Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Dave Patrick super cub

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Dave Patrick super cub

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:34 AM
PTS
My Feedback: (153)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dave Patrick super cub

Hello!

I have a buddy trying to sell his Orange and White Clipped Wing, and a Saito 180. Plane and Engine "BRAND NEW" "NEVER FLOWN".

$800.00
Old 12-02-2006, 06:50 AM
T Huston
My Feedback: (31)

PTS,
Sent you an E-mail & a PM. I Will Take The Cub. Call me !!
Regards
Tom
Old 12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
wjmiller
My Feedback: (2)

Hi guys,

I have a quick question for anyone who cares to answer... I have a dave patrick PA-18 on order, probably just like everyone else - ha - and I have bought an O.S. FT-160 for the power plant, which I have seen an a few PA-18's on this thread. I was also wanted to have a Keleo Creations scale exhaust pipe for this setup. This is the first multi cylinder engine that I have owned so forgive my ignorance, but as I was looking at the exhaust, I saw that there was no pressure tap on the exhaust pipe to pressurize the fuel tank. I asked someone at Keleo about it and they said that everyone requested that no tap be installed so they stopped doing it, but that I could have a tap if I wanted to request it. Finally,... If you have not guessed by now, my question to you all is,... do I need the pressure tap on the exhaust or does the FT-160 engine being a actual !QUOT!double!QUOT! 4 stroke engine provide enough sucking power making a pressure tap off the exhaust unnecessary and I would only need a vent on the fuel tank to relieve any vacuum pressure? Thanks in advance, Jay
Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
icrashbipes
My Feedback: (18)

yes and yes, the motor is set up like a typical gas set up. just a vent line from the tank. It does not require muffler pressure. if they offered to put a tap in , you can use it for smoke. those headers will get hot enough for decent smoke.
ORIGINAL: wjmiller

Hi guys,

I have a quick question for anyone who cares to answer... I have a dave patrick PA-18 on order, probably just like everyone else - ha - and I have bought an O.S. FT-160 for the power plant, which I have seen an a few PA-18's on this thread. I was also wanted to have a Keleo Creations scale exhaust pipe for this setup. This is the first multi cylinder engine that I have owned so forgive my ignorance, but as I was looking at the exhaust, I saw that there was no pressure tap on the exhaust pipe to pressurize the fuel tank. I asked someone at Keleo about it and they said that everyone requested that no tap be installed so they stopped doing it, but that I could have a tap if I wanted to request it. Finally,... If you have not guessed by now, my question to you all is,... do I need the pressure tap on the exhaust or does the FT-160 engine being a actual !QUOT!double!QUOT! 4 stroke engine provide enough sucking power making a pressure tap off the exhaust unnecessary and I would only need a vent on the fuel tank to relieve any vacuum pressure? Thanks in advance, Jay
Old 12-06-2006, 02:01 PM
farmerric
My Feedback: (11)

Jay
I have 3 OS 160 twins, one of them in a DP CUB (see some of my exhaust pipe pics in earlier posts) and I dont use muffler pressure on any one of them, no problems at all with fuel draw. I do use an on board glo lighter to make the starting easier with both plugs lit at the same time and no cowl holes. The Keleo exhaust pipes that have been shown on other posts bring the two pipes down to the same side of the cowl, I bent pipes and brought them both down to the middle of the cowl, more like the full scale. You will love the engine (and the plane)
Ric
Old 12-14-2006, 01:11 PM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

Does anyone have the slightest idea when the Dave Patrick company is going to get these planes back in stock? I've been hearing they've been out of stock for quite a while now. I'm wanting to buy the regular yellow super cub, but I'm told that they're out of stock and don't know when they'll be getting them in. A friend of mine told me that he went to the website, placed an order, and found out a day or two later that the plane he ordered was on backorder, or out of stock. I'm wanting to buy a plane now, but I don't know if they have anything to sell.
Can anyone give me any info regarding this matter?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:27 PM
icrashbipes
My Feedback: (18)

look elsewhere, if you want to be well serviced with your new purchase.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Ray III
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: yard-dart

Does anyone have the slightest idea when the Dave Patrick company is going to get these planes back in stock? I've been hearing they've been out of stock for quite a while now. I'm wanting to buy the regular yellow super cub, but I'm told that they're out of stock and don't know when they'll be getting them in. A friend of mine told me that he went to the website, placed an order, and found out a day or two later that the plane he ordered was on backorder, or out of stock. I'm wanting to buy a plane now, but I don't know if they have anything to sell.
Can anyone give me any info regarding this matter?

Well Until this past November I had one on order for roughly two years. After seeing a 20% Curtis Jenny at the Chicago Hobby Show, I cancelled the S'Cub order and ordered the Jenny. I got the Jenny Yesterday in 3 large boxes and I believe it will satisfy me more than the S'Cub. This thing is very large, it has a 105" span as the S'Cub has, and it is GORGEOUS. My OS 1.60 twin and Keleo exhaust look like they will work just fine

I got tired of not only the wait, but more so of the run-around BS of no communication or answers.

The DPM S'Cub is a beautiful a/c and I hear it performs extremly well, and I would still like one, but not the DPM way.

Good Luck,

Ray
Old 12-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Joe Dirr
My Feedback: (8)

I have made several attempts to reach Dave Patrick Models, but they simply will not return my phone calls, faxes or emails. I spoke to a local hobby store owner, who attempted to place a $3000.00 order and received the same treatment - no response.

Regardless of the circumstances @ DPM, this kind of behavior is unacceptable and I believe that DPM owes the general public some kind of communiqué indicating that - either, they are no longer doing business or they are suspending all orders until further notice etc.

To simply ignore customers with money in-hand eager to purchase their products and get no response is completely unprofessional.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Bud Faulkner
My Feedback: (1)

Ray,
Where did you get your jenny? Sounds like a nice one.

Bud
Old 12-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Ray III

Bud,

I first saw it at the IHOBBY EXPO in Chicago last November (2006). Powerline Hobbies out of Joplin, MO www.powerlinehobbies.com is the distributor. I believe it is manfactured by Green Models in China. The workmanship looks great and all of the detailing is done. Since we placed the order on the dealer day at the show, it just came in early this week in three large boxes, as the fuse is 78" and the span is 105" (just like the s'cub). Greyhound was the least expensive form for the shipping. The cowling is painted fiberglass, all of the wood is laser cut, the cabanes and wing struts are either anodized aluminum or brass, and the covering is probably done better than I could have done myself.

[img][/img] If I did it right, here is a shot of the fuse, stab, fin and cowling taken yesterday.

Regards,

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26743.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	578190  
Old 12-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Bud Faulkner

Wow Ray,
You're gonna have fun with that one! Nice bird. I have the proctor jenny but haven't started it. Thanks for pic.

Bud
Old 12-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Ray III

Bud,

The only shortcoming so far is there are no printed instructions. There is an assembly video that is coming soon, and I have lot's of questions regarding which hardware to use and where as well as a little thing like the CG. Did I mention all of the pull/pull cables are already prepared with the ends and clevis's, and the wheels are beautiful. Hopefully the video will come soon so I can get it going. I want to fly it this spring of course.

Ray
Old 12-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Bud Faulkner

Sounds good Ray, I think I'd prefer a video over written instructions, maybe more manufacturers will be doing that in the future with arf's? Hang in there...springs a comin! I'm grounded too...hate the cold.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:28 AM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

Back to the issue of Dave Patrick, I too never got a return phone call. I spoke with a fella who works at Esprit Models down in Florida, a hobby store which at one time carried the Dave Patrick planes. He too told me that I may as well give up on them. He hasn't gotten any response from them in a while either.

I think that they need to simply shut down their site. All they're doing is getting people's hopes up. Out of site, out of mind.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Ray III

Maybe He, (DPM) is focussing all of his attention on the 1/3 scale Supercub he was telling me about about a year ago. The one that wll be built in a different factory from where all of his delays are occurring.

M a y b e ? ? ?
Old 12-17-2006, 01:45 AM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

ray gave up on dpm a while back,still looking on the fle market, joplin is very near me will take a look at this plane, nice keep us updated on the build, thanks frank
Old 12-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Bud Faulkner

Don't know how much anyone wants to spend but their's one on rcuniverse for $1850.00.......add the cost of what engine/radio/etc you will put in a new one and compare. This has the same engine and onboard glow as mine and I have over $2000.00 invested but mine has the full wing.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 AM
frank99

saw that one but i need the yellow one, there was a yellow one with some kind of gasser here around 2500 it did not get many hits, may be gone, i guess i am never going to get one. need, yellow, os 1.6 4c ,and near to drive and pick up. going to the two step in branson and will check out the jenny in joplin thanks for the help frank
Old 12-17-2006, 11:28 AM
frank99

brain storm with my pea brain. bud you must be ready to trade your great looking plane, it is the best cub in the world,i think it was white and blue and loaded, full wing, could come and see the east side of the best nation in the world, the usa thanks frank
Old 12-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Bud Faulkner

You mean this one?
It will be in my hanger for (as Harrison Ford said in six days and seven nights) a long,long,long,long time.

Name:	Ki19296.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	578778  
Old 12-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Ray III

I may have given up on the DPM Supercub for the Jenny, but I do have a 25 year old Balsa USA 1/4 scale cub with a twin OS 1.20 to give me my "cub" fix. It may not be as aerobatic as the DPM, but it flies every bit a scale as a cub flies. (I'll drop a photo in as soon as I get my camera disk back). I know what Bud says about it being a"keeper".

By the way, Bud that blue Cub on floats looks quite nice, if I haven't indicated before.

Ray
Old 12-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Bud Faulkner

Thanks Ray,
I have a Balsa USA 1/4 scale cub with a G38 but never got around to finishing the wing. Another "on the list to do"

Bud
Old 12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
frank99

cub 1 of 6 a finished pic is some where on pc saito 100 twin sig 1/4

Name:	Nl29631.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	579470  
Old 12-18-2006, 10:15 AM
frank99

cub 2 of 6 saito 1.5 4/c sig

Name:	Mk26694.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	579472  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.