Hpi Firestorm

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:44 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hpi Firestorm

KIT KIT KIT.
Then I'll think about another ST.
They should've realeased it earlier for X-Mas.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:01 PM
MiamizFinest

I was looking at my racer 2 yesturday and thinking dam i wonder if i can put that 2speed on my rush evo..........it might actually work depending on a few minor details.................that fire strom does looks great but come on TRAXXAS raised the bar with the jato and this is what HPI CAME OUT WITH??? i think its kinda depressing if you ask me..............yea it might be a great track racer the suspsention makes it seem that way but when you think about RACEING does HPI really pop into peoples heads???? NO..........now u can see they have evolved and made better TRACK cars........but HPI like TRAXXAS will always be know for BEGINNERS cars for the most part .......................hopefully this thing will be a hit and not a flop like the RUSH EVO!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HPI is trying to change their image.

once again, look at the Hellfire, race truck, released in RTR. then they made an SS. I give HPI credit for even making kits unlike Traxxas. and none of you know how fast or how powerful this truck is so how can you complain?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:50 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

1+ it looks like HPI is going to get serious in to off road raceing. let the truck come out before you bash on it!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:22 PM
MiamizFinest

lololololol OK but u see what i mean right?????LOL i see HPI geting into raceing and this is probably goin to be a GOOD TRUCK lets see................ i wonder who will be the first on RCU to get one?????
Old 12-14-2006, 10:54 PM
tattguy12

mines been ordered since the 3 of december.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:13 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Off road track I do believe the Firestorm will put the Jato to shame now on road straight line yes the Jato will be on top. I know some buy off road vehicles to run on road but I am one of those if I am going to run on road I want and on road vehicle. HPI made the Firestorm where you can change the engine and be legal with most if not all race Sanctions. Now I have raced against a few Jato on a off road track and I sure was not impressed with the Jato what so ever.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:35 PM
tattguy12

i know mn.nitro series runs the standard rules and any rtr vehicle with the stock motor is legal, so that should be a big bonus
Old 12-15-2006, 01:01 AM
KRO

I still like my JATO 3.3 better !

And properly set up and with a little throttle control the JATO can be fast off road too ...

I also have not been impressed with the HPI motors ..... the .15 in my RS4 RTR 3 is pretty weak ....

But this truck looks like a nice machine .....
Old 12-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Jammerdaman

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RO7IP_p9ilY
here you guys go just found this and I also looked at tower hobbies and the price is 261.99 anyone know if thats the right price or not?????
Old 12-17-2006, 08:09 PM
tattguy12

thats the right price it dropped last week from 269.99 there was a guy out here, his lhs has them listed for sale for $426.00...lol
Old 12-17-2006, 11:46 PM
willemsen

i am thinking to install an a "R/C truck Rental" and this truck look nice, very good price, good price part's, good radio, easy to clean and mantain, good engine and nice fits...

please post your opinions

thk's
Old 12-20-2006, 08:27 AM
off road mania

in the vidoe it pulled wheelies, but at the start i think you can see scoop wheels.
it looks realy nice i wanna trade in my rush[&o]
Old 12-22-2006, 10:15 PM
ford f150

get one of these i just seen a video and they are fast for stock.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:40 AM
rcisfun1

I have had the firestorm since christmas and it is an awesome truck........i have been into rc cars and trucks since 1982 so i have some experience with many different vehicles.....this is a great truck for the track......but as far as usin it like a savage it want hold up........nor was it designed for that........but what it is very fast and nimble......hard to flip over due to low center of gravity...........a dream to work on compared to savage............now for the downside........the front bulkhead broke right down the center from side impact.........it is made of very thin nylon/plastic............definitely could use aftermarket there...........other than that an awesome truck.........no parts available yet anywhere so have to wait........but that is the price u pay for 1st out.................but give it 9/10 stars..........will buy another in 2-3months for my son......
Old 12-28-2006, 03:11 AM
scottywilkes

um it hasnt been released yet i dont think
Old 12-28-2006, 11:19 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

um it hasnt been released yet i dont think
I saw a guy buy one at my local shop about 2 weeks ago
Old 12-29-2006, 12:30 AM
scottywilkes

o sweet, they defintaly look like 1 helll of a ST. Wouldnt mind one but i think i would rather a MT2 18ss
Old 12-29-2006, 06:34 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

can any of the fire storm owner tell me if the radio has a charging jack as i have my heli radio charger and was thinking i could use that charger to charge rechargable batterys.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:35 PM
dj_haviik

Hobby People has it on sale for 219.00. Looks like a good first nitro for my 10 year old son.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Kemo

its a great starter car. its got the goods to hit the track right out of the box. If anyone actually plans to get into a lot of racing with it, see if HPI is to release a ball diff for it. the vehicle will handle a lot better on the track.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:46 PM
hobbimaster

I totally disagree with needing a ball diff. After having Losi's and RC10GT's with ball diffs, I see no need for one on this truck. While the ball diff has its advantages, it is much more difficult to keep "tuned" and requires much more maintenance. If a ball is set too loose you will simply melt the diff, set too tight you lose the silky smooth action. They get contanimated much more easily. I understand why Losi and Associated use these diffs for optimum performance, but as a whole nitro doesnt use these diffs. Everything nitro from monster trucks, onroad, 1/8th scale use gear diffs. Gear diffs are much more durable, can go longer between rebuilds, and in most cases can be tuned with oil/grease. Properly set-up a gear diff can be almost as smooth as a ball diff, but without the worries of frying your diff with high power nitro engines.
You are right about this truck having the right stuff for racing, Id put it against any RTR on the market!

Old 01-14-2007, 02:45 PM
bmwnla

i want an ST do i get this or a XXX-NT???
Old 01-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: hobbimaster

I understand why Losi and Associated use these diffs for optimum performance, but as a whole nitro doesnt use these diffs. Everything nitro from monster trucks, onroad, 1/8th scale use gear diffs.
reason being is that there are multiple diffs in 1/8 vehicles. If you think keeping one diff set just right is a pain, then try 3 of them. its why they use 3 open gear/bevel gear diffs instead. gear diffs aren't all they are cracked up to be though, remember the first and second generation tmaxx? With the .15 and 2.5 engines, they'd kill the differentials. Traxxas had to find a way to make their differentials stronger.

bmwnla, do you plan to race or bash?
Old 01-14-2007, 04:06 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: bmwnla

i want an ST do i get this or a XXX-NT???
Get what you want. Both would be fine for racing. Its kind of hard to ask somebody what YOU want. Its your money and you should decide. If you need help, ask more precise questions like: which is stronger, rough-track handling, high-speed handling, better value, things like that. Don't ask about speed because its impossoble to tell you, there are so many variables involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.