Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Stolen Jet found on RCUniverse Classified

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Stolen Jet found on RCUniverse Classified

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:49 AM
1/2 time show
My Feedback: (78)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stolen Jet found on RCUniverse Classified

you all need to get the facts befor you hang me!!! if i stole it call the cops want my address.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:51 AM
1/2 time show

i belive this is what you call slander i wonder why some people are affrade to use there name
Old 04-26-2007, 06:06 AM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if all is on the up and up - ? why has the ad been removed all of a sudden?????????
Old 04-26-2007, 06:06 AM
Brian B
My Feedback: (5)

It is clearly time for RCU to install a spell check program.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:18 AM
unknown

What scares me about this thread is so many of you guys who reply to this post would have done the same thing [:@]. ITS NOT YOURS! GIVE IT BACK ITS THAT SIMPLE. Because of this guys selfishness someone (DHL) may have lost their job.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:19 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

ORIGINAL: Brian B

It is clearly time for RCU to install a spell check program.
Amen!

Signed, unlike his,

Dave Rigotti
Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 AM
pilott28
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: ira d

Seems to me Skymaster should replace the kit and then file a claim with DHL and
DHL should remburse Skymaster, DHL could go after Mr Moore but unless he is
somehow caught redhanded with the kit I doubt there is much they could do.

I would guess that Skymaster would only be out maybe $500.00 or so to replace
the kit. Just my .02
My name was likely the one on the original box. Skymaster immediately emailed me to indicate what had happened. After a week of working with DHL to try to recover the box, SM shipped me a new kit, no questions asked. They probably could have put this on DHL's doorstep and made me try to recover my money from them, but they kept me informed of what was going on, and ultimately, they kept me out of it.

I did try to call Mr. Moore at the time directly, but the number I got from information was disconnected so I never got to talk to him.

All the information I was given came through SM, so it would have to be classified as hearsay. I don't know what all the facts are, but I do think if you are planning to purchase this jet, it would be wise to talk to Anton Lin directly and determine where he stands on this and what facts he can contribute, and/or simply ask Mr. Moore to produce proof of purchase. The latter should resolve the situation if he did legitimately purchase and pay for the aircraft at any point.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wish to be perfectly clear on this subject, while we have several SIMJET owners / customers in Kansas, SIMJET currently has NO AUTHORIZED Dealers in the state of KANSAS.

I have received recent inquires and have had discussions on this subject to date but I have not granted any such status. In the context of what has ocurred here, fruther investigation and serious consideration will be given to these standing requests.

Regards,

Old 04-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Try keeping the money from a $5000.00 check given to you that was mistakenly made out as $50,000.00.

If you don't return it you will be arrested.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
1/2 time show

Lets see thief,scumbag,stuped, WOW what a linch mob!!! I stole nothing!!!And he who lives without sin may cast the first stone!!! lets jest talk about the dude that got this started mr clouseau who chose to hide his name. A man that lives in kansas but tags all his cars trucks and rvs in oklahoma to keep from payn high kansas taxes!!! So go a head and judge me kinny
And KC thank you for your support. I DID NOT SCAM OR STILL NOTHING!!! and you people who are hiding your names.YOU ARE THE REAL SCUMBAGS

Bob Moore
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Miguel Santana
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: pilott28
...and/or simply ask Mr. Moore to produce proof of purchase. The latter should resolve the situation if he did legitimately purchase and pay for the aircraft at any point.
That´s the answer....
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: 1/2 time show

Lets see thief,scumbag,stuped, WOW what a linch mob!!! I stole nothing!!!And he who lives without sin may cast the first stone!!! lets jest talk about the dude that got this started mr clouseau who chose to hide his name. A man that lives in kansas but tags all his cars trucks and rvs in oklahoma to keep from payn high kansas taxes!!! So go a head and judge me kinny
And KC thank you for your support. I DID NOT SCAM OR STILL NOTHING!!! and you people who are hiding your names.YOU ARE THE REAL SCUMBAGS

Bob Moore

Mr. Moore,
Concerning the F-4 in the Photographs at the beginning of this thread...was the kit delivered to you by mistake? If it was, did you you fail to give it back when asked?

Please let us know your side of the story.

Bob Edison
Old 04-26-2007, 09:06 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Alaska Bob,

It would appear to me if this truly is the same guy, that he has already had the opporutunity in 3 previous posts to set the record straight.

In choosing not to, I interpret that he is full of bull (don't know what the term is up in Alaska).

Regardless, my leathered TX Boots are pulled up, I just don't deal with people who "STILL"

For those out of redneck country, he was trying to say he didn't "Steal" anything, but he appears so dumb, it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Interesting - a search for laws on unsolicited goods revealed quite a difference depending on the country - e.g. [link=http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/11515]Autralia [/link] & [link=http://www.the-cma.org/?WCE=C=47%7CK=224229]Canada[/link] seem to have a law that the goods become yours after 1 month if you notify the sender and he does not collect it (or after 3 months if you DON'T notify the sender and he doesn't collect it)

The [link=http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/buying-selling/unsolicited/index.html]UK's[/link] DTI seems to say the goods are yours - period.

For the US - looks like there is some slight varation from state to state, but [link=http://www.ksbar.org/public/public_resources/pamphlets/on_your_own.shtml]this link[/link] from the Kansas bar association says :

If you receive goods in the mail that you did not order, both state and federal laws allow you to keep them as a gift! You do not have to pay for them. Of course, if something is delivered to you by mistake (it has someone else’s name on it, for instance), you cannot keep it and must return it.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Interesting - a search for laws on unsolicited goods revealed quite a difference depending on the country - e.g. [link=http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/11515]Autralia [/link] & [link=http://www.the-cma.org/?WCE=C=47%7CK=224229]Canada[/link] seem to have a law that the goods become yours after 1 month if you notify the sender and he does not collect it (or after 3 months if you DON'T notify the sender and he doesn't collect it)

The [link=http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/buying-selling/unsolicited/index.html]UK's[/link] DTI seems to say the goods are yours - period.

For the US - looks like there is some slight varation from state to state, but [link=http://www.ksbar.org/public/public_resources/pamphlets/on_your_own.shtml]this link[/link] from the Kansas bar association says :

If you receive goods in the mail that you did not order, both state and federal laws allow you to keep them as a gift! You do not have to pay for them. Of course, if something is delivered to you by mistake (it has someone else’s name on it, for instance), you cannot keep it and must return it.
I think it did have his name on it. Don't know how or why DHL "discovered the error" and returned a short time later? An hour, 2 days, etc? Did SM try to stop delivery? I do not condon his actions, just don't believe we are getting ALL the story. Any amateur laywers care to comment?

Dave
Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 AM
LSF2298
My Feedback: (4)

Ah, but DHL is not delivering the "mail". According to Websters, "mail" is delivered by a "postal system and I wouldn't consider DHL a postal system. Of course, that is subject to local interpretation.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:22 AM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Alaska Bob,

It would appear to me if this truly is the same guy, that he has already had the opporutunity in 3 previous posts to set the record straight.

In choosing not to, I interpret that he is full of bull (don't know what the term is up in Alaska).

Regardless, my leathered TX Boots are pulled up, I just don't deal with people who "STILL"

For those out of redneck country, he was trying to say he didn't "Steal" anything, but he appears so dumb, it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
I don't disagree with you at all, Sean...I tend to believe he is full of moose. I really want to hear Mr. Moore's side of the story, though, just in case we're not aware of any mitigating circumstances.

Bottom line, however, is that whether or not it is technically legal, it is steal stilling if it came down the way it was written in the first post.

Bob
Old 04-26-2007, 09:30 AM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

you all need to get the facts befor you hang me!!! if i stole it call the cops want my address.

Some judged if this situation were true and expressed how they would feel about it and some inquired about this situation.
You have refrained from telling your side of the story.

I think we'd all feel better when RCU posts their finding on this investigation and then we can either apologize or black ball you.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to hear his side of the story also. The problem with that scenario is that RCU would have to hire a cryptographer/ (or a local fourth grader) to decode it into recognizable English. Scotty R
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Back in the day, They hung Cattle thief's in Kansas.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Bob Moore
Bob,
As a vendor, who does make shipping mistakes from time to time, I would HOPE that this statements being brought fourth here are not accurate and there is a justifiable explanation for this. Please provide your side of the story, I am sure you have a reasonable explanation for the events that transpired with this delivery. I would certainly hope it is not in your nature to keep this kit knowing it was delivered by mistake. I have found the Jet community to be extremely honest with shipping errors and would hope this is just a misunderstanding??
[]
Please, share your side so this mess can be put to rest...
Todd
Old 04-26-2007, 10:19 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing you guys forgot a few years back we had a guy here
in Vegas that decided to keep a
couple of AMT turbines without paying for them.
I tracked the scumbag down and he was arrested and spent
time in prison. This case of the Sky
Master jet should be no different. I wish he was in Nevada
I have a small room with a short view reserved downtown...

P. Richards aka Swat Team
Old 04-26-2007, 10:26 AM
KC36330

And KC thank you for your support.
i don't want either side to get me wrong here, i don't support the keeping of a package that you didn't request or pay for even if it had your name/address clearly marked on it, but at the same time just because said incident might of happened SM nor any other 3rd party has the right to come here and post your name (or anyone else's) and start a name calling contest.

like everyone, I'd love to hear your side of the story how you acquired the jet. even if you came out right and said 'It showed up on my steps with my name/address on it and i kept it, end of story' my opinion would be you're a sorry pathetic excuse for a human being but i wouldn't call you a thief nor would i call the jet stolen.

kc

PS: being a full fledged redneck myself i prefer to use a little program called IESpell, it's a 'right click' spell checker for Internet Explorer, works great just doesn't do much for the grammar portion of things that folks north of the line often comment to me about...
[>:]
Old 04-26-2007, 10:48 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Old 04-26-2007, 11:01 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, we would. Would you please provide it here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.