Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:55 AM
naviuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Hey Guys

Happy New year and all the best for 2007

I have a small issue and i'm racking my brain about it.
I took my truck out the other day after a few weeks down time and the last time i took it, the truck was goig insane, it was so quick i was amazed, This time it seems to have taken a drug and slwoed right up but to the point where it doesn;t even sound like the engine reaches it;s normal rev's, I have check and the brakes are not too tight, the truck moves freely but the gears do seem to make alittle friction noise. i also noticed my tyres are pretty essed and they are very flat whouch can add to the slowness but not to the extent it is now...

I wanted to know if it could be my motor? Do you think it needs a rebuild?

I have replaced the glow plug, but it is the same one i was using when the truck was going well,
I have cheded the fuel and the temperature seems to be good and the carb is opening to the fullest amount...

The other question i have is, Does anyone know of a supplier that wiill ship me an entier Gearbox setup, I noticed that when my spur gear went the one i replaced it with was not quite made the same as the orginal was, and since then the gearbox has not been sooo happy, I need one shipped to South Africa as i have moved back home... Anyone know someone that will?

thanks for all the help.
Cheers
Pierre
Old 01-02-2007, 10:09 AM
nitrospeed33

im not too sure about a gearbox or a link, but i think your engine might just be dirty. did you use after run oil in the engine before you put the car away?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:48 PM
zack221

clermontmotorsports.com might ship it there or allaboutfunhobbies.com if clermont wont you might have to email allaboutfunhobbies because he doesnt have all his parts on his website yet

and for the motor thing you prob just need to retune it check the faq thread i posted 2 things about how to tune the engines
Old 01-02-2007, 05:13 PM
hawk900

some pics of my truck [img][/img]
Old 01-03-2007, 02:16 AM
naviuk

Hi All

Ok cool, i'll try those sites out,

Yip i use after run oil 1 to 2 drops everytime, i'm pretty strict when it comes to being clean on my truck, now that i'm back in S.A i got all my tools, I clean it with a compressor and then check all the parts etc, I though about the retune which i tried while i was there but the truck is running at the right temperature 220 F to 230 F.
The one problem i did have but i don;t think it is related is the battery holder that holds the batteries for the servo's melted on the negative links, i replaced that and since then no issue, but i can see that even coming into feature.

I'm going to strip it this week and then i'll see if i can find anything weird.
My girlfriends cousin bought one of these trucks from London, He managed to put the metal plate that holds the spur gear on through the spur gear, so in other words it cut the inside of the spur gear out, quite a interesting one, so once i have fixed his i'll move onto mine.

Is it possible to be running the right temperature and the truck not to be tuned right? i always got taught that you try get it to run 220F to 230F and then you fine???

Thanks
Pierre
Old 01-05-2007, 01:27 AM
hawk900

check out www.inexrc.com for 2.2 tires cool skeleton tires
Old 01-06-2007, 09:27 PM
[email protected]

I recently just bought a Reacat Volcano SV Truck 1:!) scale with a .18 Vertx engine. I have not recived much info on the web on this modle as of yet. I am looking for a place to buy upgrade parts for like a aluminum front skid plate,bumper and role bars ti add lights to. I have got some white and red leds for them but can't find much about this ploduct as of yes. I know this product is new and more stuff will come out soon. Can someone PM me at [email protected] if they can help me in this matter thank you verry much. David
Old 01-08-2007, 08:59 PM
truckerbruce

hi, anyone know how to change the servo saver on volcano sv pro do i have to take the top plate off or does it come out the side. i dont think its broken but it is not turning the wheels thanks for the help
Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 AM
retiredcutter

Hey ya,ll
I am brand new to nitro rc racing. I just ordered a Redcat Volcano SV and am looking forward to delivery on Tuesday. Can anyone give me a heads-up on proper engine break-in for this model and also any problems I should be aware of with this truck? Many thanks.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
nitrospeed33

everyone has thier own way of doing it, but i recommend the heat cycle method, thats what the guys on here told me. it worked well for me. i cant find the link on it, but maybe you can do a search on it.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
zack221

retiredcutter you need to change the clutch spring with this one the shoes dont work on our cars but the spring does

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSP08&P=7

and change the stock clutchbell with this one

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGWX8&P=7
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM
nitrospeed33

oh yeah, those are really important. oh and i found the link to the engine break in. this is a really good way.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=397
Old 01-17-2007, 05:53 PM
truckerbruce

does anyone know if the hpi roto start back plate for savage will fit volcano pro with infity .18 engine. the himoto/ redcat roto
starter back plate broke (the brass retainer for the small gear came out and i lost it in the yard). redcat does not sell the back plate seprate besides this is the second time so i think ill upgrade if i can. thanks for any help.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:55 PM
truckerbruce

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFET1&P=ML here is the link to the back plate
Old 01-17-2007, 06:08 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is the correct rotostart backplate, you need the one for the .12/.15 engine.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
truckerbruce

also does that big gear fit my 14mm one way bearing or will i need a new one. thanks for the fast reply
Old 01-17-2007, 07:44 PM
ehroof

it will fit the one way, its a direct bolt on.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
truckerbruce

ok i ordered thanks so much you guys are great
Old 01-17-2007, 08:07 PM
ehroof

glad i could help
Old 01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
retiredcutter

Zack221....thanks for the info. I'll order these parts and have them on hand to repair my truck when they fail. How will I know for sure when to replace them? I know it sounds a little silly asking these types of questions, but I figure I have to learn one way or the other. This thread is great..lots of good info...thanks again.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:58 AM
MiniCwik

retired ... you'll know when/if your clutch shoe spring goes if the any of the following conditions are met (I would know, went through two of them before getting the Traxxas one):

[ul][*] Hard time starting your truck on the ground, starts fine while it is off of the ground and wheels spin fast, but stalls when you put it on the ground[*] You cannot push it freely forward or backward without hard resistance (other than the brake being on)[*] You hear a metal on metal grinding noise coming from the clutch bell area
[/ul]

Also, if you install the HPI 17 tooth racing clutch bell housing, you can actually peek in behind it to see the spring. That is how I know it broke the second time I could see it was loose.

Hope you don't mind me replying to ya ... [8D]
Old 01-19-2007, 09:59 AM
zack221

i would replace both as soon as you get the new parts.then you wont have to worry about stripped gears.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:07 PM
123michael

[8D]i CHANGED My cluch and cluch and cluch spring on my volcano first time[8D]
Old 01-19-2007, 04:09 PM
ehroof

good bro, how does it work?
Old 01-20-2007, 04:53 PM
seanm729

is there an upgrated gas tank (not bigger just better) that tey make for the volcano stx??? Perhaps one with a screw on lid???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.