Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

LOSI MUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Muswagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI MUGGY

No, those wheels are targeted towards rough track handling, which the Muggy excels at. No hard core racer should be buying the Muggy in the first place.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:11 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Muswagon, those wheels are targeted towards bashers plain and simple. You are thinking about the 8ight-T1 wheels, which have a larger diameter, and the tires have a smaller sidewall, but they are just a little taller than the Bowtie MTR's, and as thin. The Muggy tires are huge. If you put those grip tires on all four wheels, the thing loses about 1 pound of weight. That's a lot of rolling resistance, that extra pound. And those tires are like 40 series, good for bashing, but just useless for racing.

As for the Muggy being a racer, it's a sport kit. Nothing more, nothing less. In the hands of a good driver, you can beat those 1200 dollar truggies. But even so, if you switch to something like the Matrix Arena or MBX5T, you are almost certainly going to be able to turn better laps.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:11 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was reading threw and i noticed everyone talking about the stock muggy clutch..............man was it garbage!!!! LOL i melted it with a quickness..........i put some ofna aluminum ones in there and its be fine for over a gallon!!! i acutally drag race my muggy i still have the stock engine and i run a 15 CB with some pro line 40 series tires i have GREAT TOP end im i mean its REALLY CRAZY but my bottom end is nothing to brag about its not BAD it jsut could be better u get me? ..............i was wondering how could i rip out the center diff and install a 2speed??? ive seen in done on a few ofna buggys and even a mayhem but i just have no clue where to start do you guess think u could help me???? i want the 2speed so i can set 1st gear a lil lower to have more take off out the hole!!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 04:13 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Anything can be done with some fabrication but Losi designed the truck to be raced and 2 speeds aren't allowed in sanctioned events so nothing will be bolt in I imagine. It will all be stuff you made work yourself if you can make it happen.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
MiamizFinest

Ima taking a look at the 2speed from the kyosho inferno gt.........i have to rip out the 2seed from it tuesday night to replace the 1st gear.........i spent a while looking at it last night and it might fit BUT i have to count first how many teeth those spur gears offer.............and know there is a 2speed convertion for the OFNA buggys that ofna make...........but i couldnt find it on the site could anyone help me out??

i dont mind if i cant race it on a track...........since i dout ill ever drive this thing in dirt anyways its bein street only since the day i got it!!!!

here is a pic of it.............i had taken this pic to show people how big the kyosho inferno gt really is!!! but the muggy came out looking nice in the pic also!!!

Old 02-01-2007, 07:27 PM
s5lin

Yes, I have a muggy and the stock aluminum clutch shoes suck!!! Right after break in, I pulled the motor and checked the clutch. The shoes were all mushroomed. Switched to mugen carbon shoes and though it might have lost a little punch, I don't want to be changing clutch shoes every couple tanks.

Like many of you said, a big problem with the muggy are the large tires and the gearing. 45T ring gear and a 11T pinion gear this gives internal ratio of about 4.1. And then with the clutch and spur 46T and 13T you get a ratio of about 3.54. This gives an overall drive of (4.1)*(3.54)=~14.5:1 this is too tall a gearing for a truck with such large tires.
I switched over to normal truggy sized tires and the acceleration and clutch wear are much better now!!

Take into account most race truggies have a ratio of 15.2-15.8:1. You can see how much harder the clutch has to work on the muggy.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:47 PM
giddyuperic

Hey can you tell me what tires and rims you went with please? Thanks Eric
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 PM
s5lin

I used pro line 23mm rims, (converted to 23mm hex) proline crime fighter tires. All standard MT size stuff. The wheel package says like MT or Maxx. Do not use 40 series, as those are about the same size as the stock 420series tires.

Oh yah, I used the 1/2" offset rims. Also if use 7/10/3 setup for the diffs, I noticed this seemed to be way too light in the center. The car doesn't feel consistent. I'd say maybe 30,000 wt oil in the center.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:17 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

It's more the weight of the tires.

Go for the Maxx-size tire though, or even the new MTR's
Old 02-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Muggy250r

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...364014&q=muggy ....that should help u make up ur mind
Old 03-23-2007, 04:27 PM
T-Maxx515

The Muggy is mostly for bashing, but you could still race it.