carb in place before you mutilated the thing?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38143.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	483834  
Old 06-27-2006, 06:52 PM
DiTi

banana, try to clean up the inside of the engine before you install the new carb. it sounds like there will be a bunch of drill scrubs inside it. you can either use after run oil or nitro fuel (you might want to double check with someone on how to clean it). it would be a great bummer ruining the engine like that

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!GO BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2006, 06:55 PM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: Bananaboat

It was loose already !!! don't know what the hec happened... the screw was loose but the carb woudn't come off !!! :-( I even get to a point to just forget about it and tight it again .... but for some reason it wond not get still again !!! the screw was really tight and the carb was totatly loose .... It was a hell of mess I did !! that's what it was !! LOL

Forgot to tell you guys !!! last weekend I went to a really nice hotel up in the mountains with my girl and I've proposed to her and (thx God) she said yes !!! :-) so now I am engaged!!! and my birthday is tomorow... so I could say that I am having a GOOOOOOOOOOOD month !!! (besides the truck incident uhahuahuauhahu)

Regards,

ORIGINAL: Popper252

Congrats on the engagement Banana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once you say "I Do" your done... GAME OVER.
and you can say goodbye to your toys.

I'm just kidding and wish you and soon to be Mrs. Banana, all the best.

Mark

Old 06-27-2006, 07:05 PM
futabaed

flushing out the shavings with nitro fuel will work great.
And im glad to hear theres someone out there who will put up with you
Wish you all the best!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:10 PM
chubbysuncle

WOW![X(] Hey congratulations are in order here on your engagement! Best wishes guys! Now can she fix a Himoto? LOL..
That carb screw, actually a nut on the muffler side, needs to be loosend just a few turns. Don't remove the nut! When it's loose give it a tap in towards the base of the carb. It should go in about 1-2 mm. The carb should twist and slide out with some force. There are 2 O rings that make the seal in there are the fuel can get them stuck. Be sure to clean out all the crud in the crankshaft area like DiTi said. When you install the new carb put a small bead of High temperature Silicone by the Orings. Auto stores should have it. Liquid engine gasket stuff. I think you said you couldn't find it down there. That RTV silicone stuff.
Good luck there man. Hopefully the beautiful lady there can straighten you out! HaHA! Gotta teach her to fix your cars. Just Hide the DRILL!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:17 PM
chubbysuncle

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_190/tt.htm

NOW A REDCAT DEALER FOR ALL RTR MACHINES AND PARTS.. 24/7 CUSTOMER SERVICE. EMAIL ME FOR DETAILS!
???? What's that link about??? If it's because he doesn't own a Redcat.. relax.
The guy buys parts from suppliers on this forum. His Himoto is a twin to the Volcano. He may even order from you sometime.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:25 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats banana, but if she made you post that image than you may already be whipped like me. Being whipped is not a bad thing. Or least that is what I continue to convince myself on a daily basis.

Good luck and dont forget the best part of marriage! "Every day you get to wake up next to the same woman for the next 50 years" now isnt that wonderful.

Darin
Old 06-27-2006, 07:26 PM
ehroof

ohh yeah, waking up to the same woman, every day, LOL!!!! No matter what you think now, it all changes when you say i do!!!!! 100%

just remember that.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:29 PM
RedcatRacing

Changes for better. When married you really dont need to talk to them anymore. Just grunt and send her flowers every so often. hehe

Darin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.