Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

picco help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
screamin chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picco help

I have a .26 max Picco, I have changed the fuel line taken the carb apart and cleaned it, I still have to blow fuel through the line, and even when I do that the line is not full, oh I also have a new tank......
Old 02-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Beasley1

Default RE: picco help

I have that same problem. I figured it was the pipe I am running. This is what I have(Imex). What pipe are you running? Oh and I know thats my old 3.3 motor before I got the picco. It worked fine for that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46239.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	627946  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Om34428.jpg (112.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Kawasakirider

Once the fuel is reaching the carb does the picco run properly? If so it isn't an engine problem. I always blow in the line, just to save time. When you try to get fuel to the carb without blowing how are you doing it? You need to crank the engine over with your FINGER ON THE STINGER, otherwise it will take foreverl to get there, sometimes it won't even get there. Hope this helps.

Trent.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:33 AM
quinnell51

I dont have any problem with starting, carb or anything else with my os 18tmebmod. And the picco is such a great motor huh? Hmmm.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Kawasakirider

Yes, the picco is a great motor. It could be his pipe lacks the pressure to push the fuel to the carb, you don't know his set up, so stop dissing the picco, coz mine would spank yours all day long, the truth is, both are great engines but your comments have no place here.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
quinnell51

Bring it!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Kawasakirider

Oh man. When was the last time your revo flipped over in loose dirt when it hit second gear running 16/36? I'm not going to get into a flame war, but a properly set up stock picco .26 max and a properly set up EB mod 18 tm, the picco will still win. I am getting my picco AB modded when I get the money, flips over any time in second gear and the top end is stupid, GPS says 50.7 MPH with a modded picco .26 max.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:57 AM
quinnell51

I dont have a revo. Mines a tmaxx 3.3. 22/56 gearing. I cant keep the front tires on the ground hardly at all. Im getting a radar gun and beleive me I'll get back to you on the top speed! Or if you want come on over and give it a go.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Kawasakirider

OK this is where the fun stops, I'm not even going to start on why my REVO would beat your tmaxx with an 18...................
Old 02-23-2007, 03:50 PM
F-150man94

Hey Kawi, you're fightin a loosing battle. quinnell drives a T-Maxx. We all know it won't race like a Revo. His profile says he has 15 years of building and 15 years of driving and he is an expert driver. His favorite car/truck is a T-Maxx. He also uses Blue Thunder. Who still uses Blue Thunder Fuel if they have been in RC that long? Generally thats what noobs use because its in the Hobby shop and thats what they buy.

Plus every time he posts a comment, he always says something about the dang O.S. ebmod. I'm not saying it's not a good motor. I ran a TM and O.S. makes a great motor......but there is no way it will touch a Picco. Everyone that owns the .26 just kinda laughs when an uneducated person thinks otherwise.

Again, I have absolutley nothing against the T-Maxx but is he has been doing this for 15 years, he (more than likely) would have another truck of choice. I've only been into it for 4 years and seeing a Revo or Jammin on a track will change your mind quick about the ol' T-Maxx.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:11 PM
screamin chicken

It ran fine, I have not cranked it for about 3 months.I checked the carb no build up.I can blow through the gas line , with it on or off the carb.I have taken the carb apart and can blow through it.When I pull the cord it just does not feed the fuel......
Old 02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
quinnell51

The tmaxx is my first nitro truck. I've had a blue eagle for 14 years before that. Thats the reason it is my favorite truck. I'm just really impreesed with my motor. Everyone else around me is too. I am thinking of getting a truggy soon or a revo cause your'e right the tmaxx is not a race truck but I drive the hell out of it the best way I can.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Kawasakirider

F-150 and I are not disputing the fact that the eb mod 18 tm is a killer engine, because it makes exceptional power, but racing 2 identical trucks, both set up correctly, one with picco and one with an eb mods 18 tm, the picco would eat it. I'm staying out of this thread if this continues.

Man, if you can get your engine to start and it keeps running after it has started, I'd just blow in the exhaust hose, I do it anyway. Are you putting your finger over the stinger when you crank the engine over to get fuel into the carb? When the engine is started does the fuel keep flowing? What pipe are you running?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:50 PM
screamin chicken

I am putting my finger on the pipe, and I am running the Trinity pipe.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Kawasakirider

Replace the lines, if that doesn't work, just continue to blow in it as long as it runs fine when it's started.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:38 PM
kvg20

I have a picco .26 on my maxx and i couldn't keep the front end down. So i decided to put a 22th clutch bell with a 72th spur. I still can't keep the front down and know i can't hit second gear. Is there any tricks on how to get it to shift. I was thing of getting a softer spring in my trannys clutch housing so that black leaver will come up and grab the second gear. Traxxas said that im not creating enuff gear spead for that centrifical clutch to engage second gear . ANY IDEAS!!!