Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini LST

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Kokopelli06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini LST

Got some new goodies for my MSLT. Got in a wreck about a month ago, the integy body posts (probably the only thing intedy makes that doesnt break[:-])broke strait through the stock shock towers So i got some Hot Racing shock towers and to fix the steering problems, i got the GPM steering assembly.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Racing T

wow those hot racing towers look really well made, very cool.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Frozen72

Wow the body post don't bend knowing integy they would have bent while you were putting the body clips on. Great pics of the stock red Mini-LST.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Racing T

is integy really that bad??
Old 02-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Kokopelli06

from what i've heard
Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 PM
carmatic1

heheh at least you didnt get the integy shock towers, one guy got them and there isnt even a place for the body clips to go
anyone with stock side gears in their viscous diffs ran their trucks yet? how are they holding up... pretty reluctant to run my own truck , cuz if i run on asphalt i'll sacrifice my claw tires, if i run on grass i'll have to pick little worms and snail things and lots of mud and grass out from under the wheels and chassis(been really rainy lately), and i dont have anywhere else to run.... i would like some 1/10 scale non-racing tires that isnt too thick compared to the stock tires, and 1/10 wheels that dont need the stock axle to be any longer than it is...
Old 02-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Racing T

I really dont think that the claw tires will wear out too much on the aspalth, I have been running mines for almost a year in the road and they still have thread left.

PD: you actually have to pick live worms out of your mini lst? lol
Old 02-14-2007, 07:57 PM
nitroracer20

good newsssss-
finally shimmed up both my diffs (instead of the small rubber o-ring)s and they work properly. Great when you have to modify a product thats classified as an upgrade. NOw if only i didnt break my wheel!!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:31 PM
carmatic1

hey nitroracer20, i take that as a 'yes' to what im doing as actually working?

and yeah, you cant imagine what kind of cr@p that i have to deal with after each run, especially at the rear lower skidplate... the thing is its not just grass above soil and my mlst rolling over it all, its all mixed up in the terrain with who knows what thrown in, and the rear skidplate is basically preening anything thats on the grass and they end up at the rear of the chassis....
to help with this ive bought an http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...105-detail.htm esp bumper that im gonna put in the rear... yup ive bought the last one over at killer... im hoping that sloped inner section will stop the chassis acting like a scoop

youve been running your claw tires for a year under what kind of power.... my gpm tires look pristine with a center balldiff after half a dozen runs, once the center spool and viscous diffs went in ,you could see wear straight away after a single test run... which was coincidentally also enough to show that the particular gear mod i was testing at the time didnt do the trick...
Old 02-15-2007, 12:08 AM
FRENCHBLUE72

I skimed throught the pages thinking that someone had ran 2 trinnity baja motors on there mlst and did not see it has anyone done this?
Old 02-15-2007, 03:25 AM
gettnbetter

ORIGINAL: Racing T

is integy really that bad??
I read all the negative comments but the Integy Mini-LST carbon chassis kit costs less than the Losi factory carbon on my Mini-LST. I found the carbon pieces to be nearly perfect. The transmission went in a little tight but the hole was square and caused no issues. I have no complaints.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Frozen72

I'm not so sure about the quality of the CF but I know that the alloy it really bad.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:20 PM
brushless

It really depends on how much stress is going to be put on a particular part. I don't think any part is under that much stress on the Mini-LST compared to larger trucks like the LST2. When you get to those larger parts, you can really tell the strength of different alloys.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:16 PM
nitroracer20

yeah carmatic, theu work perfectly now. If I didnt break my wheel, I cuold have gave them a good workout. Hopefully this solves everything, but its looking good so far!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Racing T

ORIGINAL: carmatic1

hey nitroracer20, i take that as a 'yes' to what im doing as actually working?

and yeah, you cant imagine what kind of cr@p that i have to deal with after each run, especially at the rear lower skidplate... the thing is its not just grass above soil and my mlst rolling over it all, its all mixed up in the terrain with who knows what thrown in, and the rear skidplate is basically preening anything thats on the grass and they end up at the rear of the chassis....
to help with this ive bought an http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...105-detail.htm esp bumper that im gonna put in the rear... yup ive bought the last one over at killer... im hoping that sloped inner section will stop the chassis acting like a scoop

youve been running your claw tires for a year under what kind of power.... my gpm tires look pristine with a center balldiff after half a dozen runs, once the center spool and viscous diffs went in ,you could see wear straight away after a single test run... which was coincidentally also enough to show that the particular gear mod i was testing at the time didnt do the trick...

with brushless power.. but not to much a mamba 4200 + 2 cell lipo.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:23 AM
carmatic1

well im really glad to say that ive just finished my first ever battery pack with a spool... ever, not even when the spool was the only thing i changed in the truck a year ago, but then again i didnt know about shimming and i was doing reverse-forward kicks to try to wheelie....
last worked on my truck on sunday, its just been sitting there cuz ive been kinda busy and also i was getting kinda sick of working on it whenever it broke, thankfully it didnt break this time
Old 02-17-2007, 03:09 AM
Racing T

so your shiming and stock side gears work?
Old 02-17-2007, 11:00 AM
brushless

Hey guys. We recently added the CAW extended chassis package from Racers Edge. We are only getting 18 of these in stock next week and once they run out, we won't be offering them again. Grab them while you can! I know I'm taking one out for myself, especially since you can use the larger HS-81 servos in it!!

[link=http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/team-losi/team-losi-mini-lst/racers-edge-mini-lst-hop-ups/racers-edge-mini-lst-extended-chassis-with-braces-for-hs-81-servos-rce9753-detail.htm]Racers Edge CAW extended chassis package[/link]
Old 02-18-2007, 12:43 AM
carmatic1

can i just grab a front skidplate? i need another one to complete the chassis i have lying right here... the last one bent out, again

have you tried actually putting the chassis together and seeing if it comes together smoothly? if its a milestone better than the 2 or 3 chasses i bought , then i might just buy another one simply cuz it works properly and i dont have to hammer the chassis parts into the correct shape... of course i would also like some fundemental changes to be made to the chassis like having none of those decorative holes on the skidplate,but thats another thing altogether...
Old 02-18-2007, 09:14 AM
brushless

We won't be selling the parts separately. Sorry.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:21 AM
FRENCHBLUE72

Been running my mini lst for a week and the pars have started to fail so I ordered new stuff for it.

4 new ib1400 battery packs.........stock on caught on fire

front and rear viscious diffs

new center slipper.....

Now I have almost enough money into this one that I could have bought the savage I wanted.....
Old 02-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: FRENCHBLUE72

I skimed throught the pages thinking that someone had ran 2 trinnity baja motors on there mlst and did not see it has anyone done this?
Do you mean, Trinity Baja motor (is there such a thing)? Could you give me a link to the motor?

Are you talking about this? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFWS4&P=RF
Old 02-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: carmatic1

can i just grab a front skidplate? i need another one to complete the chassis i have lying right here... the last one bent out, again

have you tried actually putting the chassis together and seeing if it comes together smoothly? if its a milestone better than the 2 or 3 chasses i bought , then i might just buy another one simply cuz it works properly and i dont have to hammer the chassis parts into the correct shape... of course i would also like some fundemental changes to be made to the chassis like having none of those decorative holes on the skidplate,but thats another thing altogether...
Carmatic1, a while back did you say that the CAW chassis for the Mini LST was so easy to bend you could bend it with your hands? It could of been somebody els but I have heard that it is very weak...
Old 02-18-2007, 07:52 PM
pimptruck

Hey i'm getting a MLST tomorrow, and I know that I need to boil the gears. How do I do this? I read about somewhere, but I can't find that thread anymore. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:12 PM
jpoirier

OK....ran my M-LST for the first time since putting in the Mamba 6800 and quark ESC....THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!!! I think the next thing I need to do is put the Vicious Diff kit in it. Also added a Spektrum Radio and SR3000 reveicer.....absolutely AWSOME!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.