Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

Old 01-25-2007, 08:22 AM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

RealFlight G3 and Ikarus Aerofly Pro Deluxe are both outstanding 3D learning tools. I personally prefer AFPD but you cannot go wrong with either one. Both have nice features for adjusting the physical setup of the plane as well as great physics engines. I think AFPD has a slight edge in the realistic way that the planes stall. The downloadable planes that other users have made up for AFPD are good too some better than others. There are some that fly a little too much like they have helium in them but the Planes from Rodeos Download website and the ones that come stock with AFPD are pretty doggone close.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 PM
paulsen
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank's Mike I have heard great thing's about the AFPD from awesome 3D masters including yourself, I have also heard that some AFPD user's that swear by AFPD really like the Pheonix sim and say it maybe it's only rival so far. Have you had a chance to fly the Pheonix sim, If so what do you think about it?

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Thank's for posting the awesome detailed 3D how to's they ROCK!!!
Isaac
Old 01-26-2007, 12:12 AM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: paulsen

Thank's Mike I have heard great thing's about the AFPD from awesome 3D masters including yourself, I have also heard that some AFPD user's that swear by AFPD really like the Pheonix sim and say it maybe it's only rival so far. Have you had a chance to fly the Pheonix sim, If so what do you think about it?

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Thank's for posting the awesome detailed 3D how to's they ROCK!!!
Isaac
I am far FAR from being a master, but thanks for the compliment

I have not even HEARD of Phoenix yet... That tells you how far out of touch I have gotten recently.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:24 AM
paulsen

Sound's like a top notch sim from what I hear, may be worth a look. I plan on picking it up, cant go wrong for the price. BTW looked like you have the moves mastered to me!

Thank's again,
Isaac
Old 02-04-2007, 05:56 PM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

here is another vid i made, not bad, a good spin, a hover or 2, torque roll or 2, and some smoke, not bad for an amateur

http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....a07bf717761dd3
Old 02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

How about a rolling loop and rolling elevator!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:18 PM
diamondave

rolling circles are what i am after, still trying those on sim, i can do ke figure 8's which is pretty cool, but i mainly made this vid to show the smoke system for you smokers
Old 02-05-2007, 04:43 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please,
could you please tell me how to make a rolling harrier?
Thank's!
Post a video of it if it's available.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 PM
diamondave

ORIGINAL: Kostas1

Please,
Thank's!
close your eyes and wiggle the sticks!!!, try on the sim 1st, thats about the best i can say, i cant do them yet either, there is a vid on 3dbatrix i think, a how to on rolling harriers, shows it on the sim with stick movements, in regular and slow motion
Old 02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
diamondave

i have it on my pc, if you cant find it, let me know and i can email it to you
Old 02-12-2007, 02:26 AM
FLYMIKE

I have some cool vids on my G3 of harrier rolling. How do I download to here? I can explain how to do alot of moves too.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:06 AM
FLYMIKE

I tried to download to rcuvideos and it said invalid video format.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:43 AM
mithrandir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a nice vid with a plethora of 3D maneuvers

http://media.putfile.com/Super-Extras-at-Work
Old 02-12-2007, 07:03 PM
diamondave

someone said you need to convert it somehow, maybe they will chime in, i know if its on g3, you can email it to me and i can import it to my g3 and watch it myself
Old 02-12-2007, 07:39 PM
FLYMIKE

ORIGINAL: diamondave

someone said you need to convert it somehow, maybe they will chime in, i know if its on g3, you can email it to me and i can import it to my g3 and watch it myself
Ive been trying to move them but they just wont move from my recordings. Its G3.5.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 PM
diamondave

i think there is an easier way, but if you go to your computer, then program files, then real flightg3, then there is a folder for recordings, you can copy and paste it to your documents, or other, then email it from there as an attachment, i also have g3.5
Old 02-19-2007, 05:33 PM
FLYMIKE

I sat here for hours triyng different ways to get it to post to rcuvids and it just says same thing everytime- invalid video format. Wish the moderator would come on and tell me how this works.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:23 PM
diamondave

its not in video format, the way i mentioned about emailing it to me, i would then import it into my g3, then play it from there, i cant play mine outside of the real flight program either, but you can email it and play it in the program, make any sense??
Old 03-19-2007, 10:52 PM
israelg48

I had trouble with them until i concentrated on the throttle management aspect and set up a good throttle curve on the Tx. I don't have any Vids yet, but i have some recordings from FsOne, although I'm not sure how to convert them, but i can send them to you if you have the sim. basically, lots of sim time to get used to the stick movements. think about them, don't just go gung-ho, and they will become second nature. make sure you practice to both sides (left is easier, as the plane's torque helps). throttle management is a biggie
Old 03-24-2007, 06:06 AM
paulsen

ORIGINAL: Kostas1

Please,
Thank's!
They cover the rolling harrier very well on page 1, and if you got time it goes on more about it into the thread.

I am able to do them now after much needed practice doing the fundamental manuvers that get you used to the input's needed to do a rolling harrier (slow roll's, rolling circles, and harriers of course). I practice on Realflight G2 and I needed to make alooooooooot of editing of my aircraft to make rolling harriers possibe (for me).

I have been practicing with the giant Edge 540, here are the edit's I did to make the rolling harriers alot easier for me.

1st I edited the prop to be 32X5 or 32X6 (I like 5 better all around),
2nd I enlarged the elevator surface to be 50% of chord,
3rd I made rud & ele throws bolth 50 degree's,
4th I increased aileron throws 2 degree's ,
5th I changed the airfoil of the wing from NACA 0013 to NACA 0020 (the fattest symetrical airfoil available) it's easy to roll harrier with, but NACA 0016 is pretty easy 1's you have learned and is better all around,
6th I changed the airfoil on bolth vertical and horizontal stableizers from NACA 0009 (a thin symetrical airfoil) to the "balsa flat stab" style
7th I moved the CG back .5"
8th I almost forgot the radio editing
a. increased all servo speed's to .11 sec
b. changed expo's to 90% ele, and 50% rud

I'm sure most people are using newer sim's by now, but this is the kind of stuff that helped me alot.

For G2 user's learning to torque roll You can turn off the rotational torque of your engine and practice hovering with out the plane rolling, this is how I learned to tourqe roll. Now I can torque roll right down on the deck with 100% rotational torque even in the wind.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:04 AM
David Brooks

Ok, I have now read this thread from beginning to end. Lots of good stuff in there.

Right now I just want to take a step back: Can someone suggest a progression of manouveres to start with? At the moment I can do the usual loops, hammerheads, snaps, spins, inverted, knife edge, etc. Where to from here? I was thinking slow rolls next. Is it worth learing rolling circles at flight speed before harriers etc? Would you recommend harriers before hovering etc?

I'm sure I'll figure it out anyway but just wondered if people had any advice.

Thanks

David
Old 03-26-2007, 03:23 AM
paulsen

I would say that slow roll's then rolling circle's (not at full speed but some where around 3/4 throttle or so there is a "sweet spot" from plane to plane) will open a whole new door for you, then you might want to go for rolling loop's from there. Hovering/torque rolling could actually be practiced before or after the rolling stuff, but I find that all the rud/ele inputs from the rolling manuver's sharpin's your thumb's for the hovering/torque rolling. Harriers are pretty uneventfull after that with the exception of inverted harrier's which will require reverse rudder inputs (no biggie).

The list is virtualy endless from here but I think this is an excellent place to start.

I just learned how to do rolling harriers so I still get a big involunary grin on my face when I do a slow high alfa rolling harrier strait down the runway. I am now working on transitioning from 1 manuver to the next, like from a blender to a rolling harrier. Which by the way I can not do yet, I am begining to think that Realflight G2 is not capable of doing blenders because I can do them in real life with my Electric Shock. So I am focusing on transitioning from torque roll's to rolling harriers ect...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:45 AM
diamondave

i learned hovering and then torque rolling, now working on rolling circles, i dont think it matters too much which you learn 1st, they both do require correct rudder inputs to get them right, which ever you prefer i think for 1st, tq/rolling is kinda like slow rolls in that the way you correct as it spins, ele, ruuder, opposite ele, opp rudder, etc... you will progress either way i think...
Old 04-08-2007, 07:30 PM
israelg48

Hey all, I have a bunch of FS1 videos that I've recorded with 3D maneuvers. the thing is, my computer is not fast enough to capture it with FRAPS and keep the frame rate looking good. If anyone would like to convert the FS1 vids and post them up here for everyone to see, please let me know. I can send you all the files for the video and you can take care of it. Here's a list of what I have recorded:

Wall
Wall with spoileron mix
waterfall
waterfall with flapperon mix
harrier
harrier with spoileron mix
harrier inverted
harrier inverted with spoileron mix
helicopter
terminator
parachute
parachute with flapperon mix
elevator
elevator with spoileron mix
blender
flat spin
flat spin inverted
roller coaster
harrier rolls
Knife Edge Harrier
Knife Edge Wall

I have a few more, I can't remember. Any more Ideas? let me know, i'll record them
Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 AM
sjc115
My Feedback: (4)

israelg48: I can't covert the videos for you, but I do have FSOne and would love to see them. Any chance I could get copies of them?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.