Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Evader BX racing mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:22 PM
cheech4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evader BX racing mods

ORIGINAL: compound_goose

argh! what a day... two of my batteries leaned against each other on my pit table after i knocked it and totaled both packs, first race i was running in third untill the batteries lost power - they haddent been cycled beforehand! but still managed to get a 4th, second race it wouldnt start at all i stripped the motor down and cleaned it and it ran breifly for the third race but two laps out i pulled the car over loss of power. 4th race came last, three laps down and i dropped out due to motor failiure, we found out it was a sticky brush and attempted to fix it, got the car out and did two laps in the last race and she died again.........

so im gonna buy a pk2k, and ive just bought a new pair of batteries off ebay...

Im sorry if this sounds dumb but i heard of the fraze pk2k before but i dont understand what it is. is it a transmiltter, is it a motor??? please forgive my lack of knowledge
Old 07-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Ca$hmoney

yeah but theres the problems with parts availibility and such.... with all the adjustibles on it i realy dont see what the big issue is with it, after all if it is a losi design...

anyway itll do for now...when ive got the cash...probbably august time perhaps ill go for either a losi or an associated b4, 4wd's dont appeal to me...i just like the way a 2wd feels
I dont care what you guys say.Its fact, setup/car is 50% of it all.If you have a car that spins out on every turn and endos on every jump.You are going to loose time and not be competitive.The driver can only do what his car is capable of and therfore is limited.The Evader is VERY limited on what it can do.It jumps very un-consistantly.It turns like it has no suspension, and just plain sucks.Theres a reason theres no factory duratrax.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:14 PM
cheech4

hey the forum says BX mods... it doesnt say bash the evaders. go do it somewhere else... theres plenty of people in here that own duratrax and race them and do very well against the so called factory race trucks. your right it is the driver who makes the car, not the car who makes the driver. And as far as the suspesnion sucks, there are many ways to tweak the suspension to make it better, i agree out of the box it needs improvement. but once you have your set up down you can keep up with anyone.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Doahh

ORIGINAL: One Bad Dude

yeah but theres the problems with parts availibility and such.... with all the adjustibles on it i realy dont see what the big issue is with it, after all if it is a losi design...

anyway itll do for now...when ive got the cash...probbably august time perhaps ill go for either a losi or an associated b4, 4wd's dont appeal to me...i just like the way a 2wd feels
I dont care what you guys say.Its fact, setup/car is 50% of it all.If you have a car that spins out on every turn and endos on every jump.You are going to loose time and not be competitive.The driver can only do what his car is capable of and therfore is limited.The Evader is VERY limited on what it can do.It jumps very un-consistantly.It turns like it has no suspension, and just plain sucks.Theres a reason theres no factory duratrax.
Driver is 75%
tires are 22%
Setup is 1%
car is the last 1%

I can beat losi cars with my evader and if you give me a losi MF2 it will only cut half a seccond off of my lap times... my car is set up right and so is the losi... pro's only run those cars because THEY GET THEM FOR FREE
Old 07-02-2006, 07:38 PM
raz54

Driver is 75%
tires are 22%
Setup is 1%
car is the last 1%

I can beat losi cars with my evader and if you give me a losi MF2 it will only cut half a seccond off of my lap times... my car is set up right and so is the losi... pro's only run those cars because THEY GET THEM FOR FREE
[/quote]

Man you got that right. I used to beat some RC10 owners with my old, crapy Kangaroo which really pissed them off. Talk about a buggy with no suspension! They kept over powering the track and were always spining out while I just chugged right past them.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Doahh

sereously... you have crap tires you get either too much or too little traction and spin out or roll over in corners... I finally got my evader and XS dialed in and next is the 18T... that's going to be a bit harder with all the power I have from the 8K motor
Old 07-03-2006, 06:40 AM
compound_goose

can i just point out that on my first race out. my 1st heat EVER racing an rc car propperly, with motor problems and god knows what, racing in a reigonal event, and i was running third place till the motor started to go! the two cars behind me were associated B4's!!!!

its mostly the driver.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Ca$hmoney

ORIGINAL: Doahh

Driver is 75%
tires are 22%
Setup is 1%
car is the last 1%

Doahh I highly disagree.

Setup 1%???Yea right.Like I said before, if you have a car that cant jump, nor turn its useless.
I agree tires are very important....

Think of this....Your running side by side with another guy.You go into a sharp turn.Your car pushes and you get hung on the pipe.The guys you were battling with just got a good 6-10 seconds ahead of you along with 2nd 3rd 4th place.You get marshalled and you go into another turn and you slam the brakes to swing the rear end around and it spund too much and get hung on another pipe.....there goes 5th 6th and 7th place right by.See what im getting at???Guys that are running at 110% are taking their cars to the LIMITS.So as far as setup.On turn on the rear shocks may mean you dont push on the same turn lap after lap.

Now listen to this.Evaders are awsome cars for a entry level driver to learn to drive and get the basics of working on their equipment.Now when that Novice driver feels hes ready to move up to Sportsman or even Expert he cant hang becuase it takes him an extra 1 second to make a turn other guys are.10-15 ect laps go by and he sitting a lap down.Thats one turn.What about the rest of the track??

One more situation that applies directly to the Evader BX buggy.He starts the race and has the holeshot.Hes doing really good beating the B4s and BK2/BK1s.He makes one mistake and looses his wing.....Hes now loose a a goose.He has to go 1/4 speed threw every single turn so he doesnt get loose.I hardly ever see BX buggys finish races with those their wings..

I dont even want to go into how weak duratrax plastic is.One small nuge with another car and you shattter a arm.What now???You loose..

If you can win races against decent driver who have great cars with a evader/rusty,bandit ext.You get a decnt car you will beat them twice as bad.

I promiose you Doahh if you had a WELL SETUP MF2 you would shave soooo much time off your laps it would make your head spin.

My point of it all is, dont expect a 100$ to magicly change its shock, tie-rod geomatry and weight ditrubtion becuase you blinged it out.Get a beginner car, run the heck out of it and pass it down to some kid you see at the track every week watching the races and wishses he had a car.Factory driver did not become facotry driving duratrax..

As far a tires...If you dont have the perfect tires for the conditions you make up for in setup....

Soo that being said its more like

Driver 65%
Setup 20%
Tires 15%
Car 10%

=110% and that what it take to win races...

PS. 75+22+1+1=99

Old 07-03-2006, 07:17 AM
bwalker25

congrats on doing well in your first race, all though you didn't finish due to motor issues. I have an evader bx pro and I love it, it doesn't handle worth a dime but its stock so I know I need to fix the shocks and oil and all that. The stock idler gear is pretty strong as well, mine hasn't stripped yet and I run 12 and 13 turn mods.

i'm curious as to what is a starting point for shocks and oil on an evader bx?

any hoot good luck with your evader and I suggest having a diff rebuild kit in your tool box, never know when you will need it and its always good to have one. I built an entire diff (grease, balls, etc) and put it in my box, so if I ever am racing and strip the diff or something goes crazy wrong with it, I can just take a couple screws out and drop a new one in!

I've heard good things about the P2k2, but what about a green machine 3? I have one and it really set my cen sp1 on fire! and congrats again on racing and doing good!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:22 AM
compound_goose

bah! duratrax plastic weak!?? i had loads of bumps bashes serious crashes flipped it about three times through the day and not one broken part! you make it sound like its made from cardboard......
Old 07-03-2006, 08:19 AM
cheech4

i second that, the only thing i broke in my BX was the toe blocks and that was my car went crazy reverse itself and full speed hit a brick wall. i have crashed and tumbled and flipped over my BX evader pro so many time i lost one of my shock settings, and this is on concrete and asphault. NO these evaders are tuff, its really up to the driver from braking things.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:37 PM
compound_goose

if your gonna crash its gonna break....if your a crap driver then it aint the car thats at fault is it!!
Old 07-03-2006, 02:41 PM
compound_goose

anyway, when i get better ill probably buy a 4wd so i can run both classes....either that or ill splash a bit of cash out and get an associated B4...preferabley the factory version if possible
Old 07-03-2006, 05:04 PM
compound_goose

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JConcepts-Larg...QQcmdZViewItem is it worthwhile getting one of theese? the wing on the evader is pretty small compared to the B4 wings that the other guys were running
Old 07-04-2006, 08:29 AM
fugaziiv

I don't want to bash the evader here, but its going to sound like it anyways, so here goes...
As far as people saying that the evader plastic and graphite are not weak, i'm sorry, but you are wrong. It is.
When you get your hands on some real Losi plastic or graphite, you'll understand.
All of a sudden you'll be doing really stoopid stuff with your car, and you'll be stunned at how tough it is.
This is what makes Diskgolfer's 'not evader' setup so hot.
I would like to point out that I believe for 99% of us, the XX design is more than competitive. You've gotta learn to drive fast before you can be fast.
Just my $.02
Old 07-04-2006, 11:49 AM
cheech4

yes it does sound like your bashing the evaders plastic or graghite, But you are intitled to your own opinion, we are in a free country. So keep your 2 cents to your self, JUST KIDDING, LOL ... but seriously i would like to put my 2 cents in... the only things i have broke in my evaders both the stadium and the buggy, are those stupid toe blocks and 1 servo on each. But everybody here in this forum knows the futaba servo that comes with the vaders are weak and those tow blocks are weak as well. Ever since i installed the toe brace not once have i broke a block since then. cant say the same for the buggy though. But as far as everything else on the ST and BX its been threw tumbles, flipps crashes and nothing else has broke. My opinion is if you bash but cant drive your going to break things. these cars like regular full scale cars, they rely on the driver to not make mistakes. If you are at full speed and clip a pole yes your going to break a toe block, Yes. If you are running hard and hit something while turning ur going to strip the servo, but thats with any plastic geared servo. Do the neccassary hop ups and your car is bullet proof. My ST right now is bullet proof, it has been running crashing flipping and still have not broke anything since the hop ups. My buggy i lost a setting on the shock towers cuz of how many times it scraped on concrete, But nothing else has broke besides the toe block. again do the neccassary hop ups and your good to go.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
raz54

Cheech is right. I haven't broke a part on my st pro in a long, long time and I sure don't baby it.

Hope all of you have a happy and safe 4th.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:39 AM
compound_goose

i just bought one of those co27 pro's from trinity and the difference!!! blimey.... so so much faster, better acellerating...id easily recoomend one! superb motor...

shall be racing next wednesday....ill post back on how i did this time out
Old 07-13-2006, 12:07 PM
cheech4

good luck buddy, keep us posted
Old 07-20-2006, 07:09 AM
compound_goose

got absolutely nowhere again, setup was completely out and i had slipper clutch problems... i need to get a new set of boots for her, that seems to be the problem- i got it about as good as i could with setup tweaks. then the motor wire came unsoldered after a shunt and that was that....

ill buy some fresh rubber and keep at it tho
Old 07-20-2006, 05:46 PM
cjg

ORIGINAL: One Bad Dude

ORIGINAL: Doahh

Driver is 75%
tires are 22%
Setup is 1%
car is the last 1%

Doahh I highly disagree.

Setup 1%???Yea right.Like I said before, if you have a car that cant jump, nor turn its useless.
I agree tires are very important....

Think of this....Your running side by side with another guy.You go into a sharp turn.Your car pushes and you get hung on the pipe.The guys you were battling with just got a good 6-10 seconds ahead of you along with 2nd 3rd 4th place.You get marshalled and you go into another turn and you slam the brakes to swing the rear end around and it spund too much and get hung on another pipe.....there goes 5th 6th and 7th place right by.See what im getting at???Guys that are running at 110% are taking their cars to the LIMITS.So as far as setup.On turn on the rear shocks may mean you dont push on the same turn lap after lap.

Now listen to this.Evaders are awsome cars for a entry level driver to learn to drive and get the basics of working on their equipment.Now when that Novice driver feels hes ready to move up to Sportsman or even Expert he cant hang becuase it takes him an extra 1 second to make a turn other guys are.10-15 ect laps go by and he sitting a lap down.Thats one turn.What about the rest of the track??

One more situation that applies directly to the Evader BX buggy.He starts the race and has the holeshot.Hes doing really good beating the B4s and BK2/BK1s.He makes one mistake and looses his wing.....Hes now loose a a goose.He has to go 1/4 speed threw every single turn so he doesnt get loose.I hardly ever see BX buggys finish races with those their wings..

I dont even want to go into how weak duratrax plastic is.One small nuge with another car and you shattter a arm.What now???You loose..

If you can win races against decent driver who have great cars with a evader/rusty,bandit ext.You get a decnt car you will beat them twice as bad.

I promiose you Doahh if you had a WELL SETUP MF2 you would shave soooo much time off your laps it would make your head spin.

My point of it all is, dont expect a 100$ to magicly change its shock, tie-rod geomatry and weight ditrubtion becuase you blinged it out.Get a beginner car, run the heck out of it and pass it down to some kid you see at the track every week watching the races and wishses he had a car.Factory driver did not become facotry driving duratrax..

As far a tires...If you dont have the perfect tires for the conditions you make up for in setup....

Soo that being said its more like

Driver 65%
Setup 20%
Tires 15%
Car 10%

=110% and that what it take to win races...

PS. 75+22+1+1=99

I can't resist weighing in and defending the BX name. It is true the Losi and Associated buggies are newer, more expensive technology, thus better overall. However, some of your charges are strange.

If people are losing their wings it is because they don't know the first thing about setup. All you need to do is bend a little on the wing supports and you practically can't tear them off - see my webpage for details. It is a 5 second fix.

The plastic the first couple of years out was bad. I am told they had a bad batch. I haven't broken any more parts on my bx in racing or bashing than on my Losi XXXT lately.

Suspension - actually isn't bad once you get the shocks setup right. Again, the newer brands have newer technology.

The BX is 5 -8 year old technology. A lot has changed. It doesn't mean they can't race and be competitive. I've passed my share of expensive kit buggies on the turns and straightaways.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:20 AM
shredder111

You evader/ bx bashers don't even get me started. I was so pissed when you guys bashed the evader last time I did an all out search on them and came up with a nuclear assault. Do not make me post this helpful information. Evaders/ Bx's are really good + strong cars and are just as race worthy as any other car, it's proven by many people. And those who are just bashing them because this is the wordwide net and yada, yada, please stay out of it. And what is up with this crappy graphite breaking posts? I had all my plastic parts break before graphite and I am tough on my cars when I bash.

So far I rest my case and 2 cents, Shredder111[>:]
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
cheech4

thanks buddy i agree with you 100%... the vaders are great cars... i have said this before and i will say it again treat your vader or any RC like you would a regular car. beat it up and things will break doesnt matter if its a losi, associated or hpi... know how to drive and avoid messing up and you will have lots of fun bashing and racing your evaders.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:13 AM
compound_goose

arrgh!! how do i get theese damn tyres off...if im going to go racing then i need to get some fullspikes on, tried freezing overnight and i cant get the crappy associated rubber off the front, suggestions??
Old 08-03-2006, 05:49 AM
compound_goose

ive tried soaking in nail varnish remover too. which solved the issue by melting the wheels to s&*%. hmm...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.