Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

truggy pics.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:37 PM
noximus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: truggy pics.........

that thing looks CLEAN man!! very nice looking truggy..one thing i did notice, your air filter..how did you lube up your air filter? i usually place mine in a plastic baggy and soak it in oil..squeeze it out and place it in...also, this depends on your track conditions, but i like to use an air filter cover/secondary air filter..kinda like extra protection.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6528

also i am sure you know this..but a good friend of mine lost his 300+ dollar engine cause he decided to use some small zip tie for his air filter going to his carb..i use a good sized zip tie and i yank it till its nice and tight..

you might already know these things, but just in case you didnt..as i have seen a couple of guys over look such things...myself included..lol

forgot to ask, how many springs you got holding on your header to your engine? i usually use two to get a nice tight seal..but if the one holds up, thats great.

congrats with your trug [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-01-2006, 07:31 PM
PillowPants

alright man. I did the air filter in a baggie full of oil, then squeezed it inside of a paper towel to get all the access oil out, and I used bigger zip ties, AND threw another spring around the engine for the manifold. Thanks for the tips man!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:14 PM
noximus

glad to hear you already got everything taken care of..i guess its time to see that thing full of dirt or what? its too clean man..lol once again, great set up..let us know how it worked out for you at the track.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:33 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: noximus

glad to hear you already got everything taken care of..i guess its time to see that thing full of dirt or what? its too clean man..lol once again, great set up..let us know how it worked out for you at the track.
Man I keep all my stuff clean! Quads, RC's, etc.. It runs as good as it looks! Check it out.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:05 AM
noximus

your pimpin it man!! looks great...[sm=punching.gif]
Old 07-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Tazer_version_A

Cant recommend the 2 stage air filters enough ....

Im itchin to try that conical header on a few of my pipes and engines too. I hear it really makes a difference.

On the small vs large zip tie thing .... on the carb neck, I'll run the smaller zip ties. I get it snug by hand, then get a pair of needle nose pliers, grip the long end of the tie that gets cut off - right down by the little clamp thingie that makes the zips work - and Curl the pliers ... . Usually cinches it down 2-4 more "clicks". I test its fitment by lifting the vehicle up by the air filter tube for a second.

Have yet to have one come off since I started using the pliers like that.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:44 AM
PillowPants

I have about 10 spare filters lying around and I'll see if i cant retro fit one of the spare second stage filters. If not, Nox hit me up with a link and I'll just pick one up.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:38 AM
noximus

thats a great idea socal..i have tried it before..but i always break them smaller zip ties each time i try to tighten it with a set of pliers...but if you are able to pick up your rig by your air filter..thats fantastic..i can do the same with my bigger sized ones..but thats also a great idea if you dont have any biger sized zip ties.

here is a link to one ham,

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6528

like socal said..that second stage filter is basicly a must man...especially for peeps living in dry hot conditions like california, AZ, NV...JMHO.

Im itchin to try that conical header on a few of my pipes and engines too. I hear it really makes a difference.
i agree socal..i might buy one and couple it up with the mugen pipe...i heard its dialed.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:27 PM
PillowPants

thanks nox. I still have the link to it you sent me in a PM. lol sorry I think you read that wrong. If you read it that way it looked like I was almost demanding it, lol. I meant that you had given me a link to one.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Tazer_version_A

Noximus and Hamburgler ...

You are in no way allowed to run that OFNA air filter on your kyosho ... thats just sacrilage.

I was going to receommend them - but thought for sure Id get a huge ration O' Scrap.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:13 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: Tazer_version_A

You are in no way allowed to run that OFNA air filter on your kyosho ... thats just sacrilage.

I was going to receommend them - but thought for sure Id get a huge ration O' Scrap.
I actually found a cover from a motorsaver that fit's like a glove! Not too big either.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Tazer_version_A

Tazer ST-Race .... Shorter chassis length than the PRT for those smaller, tighter, technical tracks. This is actually a truck that started as a PRT prototype back in the day thats been a dust collector for some time. Well I finally took a few hrs and refurbed her up to todays specs .... Im pretty pleased with the results - wish I was keeping her - damn nice truck. Bear in mind - there are 90% all new parts but a few "pre-owned" as the say on there as well. With the shorter narrower truggies making a big splash ... we were actually way ahead on the narrower ... and we ve had 2 versions - the ST and the PRT - see pics for chassis length differences ... PRT is about as long as a crt ... i think the ST-Race will be a few clicks shorter than the Kyosho's and the ST1 genre trugz ... It combines the bene's of the smaller spur gear, bigger geared diffs, a norrower chassis, but with the wide beefy arms.

More of our stuff is here ....

http://stores.ebay.com/Tazer-RC-of-SOCAL

Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 AM
noximus

ORIGINAL: Tazer_version_A

HA! your so right...what was i thinking? my apologies Ham..how could i suggest to use some taint hardware on the kyosho...my bad man..my bad...LMAO i guess OFNA can be of service...lol

i guess sometimes you gatta do what you gatta do..lol

hamburgler, no probs man..im just glad i am able to help.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:35 AM
PillowPants

oooooooh.. I dont know about that pearl white body tazer.. [:'(] Wheres the cool grey and silver one?!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:40 AM
RC Mechanic

as a racer as all know for any buggy -truggy you don't want to run the carbon steering plate as they crack and shatter. radio top plate and top plate for center diff are fine to run. not that you wanted my help just a suggestion to keep you running if you race or at least be able to make it through a main. clean lookin truggy and have fun check ya later
Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 PM
EvaderStMan

i cant afford a quality one. so heres a full custom

pretty Bad***** right
Old 07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
mattster72

man i bet that thing can beat a str-r LOL LOL
Old 07-04-2006, 08:09 PM
EvaderStMan

it sure could look at this wheelie power
Old 07-05-2006, 11:52 AM
*Nitstklr72*

i whant one lol does anyone have a eletric trug
Old 07-05-2006, 02:17 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: RC Mechanic

as a racer as all know for any buggy -truggy you don't want to run the carbon steering plate as they crack and shatter. radio top plate and top plate for center diff are fine to run. not that you wanted my help just a suggestion to keep you running if you race or at least be able to make it through a main. clean lookin truggy and have fun check ya later
then you might wanna give Mugen a hallor, their MBX5 Prospec has a CF steerng plate..i also ran one on my LSP for some time to see how it will hold up and it held up just fine. now if you are constantly nose diving on a regular basis..anything can happen for sure..but i think tazer got that truggy dialed with some great options. not saying what you said never happened before..i just thought i could mention this considering one of the well known names has simular design configerations.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Tazer_version_A

Everything breaks if you crash hard enuff :-) There is a CNC top plate option .. but as stated this is a prototyped vehicle - and thats what I had for it. If someone wanted it [and bTW - its been sold to a Canadian Racer] with a CNC Diff top plate - I would have exchanged it out for them.

I think thats one of the benefits of our approach ... if you want something a certain way - we dont make you buy a kit a certain way - rip all the stuff off you dont want, and then send you shopping for hop ups at teh LHS or A-Main/Nitrohouse etc ... The truck will come the way you want it [pretty much - budget constraints considered] from the get go.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Tazer_version_A

LOL ..... F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. ...... I hear you.

I aint no Picasso brother .... it was 3 am, and I had to be at the race track at the crack o' dawn. I aint proud o that paint but it had to do in a pinch. If peeps want their lexan a certain way - we ship em the lid of their preference - CLEAR or we'll send it out to the painter of your choice and let you and them deal with it. I dont paint lexan and I dont glue tires !!!! Most say I cant drive either but I digress :-)
Old 07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Haulin bass

Am I the only one that actually runs his truck LOL

5th place Canadian OffRoad Championship medicine hat round A main.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Wizz Kid

Old 08-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Attached is a "reduced" photo I took from Friday night's race (or Saturday since it went on until 1AM).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16170.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	510458  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.