Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Giant Big Stik Camera Platform

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
danstrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giant Big Stik Camera Platform

Hi wjglynn,

I have a large aircraft I'm outfitting for AP duty as well, but I'm having serious vibration issues with a new Fuji 45 ... can you take a closeup of your anti-vibration mounting and possibly clue me in where I can get some vibration dampers like yours?

Thanks!
Dan
Old 04-16-2007, 04:46 PM
wjglynn

Dan,

I really do not have anything special for vibration dampening. Is there something in the pictures that looks like something for vibration dampening? On an adjacent thread I have posted my last video from yesterday. My new mount seems to have more vibration issues than the earlier Lynxmotion mount. The name of the thread is " the prefect platform for aerial photography ". I would be happy to discuss how my plane is assembled if you have a more specific question?

Bill
Old 04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
danstrider

Hi Bill,

It looked like you had some rubber lord mounts or something from this photo:
http://image.rcuniverse.com/forum/up...01/Vm83991.jpg

I'm looking at how to soft-mount the engine more so than the camera mount itself. I have some lord mounts to dampen the camera mount assembly from the aircraft, but this new Fuji 45 is a lot bigger than the Evolution 26 it is replacing and yesterday during engine runs, two different connectors had wires break from the vibration.

I know this might be more of a general question than one specifically for you, but I think it's much better to go right to the source since you're flying a camera. The engine guys all seem to argue over soft-mount or no-soft-mount; I'm a believer if it works for you :-)

Here's a pic of my camera mount ... maybe it will give you some ideas.
http://art1.mae.ncsu.edu/content/photos/3129.jpg

Thanks for the conversation and the help,
Dan
Old 06-04-2007, 06:03 PM
SCMSteve

Hi Danstrider

Geez louise buddy what plane are you mounting that thing it must be huge. Love to see a pic of that.

Thanks Steve
Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 AM
wjglynn

Dan,

I found an appropriate rubber mount while at Joe Nall a few weeks back. I am in the process of mounting on my GBS. Here is a link to what I bought. While the plane is spatted I have also used some rubber bushings to isolate the camera mount in the same manner. Got them at the local hardware store.

http://www.bennettbuilt.com/page4.htm

Bill