Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Not all is created equal !

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Groundman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not all is created equal !

What are some of you guys burning in your trucks ? I am sure not all fuels are created equal , what makes some fuels better than others ? I am going to stick with the 20 % range to be safe.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Soupy944

Default RE: Not all is created equal !

i havent used a lot of different fuels, but i have used red alert 20% and its been good to me.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:09 PM
pre98zetec
Banned

Traxxas top fuel and blue thunder, im sure others will dissagree but its worked perfect for me, havent been bothered enough to go to a 'better' fuel.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:11 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything but Traxxas. Traxxas tends to have a little more oil than others because of there engines. Nothing bad just has a little to much oil. I use Red Alert with success.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Groundman

I am using the Byron Race 2000. How would some of you rate this fuel ?

here is the link if some of you are not familiar with Byron Fuel. www.byronfuels.com
Old 12-30-2006, 10:19 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Byrons is great fuel.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Vigilante212

I used blue thunder 20% seemed to work nice, but i dont have anything to rate it against.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:00 AM
125cchyperman

I sued to use blue thunder, Had a ton of OWB issues. Then I bought my xxx-nt and tried a new fuel and wow was there a difference, I will never go back to blue thunder again and I will never use the traxxas fuel. O'Donell and Trinity fuel's have a ton more power and are easier to tune the engine with then fuel's like blue thunder and traxxas fuel's.

Byrons is a good fuel and you should be ok with using that fuel.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:41 AM
FRENCHBLUE72

I use odonnels....... Great fuel but it does seem to turn my blue fuel line white??
Old 12-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

Ive tried Red Alert, its crap. Infact anything Duratrax makes isnt very high on my to buy list. Traxxas and Blue Thunder 20% will be the only thing I run in my engines, I like higher oil content, lube is good. Try to run your car low on oil and let us know how it works out for ya.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:43 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you do a search you will see this has been asked many times. Brand is not the only
thing to consider as many brands have more then one blend and there is a big difference between blends and has to do with oil content. High oil content can do more harm then good! I use O’Donnell race blend but will not use O’Donnell RTR blend as it is to high in oil content. I have tried about 10 different fuels and I can tell you some I will never run again way to much oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try running your car on 2 quarts over full and see what happens. [X(]

Using high oil content fuels in nitro car or truck engines won't provide improved engine life, as some would expect. Through extensive testing we've discovered the point of diminishing return as far as oil content to engine life is actually around 8% for most car engines. In other words any more oil than 8% in the fuel does noting to improve the life of a car engine. In fact the secondary effects of high oil content fuels can actually cause engine damage by encouraging over lean runs. Here's how.

Using high oil content fuel causes a car engine to be unresponsive during acceleration acting as if the engine were running rich. Typically when using high oil content fuel, in order to get crisp acceleration and response, an engine will need to be adjusted overly lean. In addition the high oil content prevents lean bog when an engine is over-leaned thus allowing the engine to run at this lean setting without the customary telltale lean bog warning letting you know the engine is overheating.

In summary, high oil content fuels don't give added protection. The point of diminishing return from a protection standpoint in a gas car application is about 8% oil depending on the oil type and engine. Anymore oil than this doesn't offer added protection and has potential secondary effects that reduce performance and can actually cause you to over lean your engine in an attempt to get crisp throttle response and acceleratio
Old 12-31-2006, 06:02 PM
CrT-RaCeR

I use O’Donnell race blend for years, blue thunder screws with my tuning and I will never use it again, never tried traxxas fuel and never will.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Byron's fuel is good. Right now I'm running O'donnell 20% race in my 1/10 small block cars, and White Lightning 30% in my big blocks.

I'm gonna get some Cooper fuel from www.xtremenitros.com to see how it works out. I've heard really good things about Cooper's fuel

and 46u, I thought my 83 Honda Accord took 7 1/2 quarts of oil maybe THAT'S why things are dribbling!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Whoa G

i run byron's race blend 20%/12%, and i've switched from morgan 20/16, and the byron's is way better. it smells different tho, kinda like unscented soap. idk why tho
Old 01-26-2007, 02:21 PM
t-hayden

O’Donnell 20%
Old 01-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Kemo

Well i like to run in the 8-10% oil range, BUT, trinity's monster horsepower is 20 bucks a gallon at my lhs. Probably going to end up switching to that shortly.

20% nitro for small blocks and 30% for my big blocks.