Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

CVEC Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:01 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CVEC Exhaust

Hey guys, I saw a good deal on ebay and I jumped on it. I bought this for $20 bucks which imo is good considering they go fo about $35-40 on ebay. I wasnt in school today so I was able to get it. Does anyone have experience with this exhaust?? I met a guy who had one on his truck and it looked like his truck performed really well with it and he had the TRX 2.5. Im not sure if it will fit on my Sirio .18 but if it doesnt, then Ill just re-sell it Tom.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6917&rd=1&rd=1
Old 06-14-2007, 02:14 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CVEC Exhaust

hey. it should work up to a .21. after that you would probably need a bigger pipe. if tuned right you wont be disappointed. the thing i like about them is they are tuned but also adjustable (i think they are all adjustable) for low or high end depending on your application. i have a c-vec stinger pipe on my scrap maxx and a dual tip one on my 4-tec. zoom zoom.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:41 PM
rcnitrohead

Sounds good If it doesnt fit on my .18 exhaust which I think may have a smaller opening then Ill just put it on my bro's S-maxx Lucky him
Old 06-14-2007, 06:24 PM
jkdv8

yeah that looks like the pipe that was exclusively for the revo 2.5/3.3. should still be fine. the coupler it comes with should fit over it then just tighten it with a tie strap using pliers[8D]
Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 AM
rcnitrohead

Nah it looks like its for the Revo but its not. I saw the guy that had one and it was the exact some 1 as the 1 I bought. I dunno Ill decide when it gets here[8D]
Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
rcnitrohead

Hey guys, just got it today Looks pretty good quality Anyway, the pipe looks good, you can take the tips off if you want but I'm confused about 2 things. The instructions dont mention anything about adjusting the piston inside and I dont want to break it so I didnt try using too much force to take it apart. I will need to bore out some of the exhaust header cause the stock TRX has a 13mm exhaust outlet whereas my Sirio .18 has a bigger bore coming in at 14mm. Need to ask my friend for his dremel.[] Anyway the other thing I'm confused about is that the pipe come with a hole for the presure line but the thing is, its a hole! Wont it just pop off during a jump or whatever??? To everyone that has this pipe installed please help!!!! Thanks, Tom.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:36 PM
jkdv8

what up nitro. theres 5 differant points to set the piston but i dont remember which is what. one end is for the high end the other is low end. as far as the pressure line it should of came with a nipple that screws into the hole.

EDIT: yeah the #1 hole is for low end and the #5 is high end.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:10 PM
rcnitrohead

Nope, no nipple in the package[&o] I think Ill just put it up on ebay cause I dont really want to bother with it[] Ill sstick with my blue tuned..
Old 06-21-2007, 04:30 PM
nitroracer20

the hose just must go into the exhaust hole. dont be alarmed, many cars do this and no, it doesnt fall out.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
rcnitrohead

Yeah I know but I dont really like how it looks, it doesnt promote the "street racer" look of my car