Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado xl

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:17 PM
jbauer12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado xl

can anyone tell me on the tornado xl's reomte what holds the wheel on or what would make the remote not retrack when turning forward. any sugg would be awsome
Old 06-02-2006, 04:42 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: tornado xl

Can you reword your question? I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

Eric W
Redcat Support
Old 06-02-2006, 04:51 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you not want your steering to return to center??
Old 06-02-2006, 08:10 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a broken spring or something <scratching head>[sm=idea.gif]
Old 06-02-2006, 08:16 PM
chubbysuncle

The wheel on your controller doesn't return to center or just the wheels on your car? please imform us!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:45 PM
jbauer12

what it is is that the controller was droped the steering wheel of the remote fell off. it almost looked like there was a screw that held the steering wheel on. i took the remote apart and removed the board and what i found was on the little plastic peice that the shaft rides on goes further than it should and snaps forward so know the steering stays, you have to somewhat force the steering wheel back so it will retract to center. and also the knobs to set the trim would not come off so i had to break them off to get in there which it also seems like that controller was built not to come apart. so if anyone has any used controllers laying around or i can get a new one for short money would love to buy another one
Old 07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
jackkpl

i did take my transmitter case apart and did not break anything. As for me it looks like u have really no technical sense. All trims etc are connected with detachable plugs to board so if u care to take them apart properly they will not be broken. As for your question there should be a spring inside that will force wheel to centre. Maybe some plastic know inside got broken and that's why it doesnt centre itself
Old 07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
jbauer12

well that is what i said inside my last post is that the plastic is "broken" inside the controller and the buttons would not come off even the guy at the hobby shop couldnt get it off and he did not want to break it so me as the owner broke them off. and not for nothing but i did take offense to u saying that i have no technical sense.