Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Quick DUMB question about 3D practice on RFG3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Quick DUMB question about 3D practice on RFG3

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
JustErik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick DUMB question about 3D practice on RFG3

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but hopefully someone here can help. I bought RF primarily to learn to fly 3D without crashing lots of planes. I'm starting with the harrier and am having a problem. First of all, I'm using the "Yak-54 - 3D Throws and Surfaces" because it seemed the most appropriate. I find that if I feed in enough elevator to maintain the proper AOA, the plane stalls and falls out of the harrier. If I add enough power to maintain the AOA, the plane climbs out. What's the secret to maintaining both the AOA and the same altitude? I've played around with the CG, both fore and aft, but shouldn't a "canned" 3D plane be properly set up already? Should I also try a lower pitch on the prop?

I suspect I just need to practice more, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I've gone through the virtual flight instruction video for the harrier but it didn't have anything to help.

By the way, I'm quite pleased with the sim itself and am sure I'll be using for more than just 3D practice.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Mudsurfer1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quick DUMB question about 3D practice on RFG3

have you tried the online multiplayer? I would be happy to teach you online, much easier, you can watch stick movements.

The plane will stall, you just have to correct. If the left wing drops, add some right aileron and a little right rudder. Right wing drops, add left aileron and left rudder.

You might have to work the elevator and throttle to keep the right AOA, one throttle and elevator position probobly wont work. It might on the sim, but in real life it's never perfectly dead calm.