Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:41 PM
raz54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Is this new evader page going to be a sticky?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: raz54

Is this new evader page going to be a sticky?
I'm going to make a page up over the next month or so. I'm thinking about either putting it on the web somewhere with a link or just having it handy to e-mail to anybody that's interested. I would like as much input as I can get with anything RC related but mainly Evader related. I might add links to parts (to buy) and or write-ups on maintence. I have been toying with RC's for about 15 years so I have a good amount of knowledge that I can add. It would probably be best to PM so we don't fill up the thread with a bunch of this info but then again that's what this thread is for.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:14 PM
cheech4

Any ideas for a name for the forum?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:15 PM
cheech4

RAZ, what the heck is a sticky??
Old 01-18-2007, 11:31 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: cheech4

RAZ, what the heck is a sticky??

It's the threads that are always up above the rest of the threads. They stay there so when ever you come into the forums you see them first and the say "sticky".
Old 01-19-2007, 12:13 AM
EVADERCHAOS

Like A Post-It-Note.

It sticks.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:29 AM
rcmaster103

ORIGINAL: EVADERCHAOS

Like A Post-It-Note.

It sticks.
Very nice explanation.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:02 AM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: Crash7772

I'm going to make a page up over the next month or so. I'm thinking about either putting it on the web somewhere with a link or just having it handy to e-mail to anybody that's interested. I would like as much input as I can get with anything RC related but mainly Evader related. I might add links to parts (to buy) and or write-ups on maintence. I have been toying with RC's for about 15 years so I have a good amount of knowledge that I can add. It would probably be best to PM so we don't fill up the thread with a bunch of this info but then again that's what this thread is for.
Crash, I vote for having people give you their suggestions here because that way we can all see them and give our input on the subject. What somebody posts here may ignite an idea in someone else. However, I'm sure we'll all be willing to do it anyway you like.

I think it would be good to have tips such as:
1. What aftermarket (or non-Duratrax) wheels can I put on my Evader ST/BX?
2. How can I put something other than the stock stadium truck body on my Evader ST?
3. How would I go about putting ST wheels/tires on my Evader BX (and how would this affect my gear selection)?

We should of course give guidelines on selecting the proper pinion/spur gear combos since that is probably the single most asked question. There is info in other places on that topic but it would be nice to have it in a place dedicated strictly to Evaders.

Anyhoo...I would be willing to write the part for the bodies...at least explain how I do it. I suppose I could even help with the first question regarding wheels. If one of the guys who has converted their BX to use ST wheels/tires could describe their process, that would be great (hint hint).
Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 AM
SpecialEd

Does anybody know which Pro-Line Crowd Pleazer body will fit the Evader ST? It looks like either the T4 or GT2 version will fit but I don't want to drop $25 on a body on a hunch. I know someone here said at some point that they had put a Crowd Pleazer on their Evader I just can't remember who (or if they even said which version). Trying to do all Crowd Pleazer bodies for our Geek Racing Team...here's the scheme...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80615.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	601583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80661.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	601584  
Old 01-19-2007, 10:53 AM
EvaderAnubis

ORIGINAL: SpecialEd
If one of the guys who has converted their BX to use ST wheels/tires could describe their process, that would be great (hint hint).
yea yea.. I get it.. but it is a page or two back. I do have a copy in my sent box to that I PMed to someone too so I can bring it back up pretty easily if/when you need it. I haven't regeared it yet... waiting until I get a new motor since there is still snow on the ground here. The snow is clearing up a bit so I may be able to take it to a parking lot or something to try and work things out, that is if I want to get out in the cold. I got my new wing last night as well. I need to figure out something for mounting though. The holes in the wing are placed wider than the evader so I either need to drill new holes or find a new piece of wire to make a wing mount. I would prefer the latter, so I'll see what I can come up with this weekend. I'm hoping to fins something like coathanger wire but a little thinner.

Pretty cool body there SpecialEd, far better than I could do.
as for the crowd pleazer body, I found this in an earlier post:
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4978117&key=crowd%2Cpleazer%2Cbody]body[/link]
but I'm guessing as long as they don't have the holes in them already, just about any of the 1/10 scale bodies would work

do you think $60 for a used superbrain 969 would be a good price? I missed one that went for $50 the other day :P
Old 01-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: Crash7772

Crash, I vote for having people give you their suggestions here because that way we can all see them and give our input on the subject. What somebody posts here may ignite an idea in someone else. However, I'm sure we'll all be willing to do it anyway you like.

I think it would be good to have tips such as:
1. What aftermarket (or non-Duratrax) wheels can I put on my Evader ST/BX?
2. How can I put something other than the stock stadium truck body on my Evader ST?
3. How would I go about putting ST wheels/tires on my Evader BX (and how would this affect my gear selection)?

We should of course give guidelines on selecting the proper pinion/spur gear combos since that is probably the single most asked question. There is info in other places on that topic but it would be nice to have it in a place dedicated strictly to Evaders.

Anyhoo...I would be willing to write the part for the bodies...at least explain how I do it. I suppose I could even help with the first question regarding wheels. If one of the guys who has converted their BX to use ST wheels/tires could describe their process, that would be great (hint hint).
Any input from anybody would be great as I can cut and paste instead of my typing everything out myself.

Just make a note "FOR EVADER PAGE" so I know to add it in.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:47 PM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: EvaderAnubis

I got my new wing last night as well. I need to figure out something for mounting though. The holes in the wing are placed wider than the evader so I either need to drill new holes or find a new piece of wire to make a wing mount. I would prefer the latter, so I'll see what I can come up with this weekend. I'm hoping to fins something like coathanger wire but a little thinner.

Pretty cool body there SpecialEd, far better than I could do.
as for the crowd pleazer body, I found this in an earlier post:
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4978117&key=crowd%2Cpleazer%2Cbody]body[/link]
but I'm guessing as long as they don't have the holes in them already, just about any of the 1/10 scale bodies would work

do you think $60 for a used superbrain 969 would be a good price? I missed one that went for $50 the other day :P
Let us know what you figure out for the wing. I've got a buddy who's done the same thing and liked your idea of adding a 1/8th wing. We thought it would be as easy as swapping the screws and wires but now we know better thanks to you.

The body came out a lot worse than I expected. It's all because my compressor died after I started (only got the carbon fiber done on the bed of the truck) so I had nothing with which to power my airbrush. I ended up having to finish it off with rattle cans. I wasn't happy about that (after spending $50 on paint and even more on accessories). But thank you for the compliment.

It did look like the GT2 CP 2.0 body would fit but the post said he needed extensions for the body posts. Hmmm...I'll have to poke around the store and see what I can find. I've got a method for doing other 1/10 scale bodies for my Vader but I don't know how legal body post extensions would be for racing.

Yeah...I think $60 is a good price as long as it was used and not abused. New they're going for nearly $100 (at least from what I can see on eBay). Happy hunting!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:03 PM
cheech4

doesnt raz have a losi crowd pleazer body that was a good fit with out body spacers???? i think it was from a XXT
Old 01-19-2007, 01:11 PM
raz54

doesnt raz have a losi crowd pleazer body that was a good fit with out body spacers???? i think it was from a XXT

No I tried one of those and it didn't fit well. I had to push the front end way down to get the pins in. The one I have now is the stock Losi XXT and it fits great. The rear dimples are right on but the front are off a little but as long as you drill the holes where the pins hit it's perfect.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:28 PM
FrankB2

Lack of Duratrax Graphite Parts:

I ordered a Duratrax Evader EP BX Pro (shipped from Tower today), but noticed that they don't carry
many graphite replacement parts, specifically the suspension arms. I called Hobby Services, and after
the rep looked over his available parts list, said.....Hmmmmm....Looks like you're right.

Did I order the wrong buggy? Is Duratrax ever going to make these parts? Should I have gone with
Associated [&o] ?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: FrankB2

Lack of Duratrax Graphite Parts:

I ordered a Duratrax Evader EP BX Pro (shipped from Tower today), but noticed that they don't carry
many graphite replacement parts, specifically the suspension arms. I called Hobby Services, and after
the rep looked over his available parts list, said.....Hmmmmm....Looks like you're right.

Did I order the wrong buggy? Is Duratrax ever going to make these parts? Should I have gone with
Associated [&o] ?
I have found dealers on E-bay that I deal with for 75% of my stuff. I can give you some info if you like.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:09 PM
FrankB2

Thanks Crash! I just found Mooneyz RC on ebay, and he seems to have a decent stock of Duratrax parts.
If you know anyone else, please let me know.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: FrankB2

Thanks Crash! I just found Mooneyz RC on ebay, and he seems to have a decent stock of Duratrax parts.
If you know anyone else, please let me know.
[email protected] (ask for Robert)
[email protected] (ask for Kevin)
and you already have Mooneyz. If you try the others just tell them JJ sent you.

Anybody looking for a metal gear servo try these guys http://stores.ebay.com/RVMSHOP . I've had great luck with my son's, my cousin's, and mine.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:34 PM
duneslider

No I tried one of those and it didn't fit well. I had to push the front end way down to get the pins in. The one I have now is the stock Losi XXT and it fits great. The rear dimples are right on but the front are off a little but as long as you drill the holes where the pins hit it's perfect.
I have a xxx-t crowd pleazer and it fits almost perfectly. Just make sure you mark yours holes before painting and you will be fine. I personally love the look of the crowd pleazer.

duneslider
Old 01-19-2007, 07:42 PM
duneslider

My testing was done with my normal gearing for pavement, the dirt around here is mud right now (lol). Anyway I was running a 17t pinion 87t spur and the motor got so hot after only about 5 minutes it shut down. Normaly I can run the whole pack and the motor is only warm. The trany still rotated easy so there was no binding only the diff was locked. I think its just because of the extra strain on the motor trying to turn both wheels all the time. I know after putting a full spool in my drag car it took more power to make a tight turn, I had to put my foot into it a lot more and the whole car would jump. I also think as easy as it spins out on pavement it would be almost undriveable in dirt. I had to really ease into the throttle to keep it going straight and the slightest turn of the wheel sent it spinning.
I wonder if you need to loosen the slipper up a little? You think that would help at all? What if you geared down one or two teeth on the pinion? This is kind of interesting. I really am surprised by this. I kind of expected the handling to be different but I didn't expect the run time and motor issues. I wonder how the wieght of all that JBweld affects it?

Makes me all curious now.

Duneslider
Old 01-19-2007, 08:49 PM
raz54

It really didn't take that much JB weld to lock it up so weight isn't it. It might be better in dirt since the wheels can spin easier when turning but then again It would be even harder to control in dirt. The 17t pinion is what I always use when running on pavement, any smaller it would be too slow and not much fun and if it's no fun what's the point right? It surprised me too, I have also ran a 21t pinion lots of times with no heating problem with the open diff. I didn't expect the motor to get so hot it would stop and after only about 5 minutes. I let it cool down and got about 5 more minutes before the battery (GP3700) started pooping out. I think it just because it's having to spin both wheels all the time with it locked up. Hopefully sleepy will do some testing before making these to sell. After the test I rebuilt the diff in stock form and it ran fine again.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:44 PM
EvaderAnubis

Let us know what you figure out for the wing. I've got a buddy who's done the same thing and liked your idea of adding a 1/8th wing. We thought it would be as easy as swapping the screws and wires but now we know better thanks to you.
I think I did see a few on ebay that were undrilled so you could drill the holes where you needed, but then again I wanted black and my choices were limited.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:59 PM
cheech4

since we are speaking about bodies that fit our evader, i was in the mood to make a purchase. Not originally for the evader, but for my TC4. I bought a lamborgini body and i got me same fastkolor paint, sunset orange. when im done painting the body i will posts pics with it on my evader and tc4, Im just curious how a lambo body would look on a stadium truck.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:41 AM
raz54

Should look different anyway (lol). I put a Lamborgini body on my RC10 years ago for street use and loved it so I know it'll look great on your TC4.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:04 PM
alibil

Would someone advise me on selecting clear body options? what am i measuring to ensure it fits? or is there a specific manufacturer that will fit the BX? i went to tower and just searched "clear body" to see all the options. this [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNKF5&P=7]suburban body [/link] is peaking my interest, but i dont know if it will fit at all or if i need to do some extreme mods.

as always, any suggestions are appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.