Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Have U Seen A Buggy Pass At 82MPH???? Links Fixed Check It Out!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Have U Seen A Buggy Pass At 82MPH???? Links Fixed Check It Out!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:01 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Have U Seen A Buggy Pass At 82MPH???? MORE VIDS ADDED!!!!

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

You should get a body molded for the buggy.

weve bein CRAZY hopeing to find a lola body that would fit!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
marshon50
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hasn't it been a week...where are more vids w/ the Radar gun? I read thru 4 pages of trash talkin to see the vids with the radar gun and ....nothing. Come on man, put up or shut up. I'm not saying you're wrong, just back up what you said. From looking at the videos they didn't seem as fast as you claimed, but I want to be wrong. Show me the Radar!!! please.

A hobby should be something you enjoy and the fact that you and your friends are having a good time is cool w/ me. Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else. For me, I'd rather flip channels between golf, bowling, and synchronized swimming
Old 03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Presence

I read the first part of this thread and saw the RS4 clocked over 100mph...I saw the youtube video, and the car was just SICK!!! it was FASSSSSSSSSSST!!!!!!!!!!!
so my question is...what mods were made to get that car so fast...i have an rs4 and clocked it at 57mph
thx guys
Old 03-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, you're better off asking this in the on-road nitro thread, there's a guy on there called Miami Jato who drags and has some pretty fast cars. His latest completed project is an HPI RS4 racer 2. The 2 being the important thing, it was a belt drive. With the RS4 3 HPI decided to go shaft driven for some reason, and stopped producing the more competition oriented 'racer' kits. Probably because the same year, they came out with a pure competition car, the R40. This chap in the on-road forum has fitted a big block engine to this racer 2 and probably very tall gearing. I believe he references the same video you are talking about at the bottom of the thread...here's the link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5519457/tm.htm
Old 03-23-2007, 04:10 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: marshon50

Hasn't it been a week...where are more vids w/ the Radar gun? I read thru 4 pages of trash talkin to see the vids with the radar gun and ....nothing. Come on man, put up or shut up. I'm not saying you're wrong, just back up what you said. From looking at the videos they didn't seem as fast as you claimed, but I want to be wrong. Show me the Radar!!! please.

A hobby should be something you enjoy and the fact that you and your friends are having a good time is cool w/ me. Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else. For me, I'd rather flip channels between golf, bowling, and synchronized swimming

id love to show you more videos but at the moment we are not running since the park where we race at has bein converted to the DADE COUNTY YOUTH FAIR (comes once a year) we race every wensday night after 8PM till about 1 oe 2 am and a huge park............but the fair opened up on march 16th ( the day before we race so we wherent allowed in) this week we where not allowed in and next we we wont be either............the fair ends mach 31 SO aprial 4th is when ill take some videos for ur guys (with radar guns) ....................sorry its taking so long but we have completely forgot about this stupid fair and we have no where else to run!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Pacific Planes

I thought that was pretty sweet. I would like to see some other vids.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:17 AM
boltech

Even if you get that video with the radar gun people will deny the gun is accurate and then more trash talk will begin.

best idea is to get one of those bluetooth micro GPS units and somehow strap it under the lexan. Then all you need is a laptop
with an extended range BT antenna and something like MS streets and trips running. The added weight of the gps unit (150g - 300g) will lower your top speed, but if you came back with both the radar and gps readings in or around 82MPH then there is no denying your buggy's capabilities.

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

id love to show you more videos but at the moment we are not running since the park where we race at has bein converted to the DADE COUNTY YOUTH FAIR (comes once a year) we race every wensday night after 8PM till about 1 oe 2 am and a huge park............but the fair opened up on march 16th ( the day before we race so we wherent allowed in) this week we where not allowed in and next we we wont be either............the fair ends mach 31 SO aprial 4th is when ill take some videos for ur guys (with radar guns) ....................sorry its taking so long but we have completely forgot about this stupid fair and we have no where else to run!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 PM
MiamizFinest

Default RE: Have U Seen A Buggy Pass At 82MPH???? Links Fixed Check It Out!!

Just Bumping since i fixed the links i had no idea they didnt work!!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

46U i agree with the radar gun error......but weve radared these buggy's hundreds and hundreds of times all those times CANT BE WRONG!!!!!
Well if the gun is set up wrong then they WILL all be wrong, but those passes in the first video did not look any quicker than 70Mph.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:28 PM
DavidKirkbride

those cars are going no where near 100 mph, i wouldnt even say 70mph - 60 at max.. sorry boys but i think ure radar gun is messed. it would take a competition engine and a very light car with some insanely high gearing to push 100mph
Old 03-29-2007, 12:11 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: DavidKirkbride

those cars are going no where near 100 mph, i wouldnt even say 70mph - 60 at max.. sorry boys but i think ure radar gun is messed. it would take a competition engine and a very light car with some insanely high gearing to push 100mph

bro this guy has no idea whats goin on..................the only car doin 100 MPH is the small one in the part where it says 100 MPH and that is a super light HPI RS2 with a RB modded novarrossi 35-21 motor with a 26/36 gearing and foam tires off a 1/8 scale car..........(taller for more top end) the things doesn even have a hump pack the servos run off a small lipo battery..............the rest are buggying passing at 80 and 82 MPH..........
Old 03-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Miami Jato

yeah, I know, these guys don't have a clue whats going on, even if the buggys are running at 70, which they are, I think Miami has broken a record, cause until we told people and showed people, what we have done to buggys, and making them run as fast as they do . No one, No one, has done what we have to buggys and rs4's for that matter. I can understand why people dont believe us, believe me, I do . I told everyone down here there not going to believe us in our speeds. But, I can tell you the rs4's are running at high 90's 100's for sure. I know video, video, I will get some video of my racer when its ready for the street. A buggy running at 72 is pretty impressive, don't you think?..........
Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
what_stanger

sure a buggy at 72mph is impressive, I suppose. Its obvious though all it has taken you guys is a fast engine and some tall gearing. What else did you do to accomplish this ??
Old 03-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Miami Jato

yeah, thats what it takes, but no one else thought about it, right? no one else ever thought a buggy can go 70mph, right?. most guys were just doing 45-50 forever, so there you go, plz, think of something creative.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:16 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: DavidKirkbride
it would take a competition engine and a very light car with some insanely high gearing to push 100mph
You just described their buggies!!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 AM
mozzzy_2000

70mph or 100mph or whatever! The fact remains for me is they are simply the most crazy fast nitros i have ever seen!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Da Smak
Banned

To think that my twin engined buggy with a tall ratio 2 speed gears and truck wheels on just pushes 100Mph with a fair run up, there is no way that they are hitting those speeds in that distance with the run up they had. BTW 100Mph = ~160m/s , sorry but the vids just don't show that sort of distance being done. Call me sceptic as I believe it can be done, just that you are not.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:24 PM
what_stanger

If you honestly think the majority of the gearheads on here haven't thought of gearing something up to go fast, then you're flattering yourself.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Miami Jato

gearing up what?, not a buggy, sorry dude, nobody, atleast not here thought about gearing up a buggy. nobody said, atleast me, has said that the buggys are going tha fast, they are hitting 73-74. again, pretty good for a street buggy............
Old 03-30-2007, 08:11 PM
nik77356

you are all *******s and should be ashamed of yourself for trash talking something you have never tried. just because its new doesnt mean its crap. i support this even though i dont like it nor do i do it myself. its just not my thing.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:14 PM
what_stanger

For you to say that no one on this forum has ever THOUGHT about gearing up a buggy to go fast, is naive. You think you're the first to THINK of this????? I'm sure its been DONE before, and you just don't know about it. Honestly dude, I would bet my life that more people than just you have thought of gearing an rc car tall and going fast. Its a simple concept, what makes you think you're brain is the only one capable of imagining this?

I agree 73-74 ---whatever, is fast for anything RC. This includes your buggies, if they go 80 or not I don't know. I'll take your word on it.

ORIGINAL: Miami Jato

gearing up what?, not a buggy, sorry dude, nobody, atleast not here thought about gearing up a buggy. nobody said, atleast me, has said that the buggys are going tha fast, they are hitting 73-74. again, pretty good for a street buggy............
Old 03-30-2007, 08:16 PM
HeLLsGoD

their thrash talking because the claimed speed of the buggys are incorrect specially when they didnt use a 40m runway

plus how hard could it be to get a high end engine and gearing even if their custom?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:16 PM
nik77356

just shutup people. you are all bad people
Old 03-30-2007, 08:25 PM
what_stanger

I'm not saying they're slow because they didn't use a 40m runway, I didn't even know that was the scale drag length. I don't care about any of that. Its to hard to tell actual speed using a video. I couldn't tell you if that was 60mph or 80. I'm sure radar could be off some, who knows though.

I was just saying all it is is gearing and engine......plain and simple. I'm not 'bashing' it because its 'new' or 'different'. I don't think its new anyhow. The concept is as old as the day is long. As a kid I geared a go-kart to go fast top end, and it dogged out of the hole. I tried it just because I wanted to see how much faster it would go. Same idea.

If these guys like to run buggies on the street and go fast, great. They're keeping the hobby alive, and thats awesome. I would rather race on an off-road track. However like posted pages ago, different strokes for different folks.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:13 AM
hoousi

Da Smak:

BTW 100Mph = ~160m/s
Must correct: 100 mph equal about 160 km/h , giving around 44,4 m/s . Still crazy fast, hehe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.