Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

TROUBLE SETTING UP ESC

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

TROUBLE SETTING UP ESC

Old 08-23-2006, 02:31 PM
PhysicsRider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TROUBLE SETTING UP ESC

I'm having trouble setting up my ESC. I have an Align 430L Brushless Motor, BL35G ESC on a T-Rex 450 XL and I'm using a Fataba 9Z transmitter. The instructions seem to be backwards and the ESC does not respond like it is stated in the instructions. The instructions give "USER MODE" before it gives you "Setup Mode." What is happening is that when I place the stick on my TX in the high position and then plug the battery to the ESC, the ESC goes into User mode confirming the setting status with their respective beeps. However the instructions say place the transmitter stick in the lowest position for this mode. If I then begin to nudge the stick downward the motor starts to turn. So then, I disconnect the battery from the ESC and place the stick in its lowest position. After I reconnect the batter to the ESC, it goes through a series of crescendos and that's it. Nothing else happens. If I begin to nudge the stick upward, the collective works perfect, but there is no action from the motor. The stick can be push all the way to its full position without any action from the motor. Once the stick reaches full position, the ESC starts to go into setup mode. But it will not go into setup mode if I place the battery to the ESC while the stick is already in the high position. What am I doing wrong? Or is there a misprint in the included instructions?
Old 08-23-2006, 03:42 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts
Default RE: TROUBLE SETTING UP ESC

Reverse your throttle channel in the transmitter.

Then you have to program the ESC
Old 08-23-2006, 04:17 PM
PhysicsRider

Ok, I have reversed the throttle and here's what happens: When I reconnect the battery to the ESC with the stick at full throttle, the ESC does some crescendos and that's it. It does not go through the setup mode. I can ease back on the stick and only the collective move downward. After disconnecting the battery from the ESC, I place the stick in the low position and reconnect the battery to the ESC. The ESC starts to emit a continuous beep. Nothing else happens.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:32 PM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

Look at this video, will answer all your questions (always easier to watch somebody do it)!

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...=esc_setup.wmv
Old 08-24-2006, 11:01 AM
rmuckley
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with HighSierra...the videos are great.