Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Which one Arghhhhhh!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Which one Arghhhhhh!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:45 PM
JamieKerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one Arghhhhhh!!!!

Hi guys. im fairly new to rc planes not rc as a hole. I have used a 2ch hobby zone pill of junk and im wanting to go 3D. I have looked at these becuase i live in the uk and the prizes are about as high as i would go ok, E-Flite Tribute 3D, Ultimate 3D. Ultimate FX 3D, YAK 54F 3D. which of these would you guys recommend im looking torwards the tribute because of price/style thx Jk all help is appreciated.

Jk
Old 05-13-2007, 07:19 PM
rzarikian

Default RE: Which one Arghhhhhh!!!!

in the flat out profile you don´t get any lift so you whould benefit from a biplane like the ultimate since it will perform slower maneuvers much easier. I say go with the ultimate.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 AM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Hmmm, honestly, I would recommend a high wing trainer plane with ailerons first. Then, when you are VERY comfortable with that one go for a plane capable of 3D.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:22 AM
JamieKerr

Yea i see what your saying AKFireMedic but, i have a rc helicopter and seem to be pritty good with that and i feel confortable with most rc's. Where i live in the uk my house has a reasonable size garden but not really big enough for a full rc plane but i think 3D Dosent need as bigger space plus, love 3d and i want a challege. Plus money is a key factor with me at the mo. So i dont think i will be easy to change my mind from a 3d plane now. Thanks for your help so far, i see what you are saying rzarikian it would probally make more sense especially it probally being my first 3d plane.
Jk
Old 05-14-2007, 04:28 AM
JamieKerr

or the Great Planes Cap 580 flatout its alot cheaper but??
Thanks jk
Old 05-14-2007, 04:31 AM
AKFireMedic

Well, if you are dead set on a 3D plane then any flat foamy will work well and work in the space you have. IF you want a larger Nitro plane then I would recommend a profile since they are the toughest out there. The Mojo comes to mind as one of the best of the best although there are others out there.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:38 AM
JamieKerr

Yea i did think about nitro but for where i live etc. its a bit of a hassle is there any other chepish 3d planes you can recommend. Becuase you seem to have some knowldege of rc planes Thanks Again Jk
Old 05-14-2007, 04:42 AM
JamieKerr

Preferably a RTF one because i have only just realised the lot i was looking at needs servos etc... i will be prepared to spend a bit more on the RTF because it will be more thanks Jk
Old 05-14-2007, 05:58 AM
wavy777

I know this may not help, but i would recommend a You can do-3d...these things are dirts cheap and on low rates are very easy to fly...But if you havent got the money for that go for the Yak.....

I own a 60 size UCD and at £105..its a real bargain!

W
Old 05-14-2007, 06:03 AM
JamieKerr

what about this one it looks ok, im not exspecting to get a top notch but this is as high price as i would be willing to go. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2735&rd=1&rd=1
They sell them in shops too but that is just the example. thanks. Where in the uk sells the U-CAN-DO-3D?? jk
Old 05-14-2007, 06:10 AM
wavy777

Hi Jamie,

If thats your top end for the budget then forget the UCD..the £105 is for the kit, you then need a motor and radio...I have no experience in these rtf electric models....Sorry!

W

If you do want a UCD take a look at http://www.inwoodmodels.co.uk/system/index.html

The ucd is a great planes model, the .46 size is £88.00 + engine and radio, the .60 size is £104 + engine and radio

W
Old 05-14-2007, 06:20 AM
JamieKerr

Hi yea i would like to stick to eletric for now just easier where i live, i have nitro rc cars etc.. but its just easier eletric. What do you guys think of the link i put up its RFT 3D/Aerobatic, so it will cope will a little normall flying ocasssionally seems alright to me??
Jk
Old 05-14-2007, 08:16 AM
rlipsett

When going to 3d from a 2 channel plane you are going to notice major flying differences. The 2 channell allowed you to turn and roll with the rudder. A 3d aircraft will not turn or roll with the rudder it will more or less turn the plane flat any change in the roll of the aircraft will have to be done with the ailerons. I had a friend of mine who was a decent pilot who plew mostly 3 channel and crashed his 3d aircraft on the first flight because he got in trouble and his instincts to right the plane made him slam the rudder over when it went knife edge and it did not right itself. 3d aircraft have another pecularity that is when you need to preform violent and rapid manuveers you have to peg the throttle to get thrust for the oversized and extreme throw surfaces to work which might be counter intuitive when you are in a nose down situation a few feet from the ground. At least with small electric foamies you will be given a luxury of time with there slower speed compared to a nitro powered 3d aircraft.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:51 AM
JamieKerr

Yea, i have got the slight feel of that from the heli bank turn etc... the general jist of it. That is why i have looked at foamie ones. What is your opinion on a good 3d eletric plane thats a reasonable price in the uk thanks Jk
Old 05-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Ian.W

whats your budget, and exactly how big is your flying space? foamys are OK, the flatouts are rubbish, if you want a decent foamy you can go wrong with a standard ikarus shcoky. However, if you have a slightly larger flying space, its worth stepping up to a 300W style airframe. my favorite is the multiplex acromaster, about 70 quid from inwood models, about 100 for motor, 35-40 for a decent lipo, and of course the radio. Flies really stable, smooth, yet can 3D awesome. will also fly in a very small space with the CG back and the throws cranked up, but leave that until later a normal rec or something is enough to fly it.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:01 AM
JamieKerr

Umm well from £140- really not sure if that ould get me alot, space wise perfect for a foamie, not big enough for a bigger one though but i would probally would say foamie is best. Maybe a RTF would be good?? thanks For your help.
Jk
Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 AM
JamieKerr

What about this one guys, the price seems amazing, seems to have EVERYTHING i need to run it plus its a small light sd perfect and comments??/

JK
Old 05-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parkzone Typhoon 2 3D PNP or RTF.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:29 AM
JamieKerr

Yea i have looked long and hard at that but its right at the end of my money scale but just depends but its like £150 its a possibilitty but really bit too exspensive
Jk
Old 05-14-2007, 05:11 PM
AKFireMedic

The plane you had listed looks like it might fly OK but does not look very durable. I would hate to see you kill a brand new plane and be dissapointed. Remember, in R/C as in most things you get what you pay for.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:36 PM
JamieKerr

Yea i know what you mean, which out of these 2 would you say is better?? both RTF aswell. http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/Park...ctx332456.html
http://www.rchobby.co.uk/25.html
I think the Typhoon would be the most versatile one may handle the wind slightly better.
Thanks Jk
Old 05-15-2007, 02:52 AM
AKFireMedic

The Typhoon is supposed to be pretty good for a foam 3d park flier. I don't know anything about the other one though so hard to compare.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 AM
ltsprinter

if you want a RTE the Typhoon is a perfect 3D plane, especially the newer model with the 3 cell lipo and 25 amp esc...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
JamieKerr

Yea my only thing is i think that i would mainly use the other brand foamie one more because its smaller lighter and theres lots of walls and stuff around my house so sum small areas may be less windy and a small garage area not sure is the typhoon, more of a 3d/normall flyer type seems to me?? the other one seems more like the Yak 54 etc??? Thanks Jk
Old 05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
JamieKerr

What about this its in the usa but its the amazing Yak its around £135 in pounds no idea what postage would be, I can but the whole kit so it RTF???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.