Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Lightning Stadium Pro vs. X1-CRT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Lightning Stadium Pro vs. X1-CRT

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:34 AM
delmage171

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightning Stadium Pro vs. X1-CRT

I think i've narrowed it down to these 2 from hot bodies and ofna.

Which would be the best to buy...im seeing that the X1-CRT may be a little more expensive from some places..

Also, which has the best parts,

which handles the best..

any other information helping me decide would be awesome.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:18 PM
victionone

Default RE: Lightning Stadium Pro vs. X1-CRT

If these are your only two choices, then get the CRT. I own both truggies and the CRT is a better hands down.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
delmage171

ORIGINAL: victionone

If these are your only two choices, then get the CRT. I own both truggies and the CRT is a better hands down.
These dont have to be my only 2 choices, are there any other brands/models that are better for the $400-500 price range..or so..
Old 10-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Veejay

For that price range id definately go with the CRT, very nice truggy for the price
Old 10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
T I G

I went through the same thing about 3 months ago. I bought a CRT, dropped a Picco FT .28 and my Spektrum electronics and off I went.
Kyoshos Truggy is nice to, a bit less $$$$. I was stuck on the CRT, I read every review in every magazine. There was not one bad thing said about the CRT. There was also a Truggy Shoot-Out in another Mag (dont remember what Mag, I still have it somewhere), the Kyosho won by a very small margin, I think it was more based on price than anything (dont quote me on that).

Good Luck
Old 10-20-2006, 10:34 PM
victionone

Then definitely get the Mugen MX5T. Cost less and has better features than the CRT. I've been tempted to make the switch myself...
Old 10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
noximus

Mugen MBX5T hands down!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:13 AM
delmage171

Then definitely get the Mugen MX5T. Cost less and has better features than the CRT. I've been tempted to make the switch myself...
where is the cheapest place to buy the Mugen? i've seen the CRT for $480, new in box on ebay...

does the mugen have a RTR kit?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:21 PM
RcRacer37E

I have both, the jammin and hot bodies. The lsp I broke the rear suspension holder 3 times before upgrading to the king headz. The jammin I broke 2 rear a arms in the same day, both the left side, cant upgrade those.
The lsp is damn near bullet proof. The jammin turns much better.Im running the ninja .21 engine in both and the jammin out performs the lsp, but the lsp is more forgiving.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: delmage171

where is the cheapest place to buy the Mugen? i've seen the CRT for $480, new in box on ebay...

does the mugen have a RTR kit?
mugen does not have a rtr kit for the MBX5T.

it comes in two kit versions, one is the standard kit, the other is the prospec kit. standard kit runs around 439 to 455, prospec around 575 to 600 depending on area.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:01 PM
power1638

dude im looking into buying my 1 st truugy,,,,i want to a good rtr kit thats fast and durable at my local track ,,,,i want to kick ass with those running pro kits,,, what is my best option....is it the jammin x1 crt or the losi muggy or the losi 8eight t or the ofna mutilator,,,,,please help ,,any info would be nice
Old 11-23-2006, 12:27 PM
ArcticCat500

I do this often...it may be your best bet...Im working with this Bro now n putting one togather for me...You gotta look at truggyracers.com in the Tazer link,theres a ton of happy racers & bashers alike that this Dudes made Truggy's for.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4688798/tm.htm
Old 11-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Tracy Abshire

I have a brand new lighting stadium pro and a used one for sale.the new one is a rtr,it brought a wing and side skirts for it .The other one has racers edge nuckles,racers edge toe plate,and other parts also.I also have a lot of new parts that will go.I will sale all together or will sale seprate.Im asking $600 for every thing.if anyone has any questions they can email me [email protected].
Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Tracy Abshire

Here are some pi

cs if anyone is intrested.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88307.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	568443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21479.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	568444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45357.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	568445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36095.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	568446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny25853.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	568447  
Old 11-29-2006, 06:15 PM
bhinton

do not leave out the hellfire it is the lsp revised for the most part.. Hpi and hotbodies are as one. I would get the kit and then go from there.. I run with a few cars and I have left the lsp in my dust many times as long as I do not try to hard.. LOL
Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Tracy Abshire

I ran the lighting for a year and half.I loved the truck,i won many of races with it .I beat jammins ,kyoshos,and also walked the dog s---- out of a poofire.The poofire is crap.it cant make it around the track without breaking or falling apart.If you want a really bad ass truck spend the money and buy a MUGEN MBX5T.It is by far the best truggy on the market.This is my two cents.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:49 PM
RC Mechanic

the X1-crt is the best one as I as well own both and a sportwerks mayhem st which has weak parts and takes more than others to tune suspension and steering wise. It takes more tuning in order to make it handle close to the Jammin but best bet is to find a good pro crt and I have a friend that is selling a brand new in plastic hyper 21 8 port which is better than the force 28 that comes with the rtr jammin for 125.00. have friends selling their decked out crt's for 250.00 with extra parts and tires just add your remote if you have one and servos with this engine and you have a pro cheaper than the rtr. the rtr has one neccessary upgrade to keep from bending the chassis and the only real downfall of the kit and that would be needs machined hardened chassis braces instead of plastic ones in the kit. why would they do this boggles my mind so good luck with whichever you buy
Old 11-29-2006, 11:51 PM
chefboyrd

Tracy,
I noticed on your older Hot Bodies you have the large hex nut on the wheels. It originally did not come that way...correct? How did you convert it over. Also where did you get the side skirts for your new truggy?
-Chef
Old 11-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Tracy Abshire

I used mayhem stub to get the 8mm axels and the 23mm are made by cen.I had to machine them so they would fit.The side skirts are for ofna buggy.You can use any buggy shirt all you have to is drill the hole to mount them.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 AM
RC Mechanic

never worked on a truggy more than the mbx5t as far as suspension as you have to run it a little loose in order to get as much steering as Jammin and Kyosho. it does not handle as well as either of these two out of the box without a few hot steering tips for ball suspensions. they are always in need of adjustment if you race as they wear faster than others with c-hubs and tend to always be a little on the sloppy side which is good and bad but the hot bodies is similar to the H-fire as it is HPI's sister company as they market the truck for hot bodies and design cues as far as parts if you look closely at the two. either way you go you will be happy as it is fun to race truggy class and bang wheels with other Core off-roaders I mean truggy off-roaders. if you don't mind pillow ball suspensions the mbx5t is a great truggy and is capable of beating others with the right driver/mechanic behind it. good luck
Old 11-30-2006, 12:06 AM
RC Mechanic

no matter what truggy rtr you get make sure when you bring it to the track you have at least changed the big bumper to the buggy bumper as if you start to nose dive the big bumper won't dig in and flip you over. the little bumper alows you to drive out of it and continue racing with just a little bobble which could mean winning or loosing the race so good luck