Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

sts 28 troubles

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sts 28 troubles

i dont know if it is just me, but i replaced the pull start with the roto start on the sts 28 ,and im having a heck of a time even keeping it running.ive gone through all the steps to start it .could it be faultyor is there somthing i dont know?the original motor in the x started easy ,is there much of a difference.my lhs says they wont help cause i didnt buy from them.any ideas...thanks
Old 05-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Nathan9492

Default RE: sts 28 troubles

Did u screw in all the screws to the backplate in tightly etc..if they arent they could cause an airleak...give us more details on what its doing, what does it sound like etc
Could u take a video?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 PM

it starts revs up then peters out
Old 05-10-2007, 11:54 PM

the sound is like it revs really high then shuts off ,ill check the back plate .i also put a new pipe on ,if it is not on the exhaust outlet perfectly will that be considered a air leak
Old 05-11-2007, 12:43 AM
myber92fs

I am also having trouble w/ my sts 28. It will not start .I found an air leak on the backing plate and sealed it but it just sputter but will not fire.Glow plug and stuff is good .Im running30% fuel and reset too 2 1/2 turns on the hsn and flush with the lsn . any ideas???? It has been sitting for about 6 months and yes I did replace the fuel.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:56 AM
HeatFire

i got my D30M sealed up and hmm put greenslime on the o-rings in the carb.. cos they suck big time.. i hade a o-ring that fell of into 2 parts taking the low needle out.. and if i hadent changed that to a new one.. the engine would have run crap.. now it idles like a baby beeing sealed.. but hey.. mine has a diffrent port design.. so it's not totaly the same
but check for leaks

actully in the start i ran it so fat it wouldnt run without the glowplug.. igniter:P dont know the name.. glödaren
Old 05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Is this a new engine and are you breaking it in? If so do you have it set to factory settings? Is so you might need to lean it out a little or idle it up. Yes I seal all my engines not matter what brand out of the box. I have 3 STS engines and do not have a problem with any of them. All so here is a web site with a help forum on just STS engines.
http://www.stsmicroengines.com/
Old 05-11-2007, 06:08 PM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: myber92fs

I am also having trouble w/ my sts 28. It will not start .I found an air leak on the backing plate and sealed it but it just sputter but will not fire.Glow plug and stuff is good .Im running30% fuel and reset too 2 1/2 turns on the hsn and flush with the lsn . any ideas???? It has been sitting for about 6 months and yes I did replace the fuel.

Guys here's the F.A.Q. for the needle settings. I'm not near a motor to confirm how many turns "flush" is on the LSN.

http://www.stsmicroengines.com/index...bff9b9022ea234

Mark
Old 05-11-2007, 06:19 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flush on the LSN is way too lean... the high revving is it leaning out.......... set the LSN to be about 1.5 mm outside the housing... Or 6 full turns out...
Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 AM
WHIP
My Feedback: (7)

I had the same problem, set the idle srew first on the carb, make sense to you ?

Bill,