Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

CIPOLLA TSV four stroke engine ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Chris.fr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CIPOLLA TSV four stroke engine ???

I just found this cool engine in good condition without box and papers; it seems to be a 15-20 CC italian 4 cycle.

Every information available will be appreciated (TSV ?) , including the best way to purchase a new timing belt ! Thanks, Chris

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My website : http://e.a.t.chez-alice.fr/AAmoteursminiatures.html

Old 03-31-2007, 03:48 PM
RVM

Default RE: CIPOLLA TSV four stroke engine ???

That's pretty damn cool.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:05 PM
on pipe

Neat engine! Although I couldn't find any info on your engine, Cipolla can be found at www.aumcipolla.it. I'm no good at Italian, but it looks like engine production moved to a different place in 2005. It looks like car engines are the main product now. (just like Novarossi, Picco, etc...) I have an .09 Cipolla two-stroke, bought about 2 years ago, but never heard of them before then. I might be of some help on the timing belt. I recently purchased an overhead cam OPS .120 four stroke, and wanted to get a couple belts for it. I found what I think will work at www.sdp-si.com. They have no minimum if you order online with a credit card. The belts that fit my OPS cost only $5.29 a piece. It is a non-interference engine, (valves cannot hit piston when belt jumps time) but I would still like to keep a fresh belt on it. It may never fly, but I would like to run it on the bench a couple times... As a note of interest, the guy I got it from said if you ever have a prop strike on the OHC engines the teeth usually strip off of the belt. Hope this helps, you have quite a collection of engines there, some interesting stuff! Ross
Old 04-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Chris.fr

Hi Ross,

many thanks for the infos, I could not resist the pleasure of dismounting the beast and it appears to be around 20 CC and has a rotating valve system too, as well as your OPS or more common Webra T4's or HP VT's but with a pair of drums, one for intake and the other for exhaust.
Very neat job inside :
I still need every infos you will have, thanks!!! Chris

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-01-2007, 01:59 PM
RVM

I really want one of these engines, just to have one if nothing else. How heavy is that engine?

ORIGINAL: Chris.fr

Hi Ross,

many thanks for the infos, I could not resist the pleasure of dismounting the beast and it appears to be around 20 CC and has a rotating valve system too, as well as your OPS or more common Webra T4's or HP VT's but with a pair of drums, one for intake and the other for exhaust.
Very neat job inside :
I still need every infos you will have, thanks!!! Chris

Old 04-01-2007, 05:17 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Very nice engine.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Chris.fr

ORIGINAL: RVM

I really want one of these engines, just to have one if nothing else. How heavy is that engine?

The weight is about 950 grammes, a little less than 2 LBS -Chris