Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Quality Heli Kit Recommendations

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Quality Heli Kit Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 04:25 PM
AstroGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality Heli Kit Recommendations

Hi,

I am looking for some recommendations for a "quality" electric heli kit, no rtf's or arf's. I want a kit that has very little plastic (in other words aluminum) and good instructions. Are they any kits which immediately come to mind that someone could recommend? Have you had a kit that you purchased that thoroughly impressed you? I am not interested in micros or minis as far as this question is concerned.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Kevinator9

Default RE: Quality Heli Kit Recommendations

A TRex of some sort. 450 or 600. There are different kinds like the SE but I have never had one...
Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 PM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep TREX600. Carbon Fiber or Aluminum
Old 01-20-2007, 09:47 PM
My Name Is Brad

ORIGINAL: AstroGuy

Hi,

I am looking for some recommendations for a "quality" electric heli kit, no rtf's or arf's. I want a kit that has very little plastic (in other words aluminum) and good instructions. Are they any kits which immediately come to mind that someone could recommend? Have you had a kit that you purchased that thoroughly impressed you? I am not interested in micros or minis as far as this question is concerned.

Thanks

hope your wallet is as big as your expectations.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:06 PM
AstroGuy

ORIGINAL: CheeseNeggs
hope your wallet is as big as your expectations.
That was helpful. Thanks[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 AM
bikeracer

Don't know if it's any help,but I'm just putting a Dragonus Elite together,my first heli for seventeen years.It's a 450 size,325mm main blades.

I'm really impressed with the quality of the components,all the head,swashplate and tail gear is CNC'd,everything fits and there's even a little bag in the kit with some spare nuts,bolts etc in case you loose any.It's got an adjustable head for different set ups from hovering to full 3D.I can't compare it to any other heli,but I'm happy with it up to now,every review and write up I've seen has been very positive.

Allan

Old 01-21-2007, 12:04 PM
wingdragon

ORIGINAL: AstroGuy

Hi,

Thanks
If you really interested in a Kit verson that is solid with excellent performance. GO FOR ............

Mars 480 & Poseidon 480, and for you won't be disappointed for sure!

www.gazaur.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58957.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	603135  
Old 01-23-2007, 05:51 AM
scott_rc-tek

Gazaur has no parts support in the western world and if you read the feedback about them at RCG, you would run as fast as possible away from that heli. The kit also has too much plastic and the metal is NOT CNC. Why pay more for less???

Regards,
Scott
Old 01-25-2007, 08:34 PM
CrazyHerb
My Feedback: (1)

I'll probably get flamed for saying this but I bought the Century Swift (Kit) and had a very nice build experience.
I've been out of helis since 1995 and decided to go electric. A little simulator time and three flights into it I feel like I never left.

I've found the Swift is a great .30 sized heli "feel" without the 6-10S lipo expense.
I fly on a 4S 3700mah pack at lunch times at a local baseball diamond, and it's an awesome break from work stress.

I went with the combo pack offered got the heli, 550+, battery, esc for $522. Then snagged a great deal on a 7C.

Now, you said QUALITY...I really think the quality is great...aside from ONE design flaw. The tail-pitch slider ball links were very thin and broke during assembly (easy fix for about $2.99). Logo links fit fine for a few bux more, I used a pair Radius arm links and a dremel job.

Good luck with your decision!
Steve
(aka CrazyHerb)