Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo with RPM arms...camber way off

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:20 PM
mjs3350
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo with RPM arms...camber way off

I recently purchased a full set of RPM a-arms for my revo. i noticed on the included instructions that the pivot balls should only be screwed in to the point where the threads are fully into the arm. the traxxas instructions say that the upper pivot ball should be screwed all the way in (the equivalent to threads fully in RPM arms), and that camber adjustments should be made using the bottom pivot ball. however, I cannot get anywhere near the -1 degree camber i'm looking for using the bottom screw, even screwing it in quite far, which limits turning radius. i don't want to turn them in too far and risk losing my warrenty. i also don't want to unscrew the upper pivot balls more than a few turns, because i think it will make that area much more prone to breaking...has anyone encountered this problem before?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:31 AM
NITRO FUMES RULE

Default RE: revo with RPM arms...camber way off

I am running the RPM arms on my Revo and had no problem getting the 1 degree negative camber
setting that you are looking for. You are going to have to unscrew the top pivot ball out more than the RPM
insructions indicate. This will not weaken this area of the arm as I have bashed the crap out of the truck
with the top pivot ball unscrewed a few threads out from the recommended RPM setting and have had no
breakage problems. Don't worry about the warranty issues as they won't be able to to tell if the top pivot ball
was not seated as per "their instructions" !! A couple of threads out from RPM's settings to obtain the negitave
camber you need won't be a issue.

If you are not smelling nitro fumes and listening to the sweet song your not LIVING !!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: NITRO FUMES RULE

" !! A couple of threads out from RPM's settings to obtain the negitave
camber you need won't be a issue.
Yup. I have no problems with mine as well. If they weren't meant to be adjusted, they wouldn't have threads.
Just unscrew them to where you need them.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:34 AM
mjs3350

yea i have them set where i need, but the bottom pivot balls are pretty far in and the top is a few turns out. i don' think the bottoms are in so far that it'll restrict turning. however, i find that the pivot ball boot holders are going to limit my turning radius once i put the longer servo horn on my steering servo. i've done the rest of the steering mods, and i think i might have to lose the lower front pivot ball boot and grind off the little nub on the knuckle to get maximum turning.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:40 AM
mjs3350

wow nvm, they aren't limiting the turning, just barely clearing, which is great. also, by voiding the warrenty, i meant by screwing the pivot balls in too far, which they say voids the warrenty. anyway, thats for replying.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:48 PM
HighClassBasher

I installed RPM arms exactly like the instructions said and i had no problems at all. My top theads are flush with the end of the arm and the bottoms are out about 2 threads. The camber is right on the money...