Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:06 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

Each different tooth clutch bell is goign to give you preformance at different parts of the Engines power range, if you go down in teeth you'll get a ton of bottom end power, but your end speed will not be as fast, if you go up in teeth you get alot of speed from the high end power, you will go faster, BUT you will take off slower. So 16 or 17 tooth will give you somewhat even performance about as fast as you are going to go now.

ORIGINAL: FlyinGN

ehoof- in the other thread you are saying a 17 tooth bell.. Here 15 tooth.. Which is better??

ORIGINAL: ehroof

the volcano has a .18 in it. i have the single speed setup in one of my tornado xp's. i am using a 15 tooth clutch bell with it, here it the link to it, its not sped up like allabouts, lol. put a 15tooth bell on your single speed tornado and you will be fine.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...tornadoxp2.flv

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...tornadoxp1.flv
Old 05-17-2007, 07:43 PM
FlyinGN

ok thanks.. So the stock gear is 17 tooth.. I assume.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
FlyinGN

Thanks ehroof..

ORIGINAL: ehroof

17 tooth will replace the stock one, a 15 tooth i like because it gives you a little more low end power and you dont loose much top end. I went with a 15 tooth bell because the tires i have on it are a little bigger than the stock ones so i wanted to keep low end. 2 teeth is not a big difference. the lower the teeth the more low end power but you loose high end, the more teeth the more top end but the lower end will not be so great.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:04 AM
MiniCwik

The 17T is awesome in the Volcano with the stock trans setup.

I tried it in the new single speed trans and ugh, it was very, very laggy out of the hole but had lotsa top end. I almost immediately put the 13T back in and am very pleased with it.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:44 AM
FlyinGN

ok, so you are saying that a 17 tooth is too steep for a single speed tornado? Go with a 15 or even a 13 tooth?? Isn't the stock 17 tooth in a single speed Volcano???

ORIGINAL: MiniCwik

The 17T is awesome in the Volcano with the stock trans setup.

I tried it in the new single speed trans and ugh, it was very, very laggy out of the hole but had lotsa top end. I almost immediately put the 13T back in and am very pleased with it.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:58 AM
MiniCwik

I'm saying it was too steep for the custom single speed trans (one spur gear) that Clermont and AllAboutFun are selling.

It works great in a stock trans setup (also single speed, but gear reducing one).
Old 05-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

the single speed setup comes with a 13 tooth. The 17 tooth is for the stock setup.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:20 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: ontherocks

Thanks all!
I will look into himotoracingca in quebec to see what I can find.

Allaboutfunhobbies,
Do you have any canada shipping info ($)? I went to you're website - www.allaboutfunhobbies.com - you're fully stocked!!! But I couldn't find any info on shipping.

Thanks

Yes we do ship to Canada. Sorry I keep forgetting to fill in the about us and policies pages and so on. Yes we ship to Canada and it takes about 2 to 3 days for items to get there by Air mail sometimes faster.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:39 AM
FlyinGN

ok.. understood.. thanks..

ORIGINAL: MiniCwik

I'm saying it was too steep for the custom single speed trans (one spur gear) that Clermont and AllAboutFun are selling.

It works great in a stock trans setup (also single speed, but gear reducing one).
Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 AM
FlyinGN

huh..
so.. the volcano single speed has a 13 tooth standard?? 17 tooth for WHAT stock set up?? Now Im really confused lol

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

the single speed setup comes with a 13 tooth. The 17 tooth is for the stock setup.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:37 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the stock setup, the one you have now, if you have a volcano has a single speed with a 17 tooth clutch bell, there is and upgraded transmission/clutch bell that you can buy for it, it will give you better low end and better top end, here it the link: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...iff-kit/Detail

if you want to leave your stock transmission just replace the aluminum clutch bell with this: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-vented/Detail this will not do anything to improve proformance, it will just help the spur gear not to strip since the aluminum bells are soft and warp easily.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Damide

The clutch bell mentioned above, what material is it made out of? I know the stock one is Aluminum which is way to weak.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
fahaka

Hey,

I’m just about to finish my STX to SV front end conversion. It took a long time to figure out the parts that I needed but I’m down to getting the front axles and I should be done.

The rear of the STX has never been a problem but from driving my Tornado BB I have found the STX falls apart too much when jumping at the track.

I let the folks at Redcat know that they should have a parts package list so everyone could do this without the 3-4 orders I had to go through to get it right.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:19 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: Damide

The clutch bell mentioned above, what material is it made out of? I know the stock one is Aluminum which is way to weak.

its a steel clutch bell, hardened steel
Old 05-18-2007, 01:32 PM
MiniCwik

Thanks ehroof ... didn't want to confuse anyone
Old 05-18-2007, 06:40 PM
retiredcutter

Minicwik, Where did you get that cool truck body?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:16 PM
ehroof

its a pro line dodge ram body i think, he did the paint job himself, he did a nice job too!!!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:54 AM
MiniCwik

Thanks ehroof, yes retiredcutter ... it's the Pro-Line Dodge Ram quad cab body. I must tell you that these bodies hold up really, really well! I've flipped, rolled, cartwheeled this body so many times and have not had any damage done to it. It seems to be thicker/stronger yet flexes really well and I have not had any paint peeling yet either. Very pleased with it!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:39 AM
sarge240474

Hey guys I have a Tyrannosaurus. Does anyone know what is the max voltage you can run for the battery pack? Is 11.1v 1200mah too big? any help appreciated.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 AM
ehroof

6v (4 aa alkaline or 5 rechargable aa)
Old 06-05-2007, 10:14 PM
gatucar

Hi guys,
My volcano does not work so I need of some experienced advice!
The pipe is broken (I already ordered one) and I have other issues also so I want to start solving them before my new pipe arrives. Can a truck run (just run, I am not talking about best performance) without a pipe?
The engine (was stucked and I oppened and rinsed it with fuel) is finally running but no longer than 4 sec and it stalls. I can not increase the throttle neither since the engine does not rev up. Can this be dirt within the carb? Can this be a damaged engine? Plese send me suggestions.
Thank for your help guys!!
Gatucar
Old 06-05-2007, 10:52 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: gatucar

Hi guys,
My volcano does not work so I need of some experienced advice!
The pipe is broken (I already ordered one) and I have other issues also so I want to start solving them before my new pipe arrives. Can a truck run (just run, I am not talking about best performance) without a pipe?
The engine (was stucked and I oppened and rinsed it with fuel) is finally running but no longer than 4 sec and it stalls. I can not increase the throttle neither since the engine does not rev up. Can this be dirt within the carb? Can this be a damaged engine? Plese send me suggestions.
Thank for your help guys!!
Gatucar
No they can not run with out an Exhaust pipe. Your exhaust pipe is kind of like a fuel pump on your car, it pressurizes the fuel tank to help get the fuel to the engine.

What do you mean the engine was stuck? stuck like it wouldn't turn over when you pulled the cord or was the carb throttle body stuck and wouldn't open?

If you mean the engine was stuck and wouldn't turn when you pulled the cord it could be possible you had hydro lock from to much fuel in the cycliner when ya primed it, or something was wrong with an internal part.

Engine not reving up, becuase the throttle isn't opening or the throttle opens but the rpms never raise? Could be getting to much fuel and bogging it out maybe what caused the possible hydrolock.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
gatucar

Thanks for your replay AllAboutFunHobbies.
The engine was stucked. The flywheel did not move at all. Then I opened the engine toke out the piston sleeve and rinse the engine with a bit of fuel (nitro).
Engine is not reving up enough to put the truck in motion (it does rev up a little bit) but the throttle opens perfectly. It may be the pipe that is bothering me (as you said it acts as a fuel pump). I have been trying to fix the car without the pipe.
So far this is an amazing hobby but I get nothing but problems! Maybe this is because I have no experience at all or maybe my volcano is not a reliable truck. Probably both! I will keep trying anyway!!!!!!!!
Is anybody there from Fayetteville Arkansas?
Thank you
Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

There are people that lose pipes at the races all the time. They will run but it is not good for the engine. I think you have a carb problem. Your settings are off and or clogged needles.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:29 AM
{GBI}Harryball

My volcano wont run without the pipe, in fact i hit a curb monday night the pipe came off and it died right away. If i were you i would wait for the pipe to fix it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.