Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Best tires for all 'round use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 05:52 PM
synergisticity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tires for all 'round use?

Hey There,
I just got a Turmoil RTR for a gift and was told to buy new tires. Money is tight, buying a house, so what would be the best choice of tires for bashing in a combination of sand pits (sometimes dry, sometimes moist), BMX track (hard pack with thin looser top) and, rarely, grass?

Thank you in advance, and Happy Holidays!

SML
Old 12-25-2006, 06:59 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best tires for all 'round use?

The best regarded 'all around' tire would be the proline crimefighters. If your only bashing then get the hardest compund you can so they last a bit longer. There are some cheap crimefighter copies that pop up on e-bay from time to time. They would be a good upgrade.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: GRANT ED

The best regarded 'all around' tire would be the proline crimefighters. If your only bashing then get the hardest compund you can so they last a bit longer. There are some cheap crimefighter copies that pop up on e-bay from time to time. They would be a good upgrade.

The crime fighters wear out way to fast even in the hardest compound. If your running on-road as well with the tire then even the Performance Devices Cheetahs (crime fighter copy) wont hold up.

In my opinion the best all around tire is the proline Moab. Wide spaced tread letting it grip the loose dirt pretty well with large flat topped lugs so they take a long time to wear out.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:33 PM
kx250ryder

You mentioned bashing, sand pits, loose dirt and grass. That means only one tire. Proline Badlands. Its lugs are twice as deep the ones mentioned above, and its made in Proline's hardest compound (XTR) so they last forever. If you are bashing, there is no tire more fun, because they pretty much destroy the terrain they run on with the overly aggressive tread. I have even run them on pavement and they don't wear that quickly compared to other off-road type treads.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:41 PM
dbuggyracer

the cheeta tires would be a very good tire you camn get them for $20 a set and they come with clue look for the ad on rcu.

Dennis Powers
Cen Racing
topspeedtoys.com(STS engines)
Old 12-25-2006, 08:58 PM
NitroBurn1

Get Badlands, they are the best tire for bashing.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

I finally wore out my Bones after 2 gallons. I even do alot of road running. How long and well do the Badlands hold up? Im lookin at them and the Moabs. Love the Moabs on the ST's, but love the agressive look of Badlands too.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:17 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you are going to run some on paving I think the Pro Line Moab would be best. The Pro Line Badlands do not look like they would last very long on pavement but would be good for loose dirt or sand.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:33 PM
mozzzy_2000

personally I tried just about all the tyres mentioned above. I wouldn;t recommend the badlands on grass though. They dig in too deep and can be slow and have to much grip which just flips the buggy on cornering though. I agree though they are a genuinely great tyre to bash with. Just on grass I have noticed the drawbacks. I have since found that the Proline Mugshots are the best all round general purpose tyre. Infact I think proline advertise it as such. It is easily the best grass tyre available because it has large long bowtie lugs similar to the badlands but they are spaced wide apart so they're designed to give some sideways "give" when cornering on grass. And offroad on dirt they offer great handling as well. All up, if you haven;t got a lot of money to be buying specific for tyres for specific applications, its hard to go past the Proline Mugshots as a great alrounder.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:22 PM
kx250ryder

Badlands are the ones that have grass in their description on pro-line's site:
http://www.pro-lineracing.com/proline.html

They use one of those annoying frames on their page so that you can't directly link to the page that shows all of their tires together. But if you click Products on the left, and then Tires under the 1/8th buggy picture you can see what they have to offer.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:51 PM
NitroBurn1

Get the Badlands, you wont be disappointed. I have them on my Hyper 8, and they are great for running on surfaces that you mentioned. Badlands also last a long time. I bought mine in may, ran all summer, and they are still good for another year.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:52 PM
badtoad454

What about something like this ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4241&rd=1&rd=1
Old 12-26-2006, 06:11 PM
badtoad454

HAAAA heck ... thats one of my auctions on ebay right now .I do use them when im out running with a friend and they work very well on just about anything . Theyer killer in the mud, messy as heck but the buggy does move good with them in the mud .[8D]
Old 12-26-2006, 07:02 PM
1/8racer

these ones [link=http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=38_53_225&products_id=5915]http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=38_53_225&products_id=5915[/link]
Old 12-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

What about these?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCWE7&P=7
Old 12-26-2006, 08:33 PM
synergisticity

Hey Y'all,
Thanks for all the options and opinions. Doing a search for Badlands, recommended by many here, yielded a gentleman in the classifieds selling 4 "used once" badlands mounted on Ofna wheels off his now defunct buggy. I made him an offer he couldn't refused, and they'll be on their way tomorrow.

Thanks!

SML
Old 12-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Super_Dave

I had a set of badlands as well and they are an awesome tire as long as you don't go on-road with them. I ran them on a hard packed clay track and a few of the knobs ripped off so I think asphault would be a lot worse. They do deffinatly have a problem with traction rolling in grass because they have to much grip. Just make wider turns or slow down a whole lot because it wont take much to flip with them on in grass.