Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Plan Enlargement???

Old 02-25-2003, 08:50 PM
navpro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plan Enlargement???

Hello!!! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to increase the size of plans??? I tried to go to Kinkos and they either didn't have the "software" to do it or their printer/copier was not long enough!!! Help?????
Old 02-26-2003, 03:53 AM
Wray

Navpro, I dont know how complicated your plans are, but when i enlarged my eagle 2, I traced onto rolled tracing paper, then went to kinkos and they have a continuous feed copier/enlarger. the trick was getting the plans into a long thin format that could be blown up, the originals would not have worked....hope this helps, Tim
Old 02-26-2003, 04:31 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try a blue print shop. They usually have large format printers. I use a K & E 36 inch printer. If you are going too big, you have to cut the plans. Our largest size is 36 inch but it can go any leangth. I have made some 36 inch by 10 to 12 feet. Do it in strips if you have to.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Bigc

I agree with a place that does blueprints/architecture reproductions. My plans cost me 80 cents a page there. At Kinkos, it was closer to $8.00 a page.
Should be able to scale up/down.