Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkflyers.com GEE BEE RTF 3D

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:29 PM
rbushman3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkflyers.com GEE BEE RTF 3D

Can't seem to find much info on here about this plane?? Any personal experience with it anyone?
850 Kv Brushless motor, 7.4v 1800mAh Lipo battery, sensorless 18 amp speed control, "state of the art electronics"

http://parkflyers.com/html/body_gee_bee_3d.html

Looks like it has potential!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48016.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	345139  
Old 11-12-2005, 12:26 AM
rbushman3

Default RE: Parkflyers.com GEE BEE RTF 3D

Anybody ever flow this plane?? Anyone??

P.S....0 responses in 15 days, maybe I should run away from this plane?

http://www.parkflyers.com/html/body_56k1.html
Old 11-12-2005, 02:33 PM
skydivera1

I don't think people are flying it yet. I am also interested in 1st hand info, but have found none. I think people would tell us if it was really bad. People on this sight seem prety "open" with their opinions.
James
Old 11-12-2005, 08:01 PM
netdudeuk

I've asked the same question. This can be bought for ÂŁ125 all in - an apparent bargain ! Looks tempting when compared with the price for a E-Flite Yak 54F setup !

I've even e-mailed PF for more information / links to reviews / videos / etc but not got anything back. Why don't you guys wire me half of the money each, I'll buy one and then give you the first hand info that you are looking for ? :-)
Old 11-12-2005, 08:41 PM
bil2
My Feedback: (5)

Got awfully quiet in here.....
Old 11-13-2005, 11:06 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

I've only heard of one person who purchased one.
I forget what small change he had to make to it for it to fly well but, as I recall, he really liked it.
I looked all over these forums to find those comments, but can't find it at this time.

Just call Marc at Parkflyers.com. Maybe he can let you have one for a very low price just to get it out there for comments, etc.

Frankly, I would rather have the Parkflyers Typhoon for the same price. But that's just me.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:26 AM
GravityTester
My Feedback: (25)

I have the plane. it flies very nice. lots of power. flies and hovers great. hovers with plenty of pull out power. I'm on my 2nd airframe after one too many dumb thums. I'm diffently pleased with mine and would recomend it.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:41 PM
bil2

Also , look at hobbypeople.net. re Phase 3 Foamies, if yr not needing an RTF. They've got (in the catalog, so I'm sure its there for the asking) 4 different foamies for $29 each, and for $10 more get a brushless motor with it. What a deal, if you're lookin' to 3-D and have some of yr own gear. Bil
Old 11-29-2005, 08:09 AM
netdudeuk

How much throttle do you use if you hand launch it ?

Does it fly pretty slowly ?

I've seen the model and it looks rather flimsy. But, for the price you do seem to get a lot for the money. How easy was it to damage it and is it suitable for reinforcement (eg. packing tape) and repair ?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2005, 01:44 PM
AliB

also interested to know what this plane is liek
Old 01-09-2006, 06:49 PM
spiderman82199

would like info as well
Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 AM
GravityTester
My Feedback: (25)

I don't know if you guys are still even wondering about the GEEBEE.
As for the hand launching question I would usually use almost full power and watch it rocket out of my hand but it could proly be down closer to half to 3/4 for a nice quiet lanch. I just recently put the entire radio system into a different plane. I crashed the my last geebee when I lost it in the sun. My only complaint about the radio system is that it doesn't have servo reversing on the radio. I still think the plane is a great deal and I'm glad that I bought it. I could get 15 minutes out of a full charge.
GT
Old 01-10-2006, 02:37 PM
bil2

If you bought it from Parkflyers(?) they say the servo reversers are UNDER their name on the front. You have to peel it off. Not sure why, except heard they HAD to get their name on there. Bil
Old 01-19-2006, 03:01 PM
david5272

which battery charger would you recommed to upgrade to if you plan to purchase this plane and get another battery but do not want to wait the 90mins it takes to charge using the included charger?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:09 PM
bil2

I've got a Vision Peak Ultra, good for lipo, nimh, nicad. Has a screen that shows several functions (charging amps, peak volts, full volts, time of charging, etc.) You can set charging rates from 0.5 amp to 5.0 amps. AC/DC for home 7 field use. $82 - $89. I love mine. Bil
Old 02-26-2006, 10:43 AM
spiderman82199

any updates on this plane as to its quality and such
Old 02-26-2006, 05:53 PM
netdudeuk

This model does not seem to have caught the imagination of many people. There is very little about it mentioned around here.

Looking at what you get for the money (without the TX, etc), the plug and play Typhoon seems to be a better deal. Others who have seen them both may disagree though !
Old 02-27-2006, 08:52 AM
jonybravo

iv been flying the geebee for the past 3 months or so ,its a gem,plenty of power u can slow to a crawl for landing or just cut the throttle and land almost verticaly with full up elevator ,i didnt like the radio so just purchased the airframe ,iv flown it with futaba single stick on elevator and ail setup the only downside is the week landing gear attachment it wont survive a hard landing ,i ripped of my landing gears on the first flight, came in too fast ,after some minor repairs its still flying ,the motor n speed controller r good aswell infact i purchased an extra set of both for my other experimental models ,i recommend the geebee for anyone with some prior experience on 4 ch models.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:14 PM
netdudeuk

I see that you are from Pakistan. What's the modelling scene like out there ?

I've spent a lot of time in neighbouring India and the weather conditions there were always perfect for park flyers. No breeze or anything. I guess that it's pretty good out there too LOL
Old 02-28-2006, 12:41 PM
jonybravo

the weather here is mostly calm but there arnt many aeromodelers around ,just a selected few and majority of them prefer glow power over electrics
Old 08-10-2006, 04:09 PM
david5272

parkflyers.com is selling the GEE BEE for $129 now....sounds like a good deal.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:07 PM
sal37

i have it, its very good. Does the 3d thing well, loops like its doing a backflip. Ridiculous power to weight ratio. Easy to fly. It will fly very slow or very fast. I have about 5o flights, no problems. You have to replace the screws on the motor mount with larger ones.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:54 PM
dangilello

The Parkflyer GeeBee is 3D and it will hover. (I don't hover two feet off the ground like that guy in that video, but I do hover.) It has more power than weight, so you can climb straight up. The large “barn door” wings limit the roll rate, but they do allow for good slow flying control. The flat design of the wing means there is little handling difference when flying inverted.

I found the landing gear to be a weak point in the design. After the first hard landing they ripped right off. I then taped a carbon fiber rod across the bottom and have hand launched/belly landed ever since. After several failed attempts at night flying, I also repaired major nose damage with 5-min epoxy. The plane still flys great.

After fifty or so flights, I agree that this plane is a RTF bargain and would recommend it.
It's a cheap fun plane.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Stickyzdc

I think the G B 3D is a very good value. Lasted much longer than any Flat Out I had. I followed thier tip and painted epoxy on the engine mount area. Made it much stronger.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Hemmi101

I'm pleased with my Parkflyer Gee-Bee, and fly it in about all weather. I have lots of tape and epoxy on it due to various indignities, but I feel free to try all sorts of stuff I wouldnt risk with my stick built planes. No complaints.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.