Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Any one heard of...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Any one heard of...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Marcham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one heard of...

RaidenTech.com

Any opinions?
Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Any one heard of...

If you do some searches you will find many people who are happy to get cheap products of questionable quality. You'll also find many people who have received defective or damaged products and have had great difficulty contacting raidentech to resolve the problem. If you're happy buying a product with virtually no support, poorly written instructions, and questionable quality, raidentech will meet your needs. However, don't be surprised if you need to do significant modifications to make it strong enough to fly or if the covering starts peeling off after a couple flights. Note that some of their planes have the CMP brand name. These do appear to be of better quality than the generic ones.

I have experience with several of the products they sell. I'll sum up my thoughts about them with one statement, "I won't make that mistake again".

Personally, I think raidentech's business model is bad for the US hobby industry and modeling in general. I'd prefer to support businesses that are run by people in the hobby who actively design, test, and service the products, and who stand behind what they sell.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:55 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chucks right, I bought the .40 trainer from them..it is a brick with zero dihedral, not a trainer..and when I got to the part about checking the CG...well the instructions said about 5mm from the leading edge..well I know thats wrong so I email them....they dont know, but they give me the addy of a guy who might ..he tells me its 3.5 inches back "approx"...they do have some neat stuff so it might be one of those hit or miss things as far as quality goes..."you get what you pay for".....Rog
Old 07-09-2006, 02:57 PM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

I'm not sure but I think Raiden Tech[:'(] may be the same company in Los Angeles that keeps changing their name everytime they run it into the mud. They just pick a new name & start up with the same old lousy, sleazy business practices. Like I said I am not certain but they have the same no quality junk on their website so I think it is them. The one thing that never changes regardless what name they are currently doing business under, is the inventory, & the lack of customer support. Run far, run fast!! Just from the things I've read about them in these & other forums is enough for me to know they'll never see a dime of my money!!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:22 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I have no complaints about Raidentech. I've only purchased one plane from them, a Start Evolution .40 trainer ARF for which I paid $38 plus s&h. The plane was missing the aileron control rods and the fuel tank stopper didn't fit, but I was able to work around those issues.

Raidentech doesn't make the plane, they're simply a reseller. That particular ARF is imported from Vietnam by a company called Selective R/C who distributes it here in the U.S. I decided it was easier to salvage some aileron rods off an old trainer I had and then to purchase a Sullivan fuel tank stopper at the local HobbyTown USA rather than trying to get replacement parts from Selective R/C. That was my choice, however, I never attempted to contact the distributor about my missing and defective parts.

Raidentech also resells CMPro ARFs, which are supposed to be very high quality. Raidentech's shipping and handling rates were reasonable, their service was prompt, and I got what I paid for. I have no complaints.

If you have a problem with something you buy from Raidentech, they'll likely tell you the same thing my local hobby store will tell you, "contact the manufacturer for warranty service."

It's quite likely that I will buy something from Raidentech again in the future.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:11 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Do yourself a favor and buy top-shelf merchandise, even if it means waiting a bit longer.

You will save yourself countless hours of frustration and regret. Everyone I know who has saved a few dollars on a plane, and engine or radio gear has come to the field more than once and either crashed or been grounded for the day due to inferior products/workmanship. (Not to mention their 'cheap' stuff ends up costing much more in the long run than if they had bought right in the first place).

I like to buy from Horizon, Tower, Chief, Troy-built, ChargerRC.com and a few others ( I like Temecula Valley Hobbies, my favorite LHS out of 6).

Not always, but in general at least; the top companies have achieved that status by providing good quality products and good customer service.