Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Cheap video downlinks

Old 08-26-2006, 09:20 AM
reznikvova-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap video downlinks

Hi,
I am pleased to announce the opening of my new e-commerce site www.rangevideo.com

We used to be Tinywireless.com but have since switched domains.
Rangevideo has a full stock of Lawmate equipmnt including video transmitters, receivers, and high gain antennas.
Members of this board can receive $15.00 off of their orders.

All of our equipment operates on the 2.4ghz band. You must obtain a Ham license to legally use our transmitters in the US.

Thanks,
Vlad

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74885.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	513412  
Old 10-20-2006, 07:17 AM
antslake
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Cheap video downlinks

In the picture of your aerial setup. how are you connecting the reciever to the camcorder?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:11 PM
speedygonzales

ooooo send me a set up!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:18 PM
CRD
My Feedback: (5)

Just ordered the Digital Camera Preview System , to use ir with my kodak camera or my mini color CCD camera. I will review the quality
Old 11-03-2006, 03:53 PM
echobot

I bought a system from Tinywireless in 2004 and I'm still waiting for him to reply to my emails about the system NOT working.

Here is a link to look at: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_20...tm.htm#2184041

Old 11-03-2006, 06:05 PM
CRD

ORIGINAL: echobot

I bought a system from Tinywireless in 2004 and I'm still waiting for him to reply to my emails about the system NOT working.

Here is a link to look at: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_20...tm.htm#2184041

Well I paid via paypal with my credit card so it better work if not chargeback if my e-mails are not answered, you bought the 2.4ghz system or the 900mhz-1200mhz system?
Old 11-03-2006, 07:37 PM
lvspark

His equipment and business sense has changed since 2004.

I have ordered 2 units from him and both were good deals and both shipped quickly and both lawmate sets worked good.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:06 PM
echobot

ORIGINAL: lvspark

His equipment and business sense has changed since 2004.

I have ordered 2 units from him and both were good deals and both shipped quickly and both lawmate sets worked good.
He may have changed since 2004, but I'm still out the $60.00 I paid him for a non working item, and he made NO attempt to make it right.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:27 AM
nikivan

I am pleased to announce the opening of my new e-commerce site www.rangevideo.com
It looks like your site could benefit from a bit better template. I can custom build one for you, see my recent update to http://aerialphotoimage.com

Please PM me if you are interested.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:45 AM
lvspark

ORIGINAL: echobot
He may have changed since 2004, but I'm still out the $60.00 I paid him for a non working item, and he made NO attempt to make it right.
Sorry it did not work out for you but sounds like it did work, but not well during high frequency vibration conditions.
ORIGINAL: echobot 39 months ago
The picture looks fine until I bring my throttle up and then the picture is very wavy and has lots of ststic lines through the picture.
Sounds like your 1.2ghz unit might have had a loose component or case.

So many times I have tried to save a few bucks and got "what I paid for". I know how you feel. Tinywireless did have some problems but Rangevideo has been doing a pretty good job, active and helpful on the forums, and using top notch Lawmate equipment. When I purchase Lawmate, I purchase the OEM product, and if it's out of box, bad, I expect a replacement from the distributor, but anything further than that, is my own problem. If the video tx module works, it does. If it goes in a plane, and then has problems, I understand the OEM product was not intended to be put in an RC plane and I have to deal with the issues myself. It is good and nice to get support from the distributor, but not required IMO.
I buy from Rangevideo for their low price, not for their support.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:38 AM
echobot

If it goes in a plane, and then has problems, I understand the OEM product was not intended to be put in an RC plane and I have to deal with the issues myself. It is good and nice to get support from the distributor, but not required IMO.
Then these videos systems shouldn't be sold as aerial video systems.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
lvspark

I can understand your frustration when it happened, but to keep bringing it up 39 months later when equipment has changed, business practices have changed, etc.. ????????

HEY EVERYONE! ECHOBOT GOT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM TINYWIRELESS 3 1/2 YEARS AGO AND HE IS STILL MAD SO DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM TINYWIRELESS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF JERKS!

There it's out in the open now, can we move on??

CRD, get your rangevideo equipment yet, and if so how does it work?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
CRD

not yet, I pay this late last week, I should receive the goods this week.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
echobot

ORIGINAL: lvspark

I can understand your frustration when it happened, but to keep bringing it up 39 months later when equipment has changed, business practices have changed, etc.. ????????

HEY EVERYONE! ECHOBOT GOT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM TINYWIRELESS 3 1/2 YEARS AGO AND HE IS STILL MAD SO DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM TINYWIRELESS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF JERKS!

There it's out in the open now, can we move on??

CRD, get your rangevideo equipment yet, and if so how does it work?
Your right lvspark, I do get mad when people rip me off.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:32 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

I bought something from Range Video, he shipped quickly and it was top quality Lawmate equipment....

For the guy that had vibration problems, guess what, even though something is sold as "Aerial Video equipment" , there is NO WAY the seller can tell how much vibration the equipment will be exposed to on all the different airplanes. Even JR and Futaba RC gear is soft mounted, or recommended to be mounted in foam. What were you thinking Echobot ??? There will ALWAYS be problems putting transmitters and cameras on different model airplanes, you should be adult enough to realize that. Range Video's profit on a 60 dollar item would be what, maybe 10 bucks, but you want hours of technical service for that ? Man, you are one of those guys that are never happy with anything.

I bought a 450 dollar lawmate transmitter for my UAV, and had vibration problems... I had to adapt it to work in my application, simple as that. Echobot , If you expect everything to be done for you and every problem to be solved right out of the box, then DO NOT DO ANY TYPE OF Aerial fotography..... For you will NEVER BE SATISFIED.

If venders spent hours solving problems for people, and led them around by the hand for every 60 dollar item they sold, NO ONE would be in business...

Range Video is OK in my experience and I would buy from them again.

JettPilot
Old 11-09-2006, 11:36 PM
JettPilot

Wrong button [sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 11-10-2006, 09:12 AM
echobot

I never asked for hours of customer service. I asked for a product that works. I have purchased aerial systems from other vendors and have been very happy.

Jetpiolt, get the whole story before you make accusations.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:58 PM
aviatordave

CRD,

Are you going to use a 2 cell lipo for power on the xmtr? When you get a chance, show us your set up. I'm pretty close to ordering one of these myself......thanks

-Dave

BTW - I only heard good things about rangevideo, and lawmate from what I have read it is top notch.....how can you go wrong? the price is right compared to others. [8D]
Old 11-11-2006, 09:44 AM
CRD

ORIGINAL: aviatordave

CRD,

Are you going to use a 2 cell lipo for power on the xmtr? When you get a chance, show us your set up. I'm pretty close to ordering one of these myself......thanks

-Dave

BTW - I only heard good things about rangevideo, and lawmate from what I have read it is top notch.....how can you go wrong? the price is right compared to others. [8D]

I got the system yesterday I haven't tested. I will use it with a 7.2V Ni-MH 650mAh battery pack that it should work perfectly for testing, I also have a 4 channel 2.4ghz Color baby monitor with modifed antenna to see if the signal is compatible. Plus the camera is a CCD wich came with the baby monitor and runs on 2 AA bateries, at first I though it was a CMOS camera but compared to my other 5 CMOS cameras this one is very sharp.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:11 AM
reznikvova-RCU

ORIGINAL: CRD

CRD,

-Dave

I got the system yesterday I haven't tested. I will use it with a 7.2V Ni-MH 650mAh battery pack that it should work perfectly for testing, I also have a 4 channel 2.4ghz Color baby monitor with modifed antenna to see if the signal is compatible. Plus the camera is a CCD wich came with the baby monitor and runs on 2 AA bateries, at first I though it was a CMOS camera but compared to my other 5 CMOS cameras this one is very sharp.
Please make sure the battery does not come off "hot"(7.4V+) off of the charger.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:56 PM
JettPilot

Reznikovova is correct. It is very easy to burn up a camera with overvoltage. They usually have tolerances of 10 %, which is half a volt at 5 volts. I am not sure what you have, but IF its a 5 volt camera, you will surely burn it up very quickly with 7.4 volts.

JettPilot
Old 11-11-2006, 10:39 PM
CRD

ORIGINAL: reznikvova-RCU

ORIGINAL: CRD

CRD,

-Dave

Please make sure the battery does not come off "hot"(7.4V+) off of the charger.
I decided to use a (5) or (6) AA 1.2v NiMH 2100mah Energizer rechargable batteries for the transmitter, the quantity of batteries depends on the voltage I get once fully charged, I don't whant to burn the transmitter, and I will be using one of my old CMOS cameras with a 9volts battery for now.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:54 PM
CRD

Just tested the video transmitter with a 4.8volts battery pack from my motorola GRMS radio. and for the receiver I used my baby monitor on ch 1, and worked perfecly.

Here is a pic of the setup. Video source Little Man DVD, Transmitter Range Video 500mw, Receiver Home Depot 2.4ghz color baby monitor.
I'm working on a better antenna for the baby monitor.

The white dots on the LCD screen on the baby monitor is dust not static.
so far it worked perfectly 25feet away, haven't tested farther.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:28 PM
CRD

Hey reznikvova-RCU like I asked you on the PM's , I want to add the CCD camera that you sell. I removed the white shrink plastic and the black shrink plastic from the transmitter. I can see a 4 wire connector coming out of the transmitter with only 3 wires. Is this transmitter capable of transmitting audio just like the one you use for aerial setup with mic? If so, I whant to buy the missing parts, I whant to add the CCD camera and mic just like you have it here. let me know what I need to do it so I can buy it right now (remenber my $15 off that you mentioned on the first post hehe :-). Also would you sell me the black and white shrink plastic to put it back after I made the mod?

Thanks in advance

This is whant I whant now

This is what I have now (PS: I know I voided warranty if was any , by removing the plastics) so far is working perfectly.

Reply me ASAP I whant to try this system with my 4ch Helicopter.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:53 PM
reznikvova-RCU

I emailed the reply.
Thanks,
Vova

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.