Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

40 Rascal covering

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

40 Rascal covering

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Beagle RC Air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 Rascal covering

Need some help looking for a source for covering on my red and white Sig Rascal 40. The white covering is very close to monocote white. The translucent red is supposes to be Oracote but not to sure of that. Anyone out there that has purchased the red covering?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:06 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 40 Rascal covering

If it is Oracover, look at Hangar-9 Ultrcoat, they are the same covering. If it is Sig Aerokote, Sig has it available.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 PM
airforced

PREMIUM ORACOVER POLYESTER!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 PM
airforced

Just use ultracoat, its more widely availible, colors match almost too well... and good to work with.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:33 AM
ChuckW

I'm pretty sure Ultracoat is Oracover; it sometimes had Oracover printed all over the backing.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:50 AM
Beagle RC Air

Thank you gentlemen!
Old 12-02-2006, 02:02 AM
ChuckW

How do you like the Rascal .40? I've always liked the looks of that plane. I had an opportunity to get an excellent deal on one new in the box at a club swap meat but I walked away to think aboutit for a minute and somebody else took it. I guess that's what you get for thinking too much. I may still order one though.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Beagle RC Air

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

How do you like the Rascal .40? I've always liked the looks of that plane. I had an opportunity to get an excellent deal on one new in the box at a club swap meat but I walked away to think aboutit for a minute and somebody else took it. I guess that's what you get for thinking too much. I may still order one though.
ChuckW, The Rascal 40 is a fun plane to fly. I was reluctant to fly it in strong winds but now find that to be non issue since it will get to the ground real quick instead of floating if it has a good head wind. The Saito 56 is crowded and the throttle link was a bear to sort thru. I ended up bending the throttle wire at a near 90 degrees and ran it thru a servo arm trunion without the screw. This provides postive connection and no binding. Other issues, covering on the translucent wing panels and fuse needed to be sealed down with heat. I use Weldbond applied with small syringe to further seal covering joints. I feel the tailfeathers need a lot of attention to make sure they stay on. Worth the extra effort to make this a dependable and fun airplane.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:29 AM
d-dog

Tower Hobby stocks the replacement covering: LXJAT5 Sig AeroKote Transparent Red 2 Meter.