Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

enya 40 older model

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

enya 40 older model

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:17 PM
SQUIZZY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default enya 40 older model

i have an older model enya 40ss with single needle carby,i dont seem to be able to get peak revs can anyone help
Old 07-02-2006, 03:56 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: enya 40 older model

Set the low speed air bleed screw so that it is halfway across the little hole. Peak the high speed needle then back off a few clicks, same as usual. Make small adjustments to the low speed needle to get a good transition from idle to full throttle. The air bleed screw is the opposite of the low speed needle on 2-needle carbs. Screw the air bleed screw in for a richer mixture.

I had a 45SS with an air bleed carb and loved it. I now have two of their 50SS engines. Great engines! The 50SS engines have dual needles.

They seem to run best on 5% or 10% nitro. Some say you should run them on castor for the iron sleeve. I run a 5% nitro 50/50 castor/synthetic blend. The Enya #3, Enya #4, OS 8 plugs work well.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:14 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
What do you mean by: "I can't get peak rews"?

If you just run fresh fuel containing 5%-10% nitro, An Enya 3 or OS 8 glowplug, 10x6-11x6 prop (Preferably APC) and using a 8oz fuel tank, with pressure from the original silencer ...and the engine is in good condition, I can see no reason why it should not rew around 13000-14000 rpm on a 10x6 APC prop (if it is the ball-bearing engine you have got).

If you don't get it to rew that much you better check the engine out.
It could be worn out (piston to cylinder liner fit bad, connecting rod worn out and worn out ball-bearings)

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Old 07-02-2006, 07:06 PM
SQUIZZY

Thanks for the info.Much appreciated.I also have a new 50CX TN which is the Greatest.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:32 PM
SQUIZZY

Thank you for the reply,my mispelling must be confusing,word should revs,not rews .Apparently this motor was received new with the updated S4040 carburater in place of the original 40130 [notice in box issued with motor] and their is not to much detail for it in the operating instruction.The motor has heaps of compression and seller informed me it has had little use so all i can conclude is that it needs some some more running in and carby adjustment during this period.SQUIZZY.