Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

?'s on 2.4 Diversity Systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:28 PM
SCMSteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?'s on 2.4 Diversity Systems

Im setting up a new photo and video platform and thought the new 2.4 diversity radios were slick and seem to be. But now after checking out digital monitor systems and video systems most of the digital camera monitor ones that are compatable with video so I dont need to set up a whole new system for video seem to be 2.4 ghz.
To make me question even longer the Futaba is a diversity radio if I use a diversity setup for photo and video can I use this on the same palne or am I going to have conflicts. I have been searching the the various forums but have not seen much on this. Any input is greatly apperciated.
Thanks
Steve
Old 05-26-2007, 08:11 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: ?'s on 2.4 Diversity Systems

Im not sure what you are asking exactly....

IF you are asking if you can use a 2.4 GHZ RC radio along with a 2.4 GHZ video link in the plane, the answer is a definate NO, the video transmitter will wipe out the RC receiver every time, no matter what the advertisements say about finding a clear channel. The problem is, with a 2.4 GHZ video transmitter close to one of those Spektrum receivers, the ENTIRE band is wiped out for the RC receiver, there will be no clear channel for it to find. If you want to send video to the ground with 2.4 GHZ, stick with a good old 72 MHZ RC radio.

JettPilot
Old 05-26-2007, 10:22 PM
moogly

i'm not so sure about that the 2.4 radios are spread sectrum and the TX RX are bound togather when you bind the TX RX
so I'm not sue they would interfere the video feed is on one fixed channel
Link to My Videos
www.putfile.com/mbren
Old 05-27-2007, 12:30 AM
SCMSteve

Thanks for the replys Jettpilot Ive seen your stuff real cool give me your opinion would you go with the 72 MHz radio & 2.4 diversity video or would you go with 2.4 ghz radio and 900mhz video.
Thanks
Old 05-27-2007, 01:40 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: moogly

i'm not so sure about that the 2.4 radios are spread sectrum and the TX RX are bound togather when you bind the TX RX
so I'm not sue they would interfere the video feed is on one fixed channel
Link to My Videos
www.putfile.com/mbren
Like I said, it does not matter that they are bound and will look for a clear channel. If you knew anything about distance and power, having a strong signal on the same band as the 2.4 GHZ band in close proximity to the receiver will totally blind the reciever to ANY signal on any channel. Immagine someone holding small dots 10 feet in front of you, you would normally be able to see the dots and thier colors with no problem. Now immagine holding those same small dots 10 feet above you, but right in line with the sun, and then someone telling you to ignore the red dots and count the green dots, it will not matter what color you are trying to ignore or count, you will not see anything against the overpowering strong light of the sun.

RC flyers are generally dont know that much about RF and how it behaves, I have warned people about this since issue the first specktrum 2.4 RC radios were introduced, but almost everyone buys the "scan for a clear channel" marketing hype. The channel hopping works very well for signals generated from more than a few yards away but the recievers were never designed to work with another 2.4 GHZ transmitter running within a couple feet of the reciever. Many have tried, and they all end in fialure and going back to 72 MHZ.

JettPilot