Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

EZ P51-D. Is it still available?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

EZ P51-D. Is it still available?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM
rajvirdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ P51-D. Is it still available?

Hi Guys

A few years ago a bought a used EZ P51 and fell in love with it. Unfortunately I had a small mishap and damaged the model. I gave it to a guy for repair and he disappeared!

I have spent the whole day on the web checking out if I can get another one

Can you help?

This is the model i'm on about

http://www.modelairplanenews.com/reviews/p-51d1.asp

Thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
catbutt

Default RE: EZ P51-D. Is it still available?

The EZ line does not still carry the P-51, to my knowledge, or if it does, it is not available in the US. I may be wrong, but I heard the manufacturer had a warehouse fire and lost everything, inluding the plans. I think EZ is still in business, but carry different planes now. The VQ line of aircraft has a P-51 D and B model Mustang, and I believe they are very similar to the EZ P-51. I have the D model myself and find it to be an excellent plane with great characteristics. I have seen some pictures of the EZ model and have compared it to the my VQ Mustang (both internaly and externaly) and find them both similar in most areas. There are some differences, but I think you would find it very close to your old EZ model. Look for yourself at [link=http://www.vqwarbirds.com/index.html]VQwarbirds.com[/link]
Old 02-07-2007, 05:37 AM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

I noticed someone is selling an old EZ kit on the BUY&SELL section under ARF airplanes. They're asking $395!![:@]
I agree with the VQ idea. I had a VQ P-51B and still have a VQ P-39 and they are great planes for the price. Lots of detail in the covering similar to the EZ kit and they come with retracts with struts already installed.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:18 AM
GAGAK

Hi Raj,

I think Singapore Hobby still have them in stock. Try contacting them thru e-mail, from my previous experiences with them, they are very prompt on the replies. Just keep in mind of the they're +8 hours from GMT. Here is the link to the EZ P51 --> [link]http://www.singahobby.com/okm06.html[/link]

Hisham
Old 02-10-2007, 01:26 PM
rajvirdee

Thanks for all your help.

Have tried Singapore hobbies, out of stock till mar/april and its gonna cost $500 - think im gonna stick with VQ. Tomas is brilliant at VQ warbirds.

Raj
Old 02-11-2007, 10:33 AM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

Raj

I suggest you contact OK models direct. The new models are a product of CHEAP Chinese labor and will not be anywheres near the cost you were quoted.

That said the VQ is a nice option as its a heck of a lot easier to at least get spare parts for them.

Good Luck

Tommy D

ORIGINAL: rajvirdee

Thanks for all your help.

Have tried Singapore hobbies, out of stock till mar/april and its gonna cost $500 - think im gonna stick with VQ. Tomas is brilliant at VQ warbirds.

Raj