Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

zagi xt extreme speed

Old 12-23-2004, 09:17 AM
ricktkenny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zagi xt extreme speed

Having flown wings for ages and done all the brushless set ups I can think of, I finally decided to finish off the Twin 400 Zagi XT. It was an easy build just took my time and built it over 3 months, at first I used Iron on film but this had to come of due to the wings warping like mad, I weighted thme and got them straight agian and used the standard tape.

I took it out for it's first flight today, the wind was blowing about 18mph but since I am used to wings and wind flying I went for it, Power on and a straight climb out a little trim here and there and she was flying perfect.

WOW is all I can say, this thing shift at a fair pace, Take it high and power down to level it must have dived at a 100 mph, I am not joking, I have flow zagis with all kinds of set ups but this is somthing else, even power off in a dive it screams past.

Most definitly the fasted wing I have flown. Can wait to get to the club over Christmas and give the twinJets a good hiding.

Rick

www.rcwing.co.uk
Old 12-23-2004, 11:00 AM
rcbadger
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: zagi xt extreme speed

I am now on my 4th Zagi. I usually keep one in the car along with a transmitter and a charger. The last one lasted a few years, but finally started fluttering and I retired it. Anyway, What have you been using to replace the 3M brand 77 adhesive. On this one used some 3M Photo Mount Adhesive which did not eat foam and adhesion was great on the styro, but did not adhere at all to the EPP.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:17 PM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

hey ricktkenny, next buy yourself a ZAGI XS and strap a Brushless astro 020 5 turn pusher or a Mega 16/15/4 with a 5.5x5.4 prop and your gonna smoke your XT. Merry christmas!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:22 PM
hwy2hll

i love this thing i put two 350w het edf2w brushless motors a 80 amp speed controller and a 8000 mah 3s2p battery. full throttle is way to fast and the first few flights have been a learning exp. i want to get a radar on this thing.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:10 PM
kctrading
My Feedback: (2)

Why not just one HET EDF 2W-20 (700watts)

I going to try one on a 48" Unicorn I am building...pick it up here on RCG for $55 brand new...warbirds sells them new for just $65! Check out the videos that test three of them including the motor mentioned above.

http://www.warbirds-rc.com/ResearchC...sts/index2.htm

Ken
Old 12-29-2006, 01:20 PM
hwy2hll

my friend put one of those in his zagi it is real fast just make sure you got a battery that can handle it. good luck. i put the 2 motors in a 60, with the two motors its faster than the one 700w. max amps has some good lipos.

my first flight with the new bird was today and it was great. we used alot of carbon fibre reinforcement. still havent hit full throttle on this one yet. i hope to get video up on you tube.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:37 PM
kctrading
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: hwy2hll

my friend put one of those in his zagi it is real fast just make sure you got a battery that can handle it. good luck. i put the 2 motors in a 60, with the two motors its faster than the one 700w. max amps has some good lipos.

my first flight with the new bird was today and it was great. we used alot of carbon fibre reinforcement. still havent hit full throttle on this one yet. i hope to get video up on you tube.
I would be interested in what your friends zagi run for a prop and battery? Is he on RCU?

On your setup what have you had it up to in mph? If you have a watts meter what kind of amps are you getting with your setup? Would love to see some vids!

Ken
Old 12-30-2006, 04:26 PM
hwy2hll

second flight today it did not flap and blow up today. i was running 5x5 today its too much for my speed control so im gonna run the 4.7x4.7.
my friend is running a 6x5.5 prop cut down a little with a 70a jeti and 3s2p 4200 mah lipo the drains the battery fast but it is working. he had to fix a few cracks in his bird due to to speed but flies great the 4200 are real light light than the nicad zagi it,s to light for my bird. we will get some video on sunday. good luck