Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

afterrun oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:03 AM
gordesky1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: afterrun oil

i been useing wd40 well diffrent name but the same stuff for a week now and my engine is runing smoother and starts better sense i been useing it

i spray some in the carb hole and in the hole were the spark plug goes and spin it over for 10 secs i do it every time after i run it.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:48 AM
starx5

my revo 3.3 lasted only 2 months with 22 tanks of fuel through,i put after run in it ,i used transmisson oil,and the motor had rust in it and collapsed the main bearing and stuffed my motor ,i have hypers and they are ok, what is the best after run gear to put through the engine? traxxas wouldnt replace the engine ,they told me i didnt maintain it ,but i did................has anyone any views on this
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
125cchyperman

Well if there's rust in the motor then I dont think they will replace it. Unless the engine came with rust in it, which may be possible, but I have never expericened brand new engine come with any type of rust anywhere.

So Now I'm not saying that you didnt take care of it but the rust had to happen somewhere. I'm guessing that you can see where I'm coming from and if you can see where I'm coming from traxxas is probably seeing it the same way as me. There would have to have been a ton of rust in the engine, now bearing break, I experienced this once before and it was my inner crank bearing that broke. Now I was lucky and nothing happened, I have no idea how nothing happend bt nothing did. But if the bearing broke I believe it was a bearing failure more then any type of rust, now rust will also harm an engine but a inner crank case bearing failure will deffinately harm an engine.

You can probably find a engine on ebay or part for it on ebay. As far as using ARO I highly reccomend it, it's cheap insurance and it works quite well, WD-40 does stand for Water Displacement formula 40. But I do not reccoment using it as it destroys the O-Rings in your engine and causes air leaks. Nobody want air leaks in your engine. As far as using it I use it when I am not going to run my engine for at least 4 or more days. Rust does not form overnight, but it does form after so many days, so be careful.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definently use it ! I don't use it in my planes, and I have to replace bearings every year. I use it in the Revo cause it's easier to get to the intake on it, and in 3 years, no bearing trouble yet.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Nason

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: green 1

i have some you run in the fuel 1 cap per quart for 5 bucks you couldnt make me use wd 40 its garbage i cant think of much its good for o yea when my hands are really greasy from a car spray it on your hands and it cleans em rite up its great dont have to go get soap as for this i think when im done runnin ill put alittle mix in tank and run it out then it will get oil on wrist pin and crank journal rather than drops throuhh top that wont get wrist pin and end brngs. this is what i think so take what sounds good and you know what to do with the rest thanks for your ear have fun [green 1]

[link=http://www.twbc.org/wd40.htm]click this[/link]

punctuation is your(and especially our) friend......
Old 02-07-2007, 06:55 PM
mike54937

WOW!!!! That is a lot of uses for WD40! [X(] Anyway, I don't understand why this thread was even started, why wouldn't you use ARO? Its the most simple thing to do & it only takes a minute. Its like an insurance plan for your motor. I just really like to take good care of the things I have and its not like these are cheap little toys we're talking about here. Come on, don't be lazy and throw a few drops in at the very least. I honestly don't think WD40 is the way to go but, I have used it in a pinch, when I have run out of ARO but, I make sure to pick some up as soon as I realize I'm out and then put some in the engine. IMO its a great habit to get into. Just my .02
Old 02-08-2007, 01:00 AM
gettnbetter

The idea behind after-run is to purge the crankcase and cylinder of all nitro. Nitro will absorb moisture directly from the air, thats why folks have rusted internals and bearings. It can take as little as a couple days to sieze an engine if the nitro gets wet. WD-40 is perfect. WD-40 is not a lube, it's a moisture barrier. There aren't many products that perform the same function and a couple drops of after run oil isn't going to do anything to prevent the nitro remaining in the engine from soaking up water.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:33 AM
starx5

has anyone got proof that wd40 stuffs up seals etc ? what i am going to do from now on is flush the motors with wd40 with plug out and flush with transmission fluid...........IS TRANSMISSION FLUID THE SAME AS AFTER RUN FLUID ? freeonthree-did you have trouble with seals using wd40 ?