Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Cape Cod area

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Wannago100+

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cape Cod area

Looking for anyone in Mass close to or on the Cape. I run a Shockwave 36 on the pond but am looking for other boats to join me, Kalamazoo is just too far for me, sorry Ron.
Oh yea, no real hurry on this as waiting for the ice to melt, but winter building is fun too.

Bryan
Old 02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Cape Cod area

I run with a group who run gas boats. We typically run in Wareham (Cnr of 195 and 495 by the cell tower).

A few of the guys come from the Cape to run. Drop me an e-mail - justaddwata@ Gmail.com for more info
Old 02-15-2007, 08:13 AM
blizard05

I live in Plymouth,also run in Wareham
Old 02-24-2007, 08:10 PM
dabo12367

Hi, My name is David Barclay. I recently bought a Shockwave 55 SS. Never seen water yet. I live in Duxbury just off exit 10. Looking to getting invovled in the hobby and looking for a freshwater pond or lake ideal for rc racing. email is [email protected]. Drop me a line.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Will Sgarlat

Wannago - I live in Centerville, MA and run boats in Marstons Mills. I' in process of replacing all my old radio batteries for insurance against radio failure. I'll have a coupla .15 and 3.5 boats ready to go soon. I want to try out electric to reduce the wicked noise the fast boats make. The Cape should be pretty rich pickings for ponds, I've heard that there are 360 ponds between Sagamore and Provincetown! Where do you go?
Will
Old 02-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Blackjack52

Try Buzzards Bay (on the west side of the canal) before getting on the Bourne Bridge. If you need stretching space for your boat, this will accomodate. From the Sagamore Bridge, take the first exit and go to the rotary. Then go across the Bourne Bridge (going west).
Old 02-26-2007, 10:12 AM
dabo12367

Thanks Blackjack, I'll check it out. David
Old 05-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Hiaboo

I live in Chatham during the summer when school is out... I just got two boats so I'll be running those around locally. Maybe even take it out on the big pond to catch some air but we all know how wonderful saltwater is to things!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you guys out there in Eastern Mass should get together and form a club or just come out of the woodwork. Then get involved in NAMBA District 11 heat racing. The first race of the season is in Sanford, Maine on May 19. Then come to my clubs first of two annual District 11 race on June 9th in Mansfield Hollow State Park in Connecticut. Unless you are afraid to come out and show us what you've got . We race all nitro and gas classes in both hydro and Mono provided enough of each class (Min 3 boats) registers for a race.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Namba is all good and well John. But most of the guys I run with are not in it for the race. Been to a few races and you guys are a little intense at times. Can be intimidating for someone new too. And some huge egos on and off the water (just a few - by no means everyone though). I know theres plenty of fun to be had with NAMBA. But theres plenty of fun to be had without it too.

Pic from when we were allowed to run at the old Edaville Railroad site in Carver.

[link=http://groups.msn.com/JustaddwatasRCBoats/july17thcarverma.msnw?Page=1]Pics from another day running in Carver[/link]

[link=http://www.justaddwata.com/RC_Boat_Photos.php]All these pics were taken in Canton Mass - [/link]

A [link=http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQAiD74XEanjCG07sIbpxlKNZPZKG2cpPIsfKZ!2BzragqEbP sbmPo1OCaW6oWn0!eDbxGD*cjgbgozCHr!uOELXZqi9ZfriNYv gmBfy!1BoFbE7tNCCTg/Matt06.jpg?dc=4675621726755005104]pic from last year of JRCBD ID guys taken by the Cell tower at the end of 195 in Wareham [/link](a few are members here too) Fact is that collectively this group has more boats than most NAMBA turnouts

For many of us it is not about racing. If you look at the Canton pics above - most all boats are not NAMBA legal. I drive around 90 miles each way to run with them and it is worth every mile for the fun.

Will have to catch one of the CT races soon though.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

Will have to catch one of the CT races soon though.
I hope you can do that. Yes there are some intense boaters out there but that comes out due to the increased pressure of racing. For the most part, any one of the guys will give you any help you need and they all recognize the need for helping new boaters. There's a world of difference between open running and having to drive on a course with other boats next to you. It'll put hair on your throttle hand.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:01 AM
blizard05

The Wareham pond is in great shape,come on down,and check it out. We run on Sunday. Every one is welcome