Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 tq sport RTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
GoldenPoint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 tq sport RTR

Hey i just read the article in RC driver with the new Hyper 7 tq sport RTR

i was wondering if i shoud get it

does anyone here already have it? or has ever seen one? you think its raceable?

i would have to sell my xtm nitro x-cellerator to get this. It would be my first buggy

thanks
Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
redfox03

Default RE: Hyper 7 tq sport RTR

it's the exact same thing as the Hyper 7 TQ SPORT kit. only it comes with the red stuff (rims, wing, etc). yeah you can race it, but u might want to drop a .21 in it if you want to try to make it up to the expert class. i have the kit version of it (it's in my models), and i like it. you will need turnbuckles for it up front though, it only comes with rods.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:56 PM
jonnymac

I Have the kit also. Its been well upgraded from stock but its a tough buggy and is perfectly raceable. There are better buggies out there but not really at that price. Plenty of upgrade potential on it. I run either a hyper 8 port or an OS RG 21 in it. upgrades from stock will be the steering servo, receiver pack, turnbuckles all roundf and CNC chassis braces. I have since put in carbon fibre bits,CNC steering knuckles, CVD's all round, a decent pipe and a few other bits and bobs.
Overall I'm very happy with it. I've had it over a year and very little has broken on it.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
redfox03

i got mine is november of last year for $180.00 off of acehardwarehobbies.com. couldn't beat the price, so i got it. so far i've just put in turnbuckles and changed the throttle/brake linkage to one that is more easily adjustable (i think it's a dynamite throttle/brake linkage). i've got a Werks Team line B3 .21 engine coming next week thursday. servos are coming soon, because right now i just put some cheapos in there so i could get it set up.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:06 PM
lachy1

awesome buggy, this was my first buggy aswell and i got it 3 months ago and couldnt be happier, just a few tips if you do buy it

1. buy a temp monitor /infrared gun thingy, it makes tuning 10x easier.
2. Get new CVD shafts before you use it , i broke one and found out that they have a new design for the replacement part which doesnt break as easily.

The stock engine is pretty good , although i have run about 30 tanks and im wanting something more now. The parts do break, like most buggies, especially when you run into things, make sure your local hobby shop has a good selection of hyper 7 parts, trust me , you dont want to be waiting 1 week to get a part from hong kong everytime you break something

enjoy, i would give this buggy a 8.5/10 ,
Old 02-23-2007, 11:55 PM
GoldenPoint

well i live in so cal i have a hobby shop on every corner

as for racing if i do do it itd only be local im not planning on going pro or anything

thanks for the comments so far!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:45 AM
lachy1

no worries mate, let us know if you are wondering about anything else
Old 02-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Coopz

They are good value, but they are hardly 'new'. The Hyper 7 has been 1 around for years.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:35 AM
lachy1

ORIGINAL: Coopz

They are good value, but they are hardly 'new'. The Hyper 7 has been 1 around for years.

agreed, still one of the best entry level buggies around. I would buy this buggy then when you have about a year of experience upgrade, thats if you feel the need to.
When parts break i rarely get the stock parts so your are always upgrading it anyway

so far i am using a new

servo
pullstart
engine (in a few days)
cvd shaft

and i have only run 3 litres with it.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:00 AM
_hyper7_

i got a hyper 7 tq sport at christmas and i love it.it is fast, reliable and i would say you would be able to race it.mos of the parts on it are already aluminium, im not sure if mines is the rtr but it came fully built and had a .21 turbo engine in it as standard
Old 02-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Da Smak
Banned

I've been running Hyper 7s for over 4 years in all guises, they are without doubt the most supported buggy worldwide and the simplest to maintain due to their basic and reliable design. The ultimate starter buggy that has also proven itself at the 2004 Worlds where it TQ'ed but got DQ'ed because the driver was French.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 PM
damian.in.sa

waiting til frenchy reads the above post.... hehe