Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

MANTIS

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:27 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: MANTIS

ya it's been real quiet latley there are only 2 people around here that have them me and a friend of mine. the only problem's i've seen so far are the servo's,servo horn's (if your bashing) and radio,servo's,tires if your racing and possably upper arm's. i've beat on mine pretty good so far with endo's,flip's,cartwheel's ect and nothing's broke. needles to say i'm very happy with it for the money. i went fron an lst2 to this so i was expecting more breakage but so far so good. spring is coming and hopfully we'll start to hear more about it as more people get it. check out ultimatehobbies.com i think they will ship anywhere in the world.

whoop's ultimate does not take international order's. sorry.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63640.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	623858  
Old 02-18-2007, 01:07 AM
phoenixevolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already looked at ultimatehobbies & indeed they don't ship internationally. Tower has them but dearer in price. Being an RTR naturally you get rid of stock servos & radio to utilise your own. Good to hear that yours is doing well fourwheels, I will be using mine when I get one for racing only as thats what it was designed for IMO.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:37 AM
stugots

this truggy looks cool ran about two tanks then that snow came looking forward to the spring [MUD!] and ya steering servo is pooched. is there any hopups yep peoples or the cash can stay in the pocket. lol
Old 03-15-2007, 11:06 AM
bigboi328

yea check out their web site---i think its robitronics racing---
Old 03-15-2007, 06:52 PM
sunco1

no just robitronic.com
Old 03-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Coopz

Any diff between the pro and the RTR version? (other than the pro costs more and doesn't come with subpar radio gear).
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 AM
stugots

thanks guys i will cheak it out, you guys do any hopups to the mantis
Old 03-16-2007, 01:31 PM
sunco1

ill trade someone my revo 3.3 for a mantis
Old 03-16-2007, 03:06 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

i've got mine and i love the handling...switching out the axial for a nova top p5x modded by dadders...i can't wait to run this thing...should be plenty fast now...i may even gear up a little to compensate for the added power! ya know and fourwheels that st-r body looks better than the stock imo....i might have to pick one up, haha but it'll look to much like kyosho since i am running the st-r rims soon haha...also i got a couple of the upgraded parts...that i need to install...after i go run around the track today imma come home and clean her up and install all my upgraded parts including the more agreesive steering setup...I really do love this truck...can't wait to break in the p5x
Old 03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
absolute76

I just picked up my Mantis about 3 weeks ago and love it. The Axial .28 is a good engine easy to start and easy to tune. After blowing the stock steering servo, I replaced both the throttle and steering servos with JR650's. So, far it's a good basher, but haven't taken it to the track yet. Here's a link to a video from a couple of weeks ago. I know the driving sucks, but the steering servo was already starting to go.

NewKid-Do you run at Crystal Park?

[link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=iqVwTbVM4vg]Bashing in Oceanside[/link]
Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 AM
absolute76

Here are some pics of my Mantis with the new shocks and the JR servos. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 AM
stugots

hey absulute76, igot a mantis to got it for xmas, i just broke it in and the winter came so i had to put it away. i had to change the gears in the servo because they stiriped but other then that i thought it was a cool trug. what kind of shocks are they and is there any hopup yet
Old 03-22-2007, 07:36 PM
absolute76

I'm using shocks made by CEN it's part number GSS09, I believe it's for their MT. Anyways, if you do use them, I went with the shorter shock end due to binding. Also, I had to change the shock position. On the shock tower I moved the mount over one hole in and on the lower arm I moved it out.

As for hop ups they have new CNC shock towers, which are thicker and more mounting positions. They also have aluminum steering blocks and hub carriers, of course they're anodized red. Also, I believe they have a CF radio tray. Ultimate Hobbies carries a lot of spares and the hop ups. You can go to ultimatehobbies.com, but they're site is kind of hard to navigate or give them a call.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:23 AM
stugots

thanks ABSOLUTE76, I WILL TRY THAT
Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Coopz

Any diff between the RTR and the pro version other than the radio/engine?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:28 AM
fourwheels0

there is no pro version.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Mullethead

Just got my new Mantis and in try to break in the engine it runs really hot I have the high speed needle just about all the way out. The factory setting was about 2 1/2. Any suggestions on how to get this baby to cool down? What are your needle settings? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:32 PM
fourwheels0

2 1/2-3 turns out should be fine. keep the temp between 220-270 and you be good.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:07 AM
john dewey

Hi all! after not having or not being involved in this hobby now I am back. Newbie in the truggy but used to have a nitro rustler when it first came out which is a while back. Anyway i now have what you guys have as well & picking mine up at my LHS this wednesday. First of I was orginally getting a crt rtr until i stumbled upon the mantis. I love the way it looks! and how simple yet tunable the layout is. Researched it more online and I was sold. I noticed on here though that its been getting alot of cold shoulders but I do not really mind that plus I like taking some risks here and there. Looking forward to learn from you guys in the near future" thumbs up"

cheers!
Old 05-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Townsley

hey..how does this truggy compare to the other truggy's ( matrix tr, xut, or lsp?) is it competative on the track? is it durable and raceable? or is it more for just bashing and not competition? im lookin into gettin a truggy and maybe the matnis. but anyway what do you think about it and can it handle jumps and durable? thanks =]
Old 05-20-2007, 11:24 AM
SPRracing

got a mantis truggy in a trade and so far it looks to be a great truggy the only thindg is getting parts for it seem to be alittle hard as tower has like every single part for the truck on back order but other then that this is probly the best entry level to mid grade truggy out there cant wait to race it
Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM
john dewey

Since this is my first truggy i cant really compare it to others, other than that I enjoy tinkering with it and bashing it. Gripes that i have are the brakes though. I ripped the front pads easily and had to replace it. Any of you here have issues with braking? just curious. I bash with a buddy of mine with a 1/8 Losi 8 buggy and i have a slight edge on him mid and topend hehe. things i have changed are bell housing,went to a 15. Also changed the steering to a hi torque digi futaba and moved my stock steering servo to the throttle. Over all been truckin ever since.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
SPRracing

anyone know were i can get parts for this truck i have looked all over the place and it seems like nobody has them
Old 05-22-2007, 08:41 AM
trackman

ultimate hobbies has parts for the mantis. not all but some.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:52 AM
slicks

Has anyone (other than TrackMan -- we live in the same city) gone thru steering servos on the Mantis? I loosened up the servo-saver (maybe not enough?). Just this past weekend my son and I were running at a local track and he creamed the steering servo. I have a futaba S9350 on it and i expected it to last longer (new gears on the way). Now in defense of the vehicle, my son hasn't run an rc in about 4 years and did hit almost everything on the track!

My buggy front end takes a beating and I don't have problems with that steering servo crunching. So my question is why does this happen on the truggies? Is this a common problem with all truggies and the steering geometry/design and bigger tires? Is there a fix?

I am going to loosen up the on-board servo saver more and see if I can find a saver that fits on the servo itself -- maybe that will help. I guess the only other thing to do is not let my son run it anymore either???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.