Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

bit of help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
j.moore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bit of help please

i own a cyclone pro which i had out today when i first started the engine it was running fine i let it heat up before opening the throttle but after a few minutes it started dieing on full throttle and when i took the throttle off it was fine but its been running fine before so dont think its to rich or lean any advice? il upload a video soon so you can see it and listen

heres the video isnt the best but u can slightly hear it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CZXIevYx1E
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bit of help please

These car that run on nitro methan have to be tuned all the time .You can have it running just fine one day and then take it out the next day and it will fall right down on it's face. So these changes can be caused by weather and al kinds of things. A guy told me one time you will be tuning your car all the time no matter what. So it sounds like you are having a flame out maybe you are to rich try leaning it out just a little bit and see what happens. You will find when you get it running just right, you can tune it right around those settings so it would be a little lean or a little rich not that much but a enough to make it run funny. So give it a try and see what happens and all ways make small adjustments at a time and have the motor at a good running temp.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Mike2002

From the video that you posted it sounds like you are running fairly lean. The weather definitely does make a difference and they really do need to be tuned each and every time out .
Old 03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
bennyblanco

yeah you running to lean try your low needle.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm
read it, it should help you alot
Old 03-08-2007, 04:13 AM
j.moore

okay thanks alot i knew the weather effected them but didnt no i had to keep adjusting the needle thanks