Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

What servo's are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:47 PM
coony2787
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What servo's are you running?

JR 9000t steering
JR 9000s throttle

Hell , I dint think there was other servo;s than JR's [&:].

Chad
Old 10-28-2006, 07:55 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vti-chris

Are they all metal geared?
Do they have bushings on the case?
Do they have parts available IF needed?
Any play on the gears and arm after some use...?
The output is metal but I don't know if all the internal gears are metal.
Not sure what you mean by bushings on the case. If you mean internally than no, they are all ball bearing.
Parts are available.
So far no play on the output arm.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
PalmBayRC

JR 8800 on Both.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Kyosho1

I would suggest using JR servos. Similar to Kyosho, there quality is the best. They are backed with a 3 year guarantee and there customer service is the best in the industry. Check out www.horizonhobby.com for there selection of surface servos.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:09 AM
vikingen

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder

Here is a link to all the top servo models I have compiled:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4634335

I use a KO Propo PDS-2344FET for steering. Its one of their older ones now, but I am happy with it.

Best thing is that it has an all metal gear train except one plastic gear that will give out if you have a severe impact that the servo saver doesn't totally protect against. KO sells the plastic throwaway gear in packs of 3 for only 5 bucks! If you are desperate to have an all metal geartrain (if you are the monster truck bling-bling type or something) you can buy the gear in metal for 10 bucks too.
I have the same servo and the plastic gear stripped first run out after about 5mins []

Its in my new losi 8ight and I figure it stripped coz I had too much steering dialed in / hi point was too high

Any thoughts ? I've since ordered 2 packs of replacement gears in case it happens again... servo is back in the car and seems fine so far on the bench. Dialed down the steering considerably

Old 10-31-2006, 06:51 AM
JDRACING

I also run the JR 9000 servos. Theses are excellent servos and they have a 3 year warranty. You can't go wrong with these.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
kx250ryder

Either your servo saver is too tight/binding, you took a serious hit, or both. A good way to test the servo saver is to hold the servo linkage still with one hand and try to steer the wheels with the other. If you can't do it, then the servo saver needs to be adjusted.

The only reason that your throw would cause a problem is if the servo was trying to push further than the car can physically steer. If this is the case, adjust your endpoints until you see your steering lock visibly reduce. Then increase it to the back up to the point where the wheels don't turn any further.

ORIGINAL: vikingen

I have the same servo and the plastic gear stripped first run out after about 5mins []

Its in my new losi 8ight and I figure it stripped coz I had too much steering dialed in / hi point was too high

Any thoughts ? I've since ordered 2 packs of replacement gears in case it happens again... servo is back in the car and seems fine so far on the bench. Dialed down the steering considerably

Old 10-31-2006, 07:10 PM
vikingen

thanks... I'd say its the servo saver. will check how you suggested when I get home [8D]