Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
TopSpeedToys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Hey Jas the Ace,

We have parts for the Hurricane from Redcat Racing, it's the same as the Bazooka here in the USA.
Do you use paypal?

The US Postal service will not do COD for international shipping. I beleive UPS does though.

If you PM me a full address and items you need, I can give you a quote on what it would cost to ship.

Items can be found here: http://www.topspeedtoys.com/94082-pg1-parts.html

Mark

Old 06-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Buggygovroom

If the bazooka's front dif box is the same as the redcats i would suggest calling kyosho customer service and order the upper and lower arms and c hubs for an MP 7.5. Its dirt cheap and you'll get them in a matter of days and its a simple straightforward swap. This would also leave you the option for aluminum upgrades if you start snapping plastic often.

Losing radio control after a jump sounds like your receiver's battery tray connector wiggled loose. Ive seen it happen a few times and it has also happened to me but it was very low receiver batteries not the loose connector. Failsafes won't work if your receiver batteries are dead. The soloution to that is a return spring on the carb that will hold it shut in the event your receiver batteries die.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:12 AM
saintlouis

i was just wondering how some people were able to put some images or photo how did you guys do that? i don't see any buttons to click for pasting photos around here
Old 07-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Popper252

You'll have to click the "post reply" button under the last post of the page. Then when the page loads just look for upload a file or something like that.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Buggygovroom

Heres my "redcat" now.. it started as one anyway. The only thing origional is the chassy

Motor: Sirio .27 monster big block w/turbo head.
Pipe: THS one piece Off-Road 1/8 Tuned Pipe
Quad Disk Brakes
Front, Center and Rear CVDs
Its a Kanai II as of now

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18951.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	486088   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44006.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	486089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95926.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	486090  
Old 07-03-2006, 01:26 AM
saintlouis

Thx Popper :-)

well, i have a tip for everyone using double A size batteries for their receivers: use two rubberband and strap it around the battery holders so your batteries won't come lose each time u run your buggies. i just broke a steering ballend and my frt right knuckle arm when those batteries came lose on an off-track terrain . (who knows it might happen to you) sigh..... the thing is.. i just put one rubberband maybe it was an old rubberband thats why it failed me :-( wwwaaahhh.... mommy! Hehe it's ok i got the whole broken parts replaced in just a while. i always keep spareparts for all the HOTPARTS of my buggies.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:51 AM
mozzzy_2000

Hey buggy that pretty much looks like an inferno through & through. Hey I found a massive cooling head for that engine and it fits the team infinity .27 very nicely. ridiculously cooler running but with all the performance and more. never cuts out now.
anyway its from Amercian CNC if you were wondering. A great addition to these big engines that run too hot.
cheers.

Ps. there's no way in hell I'd be putting a 27 in a 1:10 buggy, whoever it was with the suggestion! an 18 in one of those is so over powered to begin with I reckon a 27 will be eay to much. anyway I'd be interested to see how it all goes...
Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Buggygovroom

I'll post some vids of how the sirio performs either tomorrow or wednesday if anyone is curious. Had it out today zipping up and down the street like a screaming banshee
Old 07-04-2006, 01:18 AM
saintlouis

yeh i'm curious Boo, make it an hour video (juz kiddin) please include a high jump action or the highest your buggy can fly !
Old 07-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Buggygovroom

But I just rebuilt it
Old 07-05-2006, 12:37 PM
saintlouis

It's ok bug any will do, if you guys want some cool rc videos i got a link for you. i have collected snipers video. theyre good. here it is..

http://www.mypage.bluewin.ch/www.snv...p_videose.html

These videos are not about redcat but they are cool.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 AM
trevbart

Does anyone know if a Trinity monster head will fit onto the vertex .21 engines?
Old 07-10-2006, 12:43 PM
mozzzy_2000

Hey, don;t know if its the same as the cooling for the sirio monstor block but I have the sirio head on my .27 infinity. Not sure if its will fit a .21 though. You'll find though that most .21's are either 4 bolt or 6 bolt heads. Most commercially available cooling heads that are either 4 or 6 bolts will fit a 21 depending of course which configuration it has.
Running a slightly colder plug & higher nitro though will make an engine run cooler. Although once you run an engine in you should stick to that fuel from that point on. But yeah the big cooling heads work great.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Team Knowitall

This particular head mozzy's talking about won't fit the .21.

Unfortunately, American CNC is out of business right now:|
www.acncm.com

His (the owner's) wife apparently had some health problems and that's apparently why he sold so much stuff for so cheap.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:38 PM
saintlouis

THat's odd. i wish there's something we could do to help him. i feel so sorry for them. i wish her wife gets better soon. i just know her wife is someone special and has a good heart that's why he sacrifice his business for his wife's medical expenses :-(
Old 07-11-2006, 12:36 AM
mozzzy_2000

geez thats no good at all! website says he's back in business in July so I hope everything works out. Very pleasant guy to deal with too. Great cooling heads it has to be said and not to mention at great prices.

On a different note, although slightly away from redcat but I've been rebuilding my inferno 7.5 in recent weeks. Actually as there are many parts of the kyosho that fits the redcat, the same applies both ways. There's many redcat parts that fit the kyosho which makes repairs on the kyoshos an affordable task. Anyway I picked up a 2nd hand engine off ebay for just about $130USD. A RB WS7 thats done less than a gallon. Bloody hell this engine is dam fast. I've got it matched with a vantage racing carbon fibre tuned pipe and an ofna tcd and it screams like a banshee! thats putting it mildly too. I thought the infinity .27 was quick but the RB is frighteningly fast. The clutch it came with only needed new shoes but it still has so much compression you can;t move the flywheel by hand. Awesome engine for the price. There's seems to be quite a lot of these types of 2nd hand engines on ebay at the moment. Pretty good price compromise for the performance you get even though this model has been around for a number of years. Sure its not all shiny a new but of course that essentially has nothing to do with its performance. I'm so impressed I'm going to put something similar in the redcat i reckon. Gets my blood pumping thats for sure! stay tuned for that project..
Old 07-11-2006, 12:58 AM
redbull08

I just received my new rims and tires from nitrohouse and they are great! My buddy was watching TV when i was mounting them and he saw some car with spinners on it and asked when i was going to put some on there. He thinks he is funny but i told i was just to be a smart ass for a day. Do they even make spinner rims for the buggies? I saw some in the parts book they sent with the rims and tires but nothing for a buggy just the monster trucks. I would love to get some just so when he got home he could see it sitting there with some shiny rims on it. That www.nitrohouse.com has some great things on it but the only thing i did not get was some glue i forgot. But they are all mounted and ready to go but of course when i went to go take a picture my buddy took his camera with him on a trip. Will have pics up some time this week.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:24 AM
saintlouis

I think i'm gonna get one of those engines mozz, your words is a surething i can rely on. will you load up some of your buggy photos for us mozz?
Old 07-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Fla.Ryder

well i got a new motor for my losi XXX-NT. next is my himoto but i am only going to drive my losi. i have broke a lot on my losi but it hase been from driveing it on a BMX track. i have pretty much trashed my himoto in about 10 rides i dont know how but **** just happends. now my losi hase been beat on everday for about 3 month. now i ant trying to hate on himoto my himotos bad life might be form the cheap remote thay gave me and the ****ty brake in instructions our it could just be from being my first nitro rc car but my losi hase been good to me ne ways what is a good motor that will fit right on to my himoto torpeda 1/8 scale some thing that is easy to tune and is good in the heat cuz i live in FLA
Old 07-18-2006, 01:26 PM
zachanafien

hey redcat support, you should offer your metal upgrades in more colors then just purple, maybe you could use blue. just a thought.
does anyone know what the biggest cooling head is that will fit on my .18 engine.

thank you

zack
Old 07-18-2006, 06:11 PM
zachanafien

i have a problem, if i let my car sit their and idle it will die. does anyone know what is going wrong.i think my low speed needle is to lean should i richen it or is it the other way around. it would be much help.

zack
Old 07-18-2006, 06:44 PM
RoadBurner

Make sure air filter is clean, if so the idle mixture is to rich!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Buggygovroom

turn your throttle trim up a little if its your first start of the day and let it warm a bit. then check it. if its warmed up and spits a lot of gas then your to rich. if it just dies out then your on the lean side. Use the pinch test to figure out which you are.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:42 AM
mozzzy_2000

Hey saint louie I surely will post some pics. Its not entirely fitted out yet but almost there. Just need to get some decent torque bars and I'm waiting for a custom body to be completed. From the standard MP7.5 I tore it down and basically blinged it out bigtime. Along with the RB WS7 it now has carbon fibre all over it. All upgraded billet toe & suspension blocks, Billet diff mount, Billet lowered one pieced motor mount, Billet milled racing chassis, carbon fibre top end tuned racing pipe, replaced the steering servo with a hitec 615MG which has something like 10Kg of torque, billet front & rear wheel knuckles, new shocks, cv's and lastly (I think) I replaced the center diff with an Ofna torsen diff. Oh yeah add about 25 pairs of proline & medial pro wheels/tyres to that too(2nd handers of course! I aint that rich!). So basically its way way over Kanai specs now. But I'll probably have to upgrade the brakes too I'm now fast discovering. Did you know that you can put two sets of breaks on buggys? Might try that as the stopping power is incredible I am told. Why all the upgrades you ask? Well I reckon this will be a very competitive buggy & I plan to race it at some stage soon. The guys from my local hobby shop reckon its pretty dam fast and these guys are ex racers so thats a pretty good endorsement I reckon.

So basically its considerably lighter and leaves my .27 Redcat/himoto in its dust its so ridiculously fast. The torsen diff is incredible. If you have the dollars, I'd highly recommend one. Basically what happens when you have a normal diff is that when you accelerate or take a sharp corner for instance, the front wheels loose grip or lift off the ground. Under a normal diff, the power is lost on those wheels. With a torsen diff, when a wheel looses traction the power is transferred to the wheels on the ground. The whole effect basically keeps the buggy from spinning out of control. Don;t get me wrong, you can still pull uncontrolable donuts but the increased traction is incredible. Its very hard to spin the wheels but dam easy to crash into something going so quick!

But yeah the RB WS7 is dam fast. A very aggressive engine indeed and I thought the infinity .27 sounded awesome but you got hear one of these top line motors roar! First time I started it up, my heart just about lept out of my chest it was so powerful. Since its italian made like the novarossi's and sirios, and its done only about a gallon of fuel, its still very tight and still locks up on the starter box at times especially if the bump box starts to loose power. Thats unfortunately what these italian motors are like I am told but that is also their blessing as they remain tight gallon after gallon. I had it out today and went through about a litre of fuel and it was still getting stuck . As a comparison, my infinity .27 has done about 1.5 gallons and you can turn the fly wheel with your fingers whereas the RB will get stuck badly if you try.

But yeah I'd definately recommend it certainly if you can pick up a good second hander. Its a very pricey motor new (as all italian race engines) but I am told that they can go for over 10 gallons before a rebuild so if you compare that to a cheaper engine that may last half that, its not a bad investment in the end. I got this engine for about $130US whereas new they cost more than twice that, so if you can find one thats only done around a gallon, you're laughing! I see engines on Ebay everyday there's that many available so check it out & enoy!

Cheers!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:29 AM
mozzzy_2000

Zach, in regards to the idling, I believe most engines will idle(if correctly tuned) for about 10-15 secs before they bog down. This is when they sometimes cutout. Also you don't say how long it idles before cutting out. If its basically as soon as you start it, then its possibly too rich but if you're letting it idle for much longer than that before it cuts out its quite possible that its bogging down. If it cuts out as soon as you remove the plug igniter, then the plug is most likely the problem.
Also the alloy upgrades come in many colours. Have a look on Ebay under Himoto. I have Gold alloy parts on mine & it looks awesome. There's red, blue, purple & gold I believe. If Redcat are claiming they only have blue, they are telling fibs or quite possibly thats the only colour they have stock but there are defiinately different colours hey.
In regards to cooling heads, have a look at Nova Racing Heads or Kingheadz cooling heads. There's a few makers around. Google it & you find something. Now whether you can get a colling head for an .18 I don't know buts it quite possible. Mostly I see heads for .21's and bigger. I wouldn't have thought an .18 would over heat? I ran my .27 here in Australia almost everyday over summer, sometimes the temp would hit 40deg Cel. Thats way over 100F for you yanks. The .27 is designed to run at about 270F would you believe and in those extreme temps I found that it didn;t make much difference whether it was 32C or 40C which I found quite supprising. But I had the problem of it flaming out at these high temps so adding a massive new head dropped the temps down to around 190-200F which is pretty amazing. Now you can run tank after tank without it konking out.

Fla, in regards to engines, put in whatever you can afford hey. But you could go the way I did and buy a 2nd hand near new motor for less than half its original price. But it goes without saying that a top line race .21 will smoke a big block but having said that, the big blocks are much cheaper. It also depends if you plan to race or bash. If its just bashing around, get a big block but if you plan to race definately get a racing .21. There's not really a hell of lot of difference in performance to justify the price difference. There is a noticable difference but if you're bashing thats not going to be an issue. But as I stated in my last post, a top line motor will last a lot longer and may be cost effective in the end compared to a cheaper engine. I know for sure that after 1.5 gallons, the infinity .27 will need a rebuild after a few more gallons(if i choose to rebuild it that is). Although its performance is quite outstanding for the price. Actually the Orion Wasp .28 which is a more recent updated version of the infinity .27, is a 5 port, 2.85HP motor which new costs about the same as what I paid for my 2nd hand RB. But don't let the cheap price fool you, this .28 packs sh#t loads of power. So yeah there are many options to be had hey.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.