Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Regional Racers & Bashers
Reload this Page >

Hobbytown Racing Thread (Grand Blanc, MI)

Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Hobbytown Racing Thread (Grand Blanc, MI)

Old 08-28-2006, 04:43 PM
chaseman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbytown Racing Thread (Grand Blanc, MI)

Ok when it gets here I will put it in the bathroom and read it cover to cover. What i miss I will ask my buddies at the track for the quick version.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:35 PM
tamorley

Thanks to everyone who made our first day of racing a lot of fun on Saturday. I was a little disappointed when I realized we both couldn't race our TC4s because of a radio problem (it got fixed as soon as we got home.)

Sorry to the guy laying the timing wire - OOPS!! I felt like such an idiot!!!

I think everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong for Jon and I on our first day of racing. We had practiced quite a bit up here in Traverse City over the summer, but this was our first chance to actually race.

First Jon crashed right before the start of round one and broke a front arm. Then our motor (ebay special) fried during the second round. Then Jon broke a camber link a couple minutes before the third round, but we have gotten pretty good at replacing those.

I guess we will see you guys again sometime - not sure when, but the racing was fun, so we will be back.

Tim Morley
Topinabee (25 miles south of Macinaw)[]
Old 08-28-2006, 10:05 PM
chaseman81

Glad you guy's had fun Come on back anytime. My wife did the same thing broke an A-arm on her tc4 too. did it in pratice had time to fix it for her and get her out there. She did really good for her 1st time on the track. She needs some good batts and she should be in good shape.

Well glad you had fun and hope you two come back and race some more[8D]

Chaseman81[sm=punching.gif]
Old 08-30-2006, 03:37 AM
Banzai660r

Tamorley.........glad you guys had a good time. Once racing gets in your blood.............it's like a disease[sm=biggrin.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]. Oh, and make sure you flip that power switch around so on is facing toward the front[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Chaseman, I'm not sure what your looking to spend on batteries but I bought a two pack of Powerizer 3300mah stick packs off Ebay for something like $39 shipped. I used them in my Tamiya cars. They peaked out real good with the ICE and the voltage was sufficient. They're nothing like a good matched set but they'll provide plenty of punch and run time to get through a 5 minute race. Order up two sets and you'll have enough batteries to get through one day(remember NiMh should only be cycled a maximum of two times per day)

Hey fellas.........Look what I'm picking up today!!!!!

Supercharged Baby!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51610.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	515886  
Old 08-30-2006, 07:20 AM
chaseman81

Thanks Banazi. Hey what's that a new ride? Give us the details.....????
Oh by the way working again this weekend, so I won't be there Sat []
But the good news is, I will be able to afford some more r/c stuff.

Good racing boy's hopefully I will see you next weekend with the ice and the esc and new batt's

Go speedracer go speedracer GO....speedracer go! ( Banazi new tune lol)
Chaseman81[8D]
Old 08-31-2006, 03:43 AM
Banzai660r

Cobalt SS Supercharged[8D] 205hp, 200 ftlbs. 7000rpm redline. Available stage kits(from GM Performance) for up to 250+ hp at the wheels. Red with Ebony leather, 5 speed, XM radio with 7 speaker 228 watt sound, power everything, moon roof, 18" kicks with z-rated pierellis.
My first "new" car!![X(]
So far I'm preety happy, Al Serra was GREAT!!!! I got it out the door with extra warranty and paint/underbody protectant for over $2000 under sticker!!!

Gotta run,

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go speed racer, go speed racer, go speed racer goooooooooooo
Old 09-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Banzai660r

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEETTTS GET READY TO RUMMMMBBBLLLEEE!!!!! [sm=thumbs_up.gif] Another nice day ahead. A bit cloudy but I'll take it with 70 degrees.

I got a freebie this week. I sent the stock radio that came with my Warhead off to Hobby Services stating that I didn't like the quality and the little bit I used it, it glitched and lost signal. Guess what comes in the mail the other day?

[X(]A BRAND NEW Futaba 3PM computer radio (Tx/Rx}[X(] A $129 radio....FREE!!!! This is why I run more Duratrax cars than anyone at the track. They have the BEST customer service in the industry.

Well I hope I can handle DJ today without my wingman

Sell those sunglasses Chaseman[8D][8D]

Good Luck everybody

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:17 PM
chaseman81

Well Banzai how did you do without your wingman? Did it rain up here I had rain from 2PM on on sat. lmk
chaseman
Old 09-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Banzai660r

I did good Seven out of eight wins!! Dan beat me in the first monster truck qualifier. He's getting alot better. Well........he's got a good teacher I spanked him by four laps in the main though.[8D] I've been reading up on the Cobalt so sorry for the long wait.

On Rob's recommendation, I installed a Li-Po battery in the Mini-Quake for Grant today. All I can say is [X(]WOW !!!! [X(]What a difference just switching to Li-Po made. The truck is insanely quicker and much faster!! Forget what I told you about the batteries earlier........Spend the $$$ and get a Li-Po for that TC4. You won't regret it.......at all!!! Of course you get more voltage but the big advantage is they can supply higher ampereage for extended periods compared to Ni-cd or Nimh, there's little drop at full throttle. They also hold their charge for weeks on end and can be cycled limitless times per day. Absolutely NO memory effect either (even NiMhs develop cell memory) And they're much smaller and lighter!!!
Bonus all around!! The only thing to watch is you can't deeply discharge them. Once you notice a severe performance drop.......pull the car. You can't run them dead like the other battery types.
Well I've got to give the NTC3 and Warhead the once over and I should be ready for Saturday.............let's hope it doesn't rain.

You gonna make it???

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Banzai660r

Well..........we were rained out today Now we've got some extra time for wrenching..........

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:01 PM
chaseman81

SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS thats all I can say[&o][&o][&o]. Got the ICE WOW! Ok on the Li-PO's... What Li-PO's do I get?? For the TC4?? cell number and size?? type??
Chaseman81
[sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 09-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Banzai660r

Go to www.maxamps.com

You'll want a two cell 7.4 volt. These peak at 8.4 volts and hold that for a while. The higher the C rating the more amps its capable of discarching........go with 15 or 20C packs. The fancy Peak and Orion packs aren't necessary but they're worth the money. The ICE does a GREAT job of charging them. It monitors voltage and once 8.4 is reached it reduces the amperage to what the battery will accept and eventually stops high current charging and goes into a trickle mode until the battery is completely full.........then it stops. You can only charge Li-Po at 10% of it's rated capacity so regardless of capacity it takes 1hr. to charge them..........small or large. You'll notice this with your cell phone when fully dead........it takes 1hr. to fully charge.
I hope this helps.

Grant drove the Li-po'd Mini Quake for the first time the other day.............[X(]"Wow Dad, I'm gonna do some whoopin"............."It's ALOT faster" YES it is!!!.........

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 01:59 PM
chaseman81

Thanks Jeff, Thats cool to know . I have to get a new radio for the tc4 the darn thing just stopped rec or transmitting esc keeps beeping it does'nt have signal. but it works with other radio. if it's not one thing it's another....[>:]

just gonna get a futaba am (have lots of different chips for am)
Old 09-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Banzai660r

I've got an extra Duratrax radio I'll sell ya for $30. Comes with crystals etc. Make an offer............

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:37 PM
chaseman81

Hey what Mhz is it 27 or 75
Old 09-10-2006, 04:43 PM
chaseman81

Banazi send me a pic if you can of the radio I was thinking of the
Futaba 2PH 2-Channel AM/1 S3003 Servo $42.99 at HT But lets see the dura-trax
Old 09-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Banzai660r

It's 75mhz two channel. Made by Futaba. It's got trims and dual rate. Nothing fancy but it'll get the job done. It came out of my Mini Quake. I'll go $25 seeing as you can get the futaba for $41. It worked fine in the mini-quake.

I can meet you at Hobbytown tommarow around 1:00 if you want to pick it up.

LMK,

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:51 AM
chaseman81

Sounds good Banzai $25 at around 1:00pm today at HT post here today before 1:00 to let me know takes me about 1/2 hr to get there
Old 09-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Banzai660r

OK! I'll see ya there. I've got to take something back anyway. 1:00 @ Hobbytown I've got to leave there for work by 1:15 sooooooooo don't be late

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
chaseman81

cool i'll be there around 12:30 iT'S THE HOBBY SHOP
Old 09-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Banzai660r

How'd that radio work out???

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 09-12-2006, 11:42 PM
chaseman81

working good so far... Thanks Banzai
Old 09-14-2006, 01:50 PM
chaseman81

Rain rain go away.Don't come back till Monday. So we can race on Saturday
This is the racers prayer[8D]

Where is everybody??????????????
Chaseman81
Old 09-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Timmahh
Banned

hey all, im in Midland. have a CEN CT5 and a Tamiya TT-01 for onroad cars, and a couple tmaxxs for off roads. also got the HPI Baja 5B and a Bergonzoni Brave Compitition ( waiting for motor parts ). wish i would of run acrross this thread earlier this year. how much more racing is going to be going on at HT this year? i seen Bonzai and another were looking to go outlaw at some lots. this could be interesting. wont be able to go this Sat as i have a roof to redo and a porch/porch roof to build. maybe next weekend....

at any rate, i ll keep an eye over here now that i found it.
Timmahh
Old 09-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Banzai660r

I'm not sure how long the racing will go..........maybe Chaseman knows. I was assuming through the end of this month or next. Welcome to the group Feel free to talk about Anything r/c related in this thread. Drop one of those Tmaxxs in the dirt and throw on some Road rages.........bring it on

The weather is looking good for Saturday........might even have to bring the canopy[X(] I did a set-up and threw a new set of skins on the NTC3, the Warhead still needs the once over but I should be good to go. I've been tossing around breaking-in the Nitro Evader.......I should probobly run it before the weather turns

Chaseman.........did you get that Li-po yet?? Nahhhhhhhh, your not ready for that!!!LOL

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.