Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

new to the tornado xl worth the money

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

new to the tornado xl worth the money

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:26 PM
preston093

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the tornado xl worth the money

hey everybody i am new on here but i read your forums on the tornado xl before it got here for my son but i went through tightined every thing and i have ran through tanks of gas and me my son son have flipped it a number of times and it is holding up good i have other cars and it seems to be just as good so thanks alot if there is any thing else i need to know about these cars post it on here ..............jerome....................
Old 04-14-2007, 05:57 PM
BOBCAT45

Default RE: new to the tornado xl worth the money

Welcome to the forums !!!!!! I have a tornado xp 2 speed and the car is worth the money,if you do the rite maintnence they r great cars. Once again welcome to the forums!!!!!!

Bobcat
Old 04-14-2007, 07:03 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear you like it bro, is your clutch bell aluminum, if so change it to the hpi one and put a traxxas 4146x spring and you will be fine
Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
RangerArlin

Hey ehroof, what HPI clutchbell are you suggesting? I need one, could you post a link? Also, I read that if you go to a clutchbell with more teeth it will add to your speed on the high end. Is this true and if so would you also have to change to a different spur gear that would fit with your new clutchbell? Sorry for neverending questions! haha! Thanks man! arlin.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:04 PM
preston093

hey ehroof i seen on here where yall was talking about those parts i have already wrote down those part numbers also i bought a master vhx5 buggy for my son a while back they are like the tornado( from china )the spring in it broke and i matched it up with a duratrax clutch and spring and it works great we just bought these to play around the house because we dont want to tear up our race trucks, i have alot of time and money in them so you can understand but thanks alot i will stay in touch on here thanks ....jerome.......
Old 04-15-2007, 10:05 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: RangerArlin

Hey ehroof, what HPI clutchbell are you suggesting? I need one, could you post a link? Also, I read that if you go to a clutchbell with more teeth it will add to your speed on the high end. Is this true and if so would you also have to change to a different spur gear that would fit with your new clutchbell? Sorry for neverending questions! haha! Thanks man! arlin.

i dont remember what car you have but if its a single speed you use this one, http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-vented/Detail

the more teeth the better top end but worse low end, the opposite is the same, the less teeth the more low end and less high end

you use the stock spur gear with the hpi clutch bells
Old 04-15-2007, 02:02 PM
preston093

hey ehroof what gear can i put in my sons tornado to make it not rev so high in top speed it has the single speed but in the top speed the rpms seem real high if so do you know where and the part number and what teeth thanks jerome ...
Old 04-15-2007, 02:23 PM
ehroof

you need to get more teeth on the clutch bell, i think you cant fit anything bigger than 18 tooth on the engine without having to make the engine mount holes longer. i think the stock one is 16 tooth, give a count and see, if so get 17 or 18 tooth. it will give more top end. Whats wrong with the engine rev at top speed, high rpm's isnt really a problem as long as your running rich engoug.

here is a link for an hpi clutch bell with bearings: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-vented/Detail
Old 04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
preston093

hey thanks my son like the botom end part of the car any way but i thought we might change it out every now and then and i do run a little rich any way but i was just wondering thanks jerome
Old 04-15-2007, 02:33 PM
ehroof

your welcome jerome, good luck and let me know what you get and how it works out
Old 04-15-2007, 03:07 PM
RangerArlin

Hey ehroof, thanks for the link man! Im gonna go and get one. Thanks again. Arlin.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:35 PM
ehroof

your welcome, thats a good deal too since it comes with the bearings.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
preston093

has any one heard of putting marval mystrey oil in tha carb and turn the motor to ciculate it into the motor after you run it it takes a couple of more cranks to re start it back up but it save your motor maybe that is something to think about for some of the newer guys that just starting out .............jerome...........
Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
ehroof

marvel mystery oil is ok to use but i prefer nitro after run oil, it too makes it a little harder to start but well worth the effort.