Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

need a good electric basher

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:38 PM
weez440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a good electric basher

well i got a nitro savage and a nitro revo and i am selling my savage due to it is to much work keeping two nitro trucks going at the same time. my gf loves to bash around so i was wondering what a good choice is for an electric basher. beings i am selling the savage i am kinda leaning towards an e savage. well it has to be 4wd and it has to be a sturdy good truck. i will be on asking more questions later as to how you get more power battery life longevity and all these kinds of things cause i know about nitro now i gotta learn about ELECTRICITY...
Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: need a good electric basher

Go with the E-Savage.... I'm glad I did. I love mine.. Seems to be a very tough little truck.. tougher than an E-Maxx and faster anything a maxx can do the e-savage does better
Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
weez440

i used to have a t-maxx and it was very troublesome so i have no desire to own another maxx. i was hoping that traxxas would come out with an electric revo but they are taking their jolly sweet time doing that.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:46 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Ive had both and I prefer the e-maxx but thats just me. I beat the snot out of it and its plenty durable. But if you do break it all the shops near me keep tons of parts in stock. You can be up in a few hours instead of waiting days to get stuff.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:52 PM
weez440

thanx for the replies and well parts availability isn't a big deal cause my nearest hobby shop is 2 hours away so all of my parts are ordered online. i am not totally ruling out the e-maxx. one nice thing about that is with my t-maxx i had that thing tore down so many times and built back up i can do it blindfolded which makes it more convenient for me. and another thing whatever it is that i decide to get i wanna have maximum battery life between charging what type of batteries you guys suggest? and what is the top speed of both the e savage and e maxx? top speed isn't really a big deal but it is kinda nice to have some speed. and how long does each one hold their charge before having to be recharged from factory?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
killjoyken

I say go with the E-Sav. I just got one last week and I've been bashing the hell out of it and still (knock on wood) haven't broken anything. When my T-maxx was stock it would break every other run. Only after I upgraded just about every part did it become reliable.

There's a park near my house that has a section off to the side that has some dirt hills and jumps that the kids ride their bikes on that I've been using the E-sav on. (no gas trucks allowed) The kids usually stop riding and watch to see how high I can jump the thing. They always comment how tough the truck is after I sail it off a 4ft jump, land poorly and cartwheel for 6ft. (i suck) I flip it back over and try again.

I've been charging the stock batteries at 5.5amps and it's got a lot more punch than using the stock charger. Top speed is 26mph, but I built some 7 cell packs that should bump it past 30.

To me the E-maxx is a 7 year old truck, but the E-sav is a newer design. Plus, I really like the aluminum chassis.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:40 AM
bckyrdbshr

ORIGINAL: killjoyken

I say go with the E-Sav. I just got one last week and I've been bashing the hell out of it and still (knock on wood) haven't broken anything. When my T-maxx was stock it would break every other run. Only after I upgraded just about every part did it become reliable.

There's a park near my house that has a section off to the side that has some dirt hills and jumps that the kids ride their bikes on that I've been using the E-sav on. (no gas trucks allowed) The kids usually stop riding and watch to see how high I can jump the thing. They always comment how tough the truck is after I sail it off a 4ft jump, land poorly and cartwheel for 6ft. (i suck) I flip it back over and try again.

I've been charging the stock batteries at 5.5amps and it's got a lot more punch than using the stock charger. Top speed is 26mph, but I built some 7 cell packs that should bump it past 30.

To me the E-maxx is a 7 year old truck, but the E-sav is a newer design. Plus, I really like the aluminum chassis.
I agree 100% I have nothing against the E-maxx (I used to own one) but I just love the E-Savage more. What battery charger do you use??? I'm still using the stock charger but am in the market for another one.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:28 PM
killjoyken

I'm using the MRC 989. I love it.

I had to cycle my 7 cell packs a few times to break them in but now they're taking a full charge. The owner of my local Hobbytown sold me 14 matched 3800 Intellect cells, 2 deans plugs and some heatshrink for $40!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Mopar Or Nocar

E-maxx.... I like the E-maxx better than the e-savage. But thats just the way i am.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:41 PM
FrankB2

I just mixed some video of my E-Savage: http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a80...t=fb0408ef.pbr
Don't mind the cheesey music....LOL!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
eddiebelanger
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: minit_racer

E-maxx.... I like the E-maxx better than the e-savage. But thats just the way i am.
+1 i like to be different
Old 06-23-2007, 07:33 PM
birdiedave1

Just turn your nitro savage into a brushless savage. How does the nitro savage handle compared to the revo?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:44 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: killjoyken

The E-savage isnt really that new, I had an E-zilla which is identical like 3 years ago. As for the E-maxx design, why change it? Its well laid out, and is a great basher.

Imo the maxx just looks tougher, I havent had any durability issues with either the E-zilla or E-maxx, as far as the E-sav being faster stock I am not sure I would agree but they arent far off either way.

Bascially the guys who have E-savages are going to say E-savage and the guys who have E-maxxes will say E-maxx. Both are good trucks, buy whichever you thing looks better.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:24 PM
purple_car

If your GF just likes to bash once in awhile, go with a stampede. They are cheap, durable, lots of fun, good jumpers, and can be decently fast with a motor upgrade.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:41 PM
cheech4

I agree, E savage first choice, and stampede for second. I dont own any of them but i have tested a E savage and tested an E maxx. and the E savage out does it on EVERYTHING. better handling, better performance, just plain better than the emaxx. although, emaxx does beat the E savvy in parts support as of now. but that will change, hpi has always had good parts support for there products.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:48 PM
weez440

thanx for the imput guys and well the savvy and revo are basically two different monster trucks. the savage is a bigger bulkier truck that you can beat the hell out of and it comes back for more. the revo is a nimble handling smaller truck that is suprisingly tougher then it looks but if need be can be turned into a competitive race truck pretty easily. is the stampede 4wd or 2wd? it is pretty important that it is 4wd for playing in the gravel pits. and chances are she will steal the revo from me anyways cause it will be faster lol. and after i get it i will be in this forum probably alot cause as mentioned that you have to break in the batteries i didn't know that and don't know how you do it.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: weez440

thanx for the imput guys and well the savvy and revo are basically two different monster trucks. the savage is a bigger bulkier truck that you can beat the hell out of and it comes back for more. the revo is a nimble handling smaller truck that is suprisingly tougher then it looks but if need be can be turned into a competitive race truck pretty easily. is the stampede 4wd or 2wd? it is pretty important that it is 4wd for playing in the gravel pits. and chances are she will steal the revo from me anyways cause it will be faster lol. and after i get it i will be in this forum probably alot cause as mentioned that you have to break in the batteries i didn't know that and don't know how you do it.
Stampede=2wd. Technically its not a "monster truck"
Old 06-24-2007, 07:22 PM
weez440

my nitro savage has been fun and good to me and my t-maxx was a royal pos so i am still leaning towards the savage.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:25 PM
FrankB2

I didn't have my video camera today...ARGHHHH....Best stunt ever: I went to a large high school fottball stadium, and drove
my E-Savage from the top row, right down onto the field!!!! I'll have to go back with the camera...
Old 06-24-2007, 07:26 PM
bckyrdbshr

E-Savage
Old 06-24-2007, 08:36 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Takedown

ORIGINAL: weez440

Stampede=2wd. Technically its not a "monster truck"
Yes it is, the Sportmaxx is 2wd and its a MT too.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:59 PM
tdonily

What is the compatability of parts between the E-Savage and the other nitro models?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Fr33ze

E-Savy to nitro savy is simmilar to E-maxx to nitro maxx, a-arms, axle shafts, drive shafts, shocks, bearings, rims, bodies, shock towers, bulkheads, diffs, bumpers....

You trade a gas tank and nitro engine for batteries, ESC, and electric motor. The other difference is in the chassis plate(s) to mount your hardware. Im pritty sure the rest is interchangable, correct me if Im wrong.

Im trying to trade a nice GPS to a buddy of mine for his E-Savy, its fairly new still and I like how it handles, and its a 4x4.

I sorta have a pede. Its all pede cept the AE carbon fiber deck and I cant kill it! Ive landed the pede every bad way possable. When all my nitro's are down for repair, theres my custom e-truggy. Just charge 4 or 5 batteries and Im good for almost two hours. Then I come back in and fix on the shock or maxx till the batteries are charged again. I run a Raven SV2 19x2 motor, intellect 3600Mah batteries, an old futaba MC 112B ESC, and a set of HPI MT rims/tires. Mostly made from stuff I had lying around, I bought the motor new. Its not super fast, maby 28mph, but still fun enough to get me through till payday, lol.

I cant wait to get a BL system for it.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:29 AM
bckyrdbshr

ORIGINAL: tdonily

What is the compatability of parts between the E-Savage and the other nitro models?

Very few parts will interchange from the nito Savy to the E-Savy
Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 AM
paintstikker

They won't really interchange, as the E savage is 1/10 and the GP savage is 1/8. A few things can be, bust most of hte parts arent.

I don't own either, (well, I have a E savage I got off a person on here, but I haven't gotten it yet, it has a feiago so that oughta be nice) but I have tested both and the savage is better...