Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Offical nitro tc3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:38 PM
bennyblanco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

whats the best tuned pipe i can get for my tc3? and have you ever heard about mielke tuned pipes?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:47 AM
KaZaaV2

Looking at this here, I'm gonna comment on a few things. With regards to the second not shifting, the spring setting isn't the only thing. If the front diff is going, you would notice that you don't hear the shifting as much and when it's gone completely you won't hear a thing. Also, if some gas or oil or anyliquid for that matter got into that hub that houses the transmission you can bet your second won't shift. Your transmission works the same as your clutch basically so if somethign got up in there, the shoes won't "bite" against the housing and the second won't shift even though the RPMs are close to the engine peaking out... it would just keep slipping. Engines? Well I personally don't think you can go wrong with the LRP Z.12R spec 2. That engine is sooo consistant and it beats the clothes off even big block engines. I have one of these engines and tuning in a sinch. Get some heat sink mounts and that combines with the engine's big head keeps the engine amazingly cool. The engine goes back to room temp considerably faster that most of (if not all) and other engines I run against. Pipes? I have an RD Logics on the LRP and a Factory Team on my Nova S.12. I have tried them both on on both engines and on both of my cars and I think the RD has the better performance... but not by too much though. The RD however was like double the price so you decide. Yeah I also picked up on his gearing Igotntc3andrevo, I was like "??". It may be possible though, 'cause I have a friend who runs a 4 and 5 difference on his Yokomo and doesn't strip gears as often but I wouldn't try that one though guys... sounds a lil too risky for me. Thats it for now, I'm going to try and upload my pics in this and the other NTC-3 PLUS!!! forum like I had promised before. I really haven't logged into R C Universe for a while, but I'm back. Happy racing guys [8D]
Old 12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
[]TEX[]

What's up with the NTC3 tires and why do they suck so bad? I bought a set of the NTC3 tires from AE and ran them to the foam in one day at the track. I figured tire for a nitro car would last longer than that eh?

Thanks,
FT TC4 owner
Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 AM
KaZaaV2

Those are cheap tires, I think that was the first part I ever changed along with the filter. I use them more as show tires than anything else. I guess it was a quick fit on to just ship out their car, mine didn't even come with inserts I think. Between me and you, I use GRP Arrows foam tires, 26mm on the front and 30mm on the back and trust me when I say the hook up ANYWHERE!!! I've been using them since the Caribbean R/C Championships in Barbados last June and I run every week and they are still good. No chipping up or anything signs of wear. Try 'em out.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:48 AM
[]TEX[]

Sounds good, I am curectly using HPI pro series X-Patterns. They seem to hold up well and get some good grip at my local track.

I'll try out those tires when these go down.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
bennyblanco

for racing the foam tires are the best!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
[]TEX[]

ORIGINAL: savage.27

for racing the foam tires are the best!
Ya, I've noticed the foams are a bit stickier...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:35 AM
KaZaaV2

I hate HPI foams with a passion!!! They chip and wear out way too easily for my money. POWER TO GRP!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:42 AM
[]TEX[]

ORIGINAL: KaZaaV2

I hate HPI foams with a passion!!! They chip and wear out way too easily for my money. POWER TO GRP!!!
Nobody said anything about HPI foams...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
KaZaaV2

LOL, I know, it's just an extention to what I was saying earlier.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
[]TEX[]

LOL, I know, it's just an extention to what I was saying earlier.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:28 PM
teamassociated77

need to know how to set up engine so the gears dont mesh and strip is there an easy way of doing this??
Old 12-04-2006, 05:40 PM
[]TEX[]

ORIGINAL: teamassociated77

need to know how to set up engine so the gears dont mesh and strip is there an easy way of doing this??
Loosen the motor mount enough to slide the motor to the spur, rip a small peice of paper and put it between the gears. Push the motor so that the gears mesh up with the paper in the gears. Tighten and then remove the paper. You should just have a small amount of free play, but not more than a needle could poke through. It shouldn't be completely tight meshed either or you have horrible binding issues.

It's more of a trial and error, but if you keep them close together and always keep an eye on them you'll be fine.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:51 PM
raptorddd
My Feedback: (1)

lorfer i havent had any time to test them yet a friend gave me his ntc3 i had to get some tires and a few parts and a 2nd hand engine just to play around at home . but i think that it will accelerate faster this is what i did i sanded the 3 clutch shoes from the side that faces the pilot nut and added a piece of gasket paper for real cars inside the clutch bell so that it grips that instead of the metal.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
raptorddd

i use to have a thunder tiger raptor 60 they use a clutch lining inside the clutch bell i will add one to my ntc3 and see what happens. i was thinking of using aluminum clutch shoes my savage 4.6 was sliping with plastic stock shoes i have used the savage shoes on the ntc3
Old 12-05-2006, 08:55 AM
losfer

Hey guys,

IΒ΄d like to know how can I pull out my flywheel, IΒ΄ve bought a 3-shoes one but donΒ΄t know how to take out my old one. Those clutch springs that hold the shoes are too tight. Do I need a special tool to take it out?

And another question, what spur/pinion gear config do you guys recommend for a short track? I want more acceleration and less final speed.

Thanks for all
Old 12-05-2006, 09:07 AM
flynvy5
My Feedback: (2)

the best way to get the springs off the clutch is with a small flatblade screwdriver gearing for a small or tight track i like to use my single speed don't remember the gearing will have to look
Old 12-05-2006, 12:35 PM
KaZaaV2

I hink the stock ratio is the softest you can get. How short of a short track are you running on anyway?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Racing T

does the foam tires work at a parking lot, or they are just for prepared surfaces?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:58 PM
[]TEX[]

ORIGINAL: Racing T

does the foam tires work at a parking lot, or they are just for prepared surfaces?
They'll be good at the parking lot too. Just have to mess around with the shore to figure out what sticks the best.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:35 PM
flynvy5
My Feedback: (2)

foam tires chunk very easly you may want to stick to rubber unless your racing
Old 12-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Racing T

I will have my ntc3 plus for chrismas, and I was thinking of racing it on my LHS parking lot, they set up a track every sunday and I am going to race mine in the novice class, so is not serius racing only for fun, what is shore?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:16 PM
losfer

I hink the stock ratio is the softest you can get. How short of a short track are you running on anyway?
it's a parking lot 23 x 48 yards. The longest part mesures 48 yards. I guess if I change my gear ratio, I'll get stronger acceleration. The track has 1 long 180ΒΊ curve, 3 sharp 180ΒΊ curves, and 3 smooth 90ΒΊ.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
losfer

Here's a picture of the track http://www.ibcb.org/5_etapa.jpg. The straight part on the left is the longest one with 48 yards. But as you can see, the middle part has a lot of corners to pass.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:07 PM
raptorddd

losfer i tried the 3 shoe clutch bell in my opinion i saw a bit of difference it was at night and pretty cold the colder it got the track felt slippery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.